Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What new " habits" do you see yourself picking up or leaving behind should you win the lottery?

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 3 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4146 Posts
Posted: April 12, 2014, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Personally: Sleeping in a lot longer..

Tipping a lot more- l respect people who give great service; whether its a restaurant or reputable establishment.

* Getting rid of the gardener- the only reason his still around is because he was recommended by a family friend, on a number of occasions he has butchered the front lawn. This guy has the mental attitude of those folk who are decimating the Rain Forests in South America...  you out of here Pedro !!!

* Have a Great Weekend People...

** People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #103813
    January 5, 2011
    1530 Posts
    Posted: April 12, 2014, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Personally: Sleeping in a lot longer..

Tipping a lot more- l respect people who give great service; whether its a restaurant or reputable establishment.

* Getting rid of the gardener- the only reason his still around is because he was recommended by a family friend, on a number of occasions he has butchered the front lawn. This guy has the mental attitude of those folk who are decimating the Rain Forests in South America...  you out of here Pedro !!!

* Have a Great Weekend People...

** People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Sleeping in? There's plenty of time to sleep when you're dead or near death. Don't be a sloth.

Tipping? People shouldn't need to win a JP before they tip their servers well. I tip well now.

Gardener? That all depends on if you have a mansion or a condo. You might get a landscaper or groundskeeper if you have a mansion. As for gardener? Eh, I'd rather get my produce from a farmer's market or grocery store. It's quicker and easier.

United States
      Member #150370
      December 20, 2013
      451 Posts
      Posted: April 12, 2014, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Forums

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19967 Posts
        Posted: April 12, 2014, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Sleeping in? There's plenty of time to sleep when you're dead or near death. Don't be a sloth.

Tipping? People shouldn't need to win a JP before they tip their servers well. I tip well now.

Gardener? That all depends on if you have a mansion or a condo. You might get a landscaper or groundskeeper if you have a mansion. As for gardener? Eh, I'd rather get my produce from a farmer's market or grocery store. It's quicker and easier.

There's plenty of time to sleep when you're dead

I Agree!

Patriot

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2680 Posts
          Posted: April 12, 2014, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

gardener ?? I rather do it my self and I don't need a super sized lawn

personally depending on size property I'd hardscape half of it

as for tipping for services I agree U tip for good services and U leave the rotten servers to fend for selves

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4146 Posts
            Posted: April 12, 2014, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

That what l like about the forum..

l stated the obvious things someone " should & should not" be doing and you walked right into it JD.Big Smile

Continue to have a Great weekend.....

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
              JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
              Member #141034
              April 2, 2013
              1419 Posts
              Posted: April 12, 2014, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

There's plenty of time to sleep when you're dead

I Agree!

Yep, but you are not going to wake up, to appreciate how much you enjoyed your sleep.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

United States
                Member #145267
                August 1, 2013
                1732 Posts
                Posted: April 12, 2014, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you Jon 100% .

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                  Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: April 12, 2014, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you Jon 100% .

Thumbs Up

Kee12's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    I rep CA
                    Senegal
                    Member #144812
                    July 17, 2013
                    76 Posts
                    Posted: April 13, 2014, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Yep, but you are not going to wake up, to appreciate how much you enjoyed your sleep.

I Agree!

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender...I C U when U get there - Coolio

United States
                      Member #149820
                      December 9, 2013
                      644 Posts
                      Posted: April 13, 2014, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I will never buy a used car ever again. They will all be brand new unless it's a limited edition or something in the like of a different era that i maybe interested in. Nlow that doesnt mean Im buying lambos or Rolls Royces, but just normal cars like a Hyundai Sonata actually. I think that is the best car on the road today, gas mileage, warranty, acceleration etc, etc. Yep I win a jackpot no more used cars for me

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4987 Posts
                        Posted: April 13, 2014, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

I plan to eat bon bons every day!

J'aime La France.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                          Member #52345
                          May 21, 2007
                          2680 Posts
                          Posted: April 13, 2014, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

I will never buy a used car ever again. They will all be brand new unless it's a limited edition or something in the like of a different era that i maybe interested in. Nlow that doesnt mean Im buying lambos or Rolls Royces, but just normal cars like a Hyundai Sonata actually. I think that is the best car on the road today, gas mileage, warranty, acceleration etc, etc. Yep I win a jackpot no more used cars for me

nothing wrong with a used car if U don't get the certified lemon of the era Yes Nod

United States
                            Member #149820
                            December 9, 2013
                            644 Posts
                            Posted: April 13, 2014, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

nothing wrong with a used car if U don't get the certified lemon of the era Yes Nod

Which Gm automobile are you talking about??

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4146 Posts
                              Posted: April 13, 2014, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

People, especially Dealerships try not to use the word "used car" much these days SM- its now " Pre-Owned" have no idea whether the subtle use of the word changes the definition or not.. 

On a side note....

* A friend of mine got remarried for the 2nd time a few months ago and prior to meeting his future wife he said " Its the 2nd time around for both of us- we both Pre- Owned but slightly used"....Big Smile