Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Things that don't work...

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Epistrophy.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10392 Posts
Posted: April 9, 2014, 12:44 am - IP Logged

There's plenty of discussions here about things that have worked for players or that some players think will or might work.

But what have you tried that doesn't work?

One (of many) for me is hoping for an eventual intercept. Sometimes I do this on Pick 3:

The other night I played 291

What hit was                 510

So the 2 was off by 3, the 9 was off by 8, and the 1 was off by 1.

The next play would be 381.

Fun to do, and simple, but hasn't hit yet.

What about you? What kind of things have you came up with that don't work?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1131 Posts
    Posted: April 9, 2014, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Using numbers that solve Diophantine equations.

Some drawings do, but most do not follow Diophantine series.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: April 9, 2014, 1:13 am - IP Logged

There's plenty of discussions here about things that have worked for players or that some players think will or might work.

One (of many) for me is hoping for an eventual intercept. Sometimes I do this on Pick 3:

Coin, I was wrong about you. These are the types of threads I drool over when my brain thinks too hard. lol

I can totally relate. But my version works like so. I have the ability to predict very acurately just minutes before the draw. The bad news is that when this happens, it doesn't allow me enough time to make my bet at the store.. I mean JUST before the drawing. Not that I sit and watch the drawing, but I'm aware that in about a few minutes or so, when the drawing will happen, my bet won't get in. There are many times when I'll say to myself, "HA, with my luck, the winner will probably be something like 395", or whatever. And then, just seconds later, I find out my last minute pick was correct.

And the winner that night will be a boxed version winner of 395, or whatever combo at the time. Very creepy.Eek

So maybe an intergration of math, inquisitiveness, Intuition, and inkling will be the new math. lol

United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: April 9, 2014, 1:39 am - IP Logged

Well, let's bury the hatchet onlymoney!

I hear you.

I don't have any mobile devices and usually am not privvy to the mid-day results, but often I get a hunch on a number and bet it for the evening draw only to get home and find out it was the mid-day.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

lashayy40's avatar - WINGS
          charlotte nc
          United States
          Member #153946
          March 29, 2014
          55 Posts
          Posted: April 9, 2014, 4:06 am - IP Logged

I have so many tools to help me win an haven't hit since beginning if Feb.2014 and that was interim..I have the lottery Bible 2014 .. number rundown book..pyramids..and still no hit in NC as of yet..Things will get better though..I Believe.

United States
            Member #124814
            March 20, 2012
            219 Posts
            Posted: April 9, 2014, 5:39 am - IP Logged

I used to add the next 3 numbers together to the previous total. It actually got me 3+0 and 2+1 for a few drawings, don't know why I stopped. Think it was because at that time it was jackpot or bust for me. It was when I first started out. Might start doing it again.

It would go like this -

19 · 26 · 51 · 57 · 73    + 15

1+9+2 = 12, the first number in the sequence.

12 + the next 3 numbers, which are 6, 5, 1, which is 12. So 12 + 12 = 24

24 + the next 3 numbers, which are 5, 7, 7, which is 19. So 24 + 19 = 43

12, 24, 43 so far.

43 + 9(3,1,5) = 52

52 + 12(1,9,2) = 8

8 + 12(6, 5, 1) = 20

8, 12, 24, 43, 52 and 20

Note - I did this before the matrix change, so when the white ball numbers got too big, I'd just reset them. So if it were 50+14, the number would be 8. It goes to 56 and then resets so the next number is 1.

Sometimes I'd switch it up and go random with the mega ball, or do every 4th number, or do every 4th number and 3rd number in the same drawing(did this one once and hit 3+0). The drawing with which I used was just one of the past 10 drawings(or however much the old mega millions site used to list on the homepage), picked at random.

You can actually see if this works by just looking at the past drawings and see if any of the numbers add up. Might be different with the matrix change. It was just something I thought of randomly to do.

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              42228 Posts
              Posted: April 9, 2014, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Knocking on wood never brings my numbers in either, save your knuckles folks.

HyperBe Happy.

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10392 Posts
                Posted: April 9, 2014, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Knocking on wood never brings my numbers in either, save your knuckles folks.

sully,

Neither does doing a hukka in front of the machine or saying the 'Prosperity spell' as you buy your tickets:

"Money money come to me

for I deserve properity"

Lep

Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  42228 Posts
                  Posted: April 9, 2014, 11:37 am - IP Logged

sully,

Neither does doing a hukka in front of the machine or saying the 'Prosperity spell' as you buy your tickets:

"Money money come to me

for I deserve properity"

Coin, you need candles, oils and Gem stones to properly work a spell.Wink

HyperBe Happy.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                    Member #52345
                    May 21, 2007
                    2680 Posts
                    Posted: April 9, 2014, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh@ Sully

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10392 Posts
                      Posted: April 9, 2014, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

sully,

The lottery counter doesn't sell them and if I bring my own I don't want the store to think I lifted them!

Scared

Here's another 'method' I use  - there's a website, L.A. Times Crossword Corner and the Saturday puzzle solutions start like this:

Words: 70 (missing J,Q,U,V,X)

Blocks: 30
                      So for that week I would play 7030 as a Pick 4, and since the five missing leeters happen to be the five letters J, Q, U, V, X I would use the alpha-Numerics and play 10 (J), 17 (Q), 21 (U), 22 (V) and 24 (X) in the Pick 5.

Lep

Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        42228 Posts
                        Posted: April 9, 2014, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

sully,

The lottery counter doesn't sell them and if I bring my own I don't want the store to think I lifted them!

Scared

Here's another 'method' I use  - there's a website, L.A. Times Crossword Corner and the Saturday puzzle solutions start like this:

Words: 70 (missing J,Q,U,V,X)

Blocks: 30
                        So for that week I would play 7030 as a Pick 4, and since the five missing leeters happen to be the five letters J, Q, U, V, X I would use the alpha-Numerics and play 10 (J), 17 (Q), 21 (U), 22 (V) and 24 (X) in the Pick 5.

Dancing naked under the full moon doesn't work either, but can be lots of fun.White Bounce

HyperBe Happy.

United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10392 Posts
                          Posted: April 9, 2014, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh

Lep

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: April 9, 2014, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Are you sure you played 291?  You should have played a quickpick.

Croupiers shouldn't play lottery.  They should play slots. 

Maybe you were playing bingo and what happenned was that 29I was drawn?

And then the next number was 51O?

After you played 291 you should have done another insurance bet,

where you would have flip the 2, +2 to the 9, and -1 to the 1.  You could have had a straight.

Its really quite simple you know.Wink

grwurston's avatar - 144
                              Let's Go Rangers!!!
                              bel air maryland
                              United States
                              Member #90251
                              April 24, 2010
                              5134 Posts
                              Posted: April 9, 2014, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Dancing naked under the full moon doesn't work either, but can be lots of fun.White Bounce

Sun Smiley

Banana   Maybe you need to dance under the sun instead... you know, to wake up the #'s.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.