Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 7:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So much for those big jackpots from Mega Millions LOL

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 3 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: April 5, 2014, 9:55 am - IP Logged

Another low jackpot winner.

When are they going to realize it's too easy to win & change the matrix again to make it hard?

There will never be another $100 mil+ mm jackpot again ever I predict.

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1709 Posts
    Posted: April 5, 2014, 10:02 am - IP Logged

I disagree, the lottery is not easy to win. there will never be another 100 million dollar + jackpot for 1 ticket to win????  I like when they have large wins and small wins, a win is a win.

sflottolover's avatar - spherewall2
      San Leandro, very near Oakland and San Francisco.
      United States
      Member #148590
      November 5, 2013
      98 Posts
      Posted: April 5, 2014, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I Agree!Yeah, I agree! Lottery is not so easy to be won!

Thanks for your kindness to visit my posting; and left me your warmness for my slow chewing! 

Those who wants to win lottery is normal; and it is abnormal if anybody does not want to win!

http://www.writers-network.com/members/sfiawong

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
        Member #103786
        January 5, 2011
        486 Posts
        Posted: April 5, 2014, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Maybe this will show people that mega can still be won even with the change. If they still pay attention I guess

United States
          Member #106134
          February 13, 2011
          806 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2014, 11:15 am - IP Logged

I Agree!Yeah, I agree! Lottery is not so easy to be won!

You live in California and you haven't won?

You must be the only one! LOL

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2014, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

No matter how high the lotteries jack up the odds, the jackpot can still be won even at low sales levels.  Nobody buys a ticket and thinks, "I hope the jackpot rolls." LOL  Remember back in December 2012, which was almost a year after PB changed to its current incarnation, four $50 million jackpots were won back-to-back, and it actually cost the MUSL $59 million from its reserve funds.  It took the game months to recover, as they had to keep drawing its jackpots down to replace those funds.

---

United States
              Member #145267
              August 1, 2013
              1709 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2014, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I like the part "nobody buys a lottery ticket and thinks", "I hope the jackpot rolls".

United States
                Member #149820
                December 9, 2013
                644 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2014, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Another low jackpot winner.

When are they going to realize it's too easy to win & change the matrix again to make it hard?

There will never be another $100 mil+ mm jackpot again ever I predict.

I dont think it's low when you could win way more than you will ever make at your job, or any job (that you're qualified for) for that matter LOL

SammyJoe10's avatar - disney37
                  Middle of Nowhere NC
                  United States
                  Member #151289
                  January 12, 2014
                  428 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2014, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

I'd rather there be multiple smaller jackpot winners than 1-2 larger jackpot winners! Spread the wealth around more evenly! Thumbs Up

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #92330
                    June 5, 2010
                    887 Posts
                    Posted: April 5, 2014, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Each time I see a low winner I think of this post and laugh:

Mega Millions will continue to roll until 1 lucky person buys the right quick pick. The new matrix was designed for no one to win until the jackpot gets so high and everyone buys in. Which could result in all possible combinations being sold. Can you imagine the resentment and backlash against MUSL and the winner.

And:

MUSL will need to sell almost all combinations to produce 1 winner.

So much for that theory. It's actually nice to see lower wins. I'm sure people who only play large jackpots don't feel this way, but I enjoy seeing more wins over bigger wins. I would enjoy it a little more if the jackpot started at $20m instead, they should really set aside so much from the high amount jackpots and put them towards future rollovers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5756 Posts
                      Posted: April 6, 2014, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

I really don't care if there is a jackpot winner every draw. I just know that if I hit it it's goodbye job and daily grind....hello retirement.

In fact, it's probably better to hit it when it's low because most people aren't paying attention like they would when it's hundreds of millions.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Portland, OR
                        United States
                        Member #145973
                        August 20, 2013
                        226 Posts
                        Posted: April 6, 2014, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

There will be another $100 million jackpot again and $500m ones too; however forget about the Billion dallas one.  It will never happen.  And yeah, I also don't like these small wins.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                          Los Angeles, California
                          United States
                          Member #103813
                          January 5, 2011
                          1530 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2014, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

No matter how high the lotteries jack up the odds, the jackpot can still be won even at low sales levels.  Nobody buys a ticket and thinks, "I hope the jackpot rolls." LOL  Remember back in December 2012, which was almost a year after PB changed to its current incarnation, four $50 million jackpots were won back-to-back, and it actually cost the MUSL $59 million from its reserve funds.  It took the game months to recover, as they had to keep drawing its jackpots down to replace those funds.

Right. And it has done that a few times now on this supposedly ridiculously hard 1-in-259M new MM odds. It all evens out in the end.

Actually, since the new MM started, based on total accumulated sales of around $1.9 Billion, we should have expected around 7 jackpot winners by now. Oh, and guess what...after Friday's win, we now have 7 jackpot winners!

We're all caught up now, so some might think the way is now clear for another big run. Wink

sflottolover's avatar - spherewall2
                            San Leandro, very near Oakland and San Francisco.
                            United States
                            Member #148590
                            November 5, 2013
                            98 Posts
                            Posted: April 6, 2014, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

Hi, jj,

California, was not the most properous lotteries state, I know NJ and NY were the most properous states where produced winners, I think the reason is people can easily get money from the Govt, that offer sufficient extra money helping people buy tickets happily. But, recently SF areas suddenly produced two winners in big jack pots, with which the news arise our interests increasing more confidence.

Thanks for your kindness to visit my posting; and left me your warmness for my slow chewing! 

Those who wants to win lottery is normal; and it is abnormal if anybody does not want to win!

http://www.writers-network.com/members/sfiawong

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                              Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4145 Posts
                              Posted: April 6, 2014, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Hi, jj,

California, was not the most properous lotteries state, I know NJ and NY were the most properous states where produced winners, I think the reason is people can easily get money from the Govt, that offer sufficient extra money helping people buy tickets happily. But, recently SF areas suddenly produced two winners in big jack pots, with which the news arise our interests increasing more confidence.

"  I think the reason is people can easily get money from the Govt, that offer sufficient extra money helping people buy tickets happily. "

What are you saying here SF- That people are winning because they using welfare cheques  to buy lottery tickets...   State your source? I have heard of people trying to buy cigarettes with food stamps- but lottery tickets?