Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What new " habits" do you see yourself picking up or leaving behind should you win the lottery?

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 3 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
Texas Panhandle
United States
Member #136843
December 20, 2012
1276 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2014, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

I plan to eat bon bons every day!

That made me laugh...and think of Peggy Bundy.

I can't think of many habits I'd leave behind, but after I put the JP in the bank,  I'd probably set Amazon.com as my home page.  I've got a hundred things on my wish list there, nothing really fancy,  mostly practical things I've always wanted but don't have room for at this point in time.  Most of them are cooking/baking related but I also want a couple of huge external hard drives that are out of my price range right now.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2659 Posts
    Posted: April 14, 2014, 4:44 am - IP Logged

I can't think of many habits I'd leave behind, but after I put the JP in the bank,  I'd probably set Amazon.com as my home page.  I've got a hundred things on my wish list there, nothing really fancy,  mostly practical things I've always wanted but don't have room for at this point in time.  Most of them are cooking/baking related but I also want a couple of huge external hard drives that are out of my price range right now.

F- amazon.com

to hades with Amazon as a home page ..... try hammacher and the grommet

new jersey
      United States
      Member #150815
      December 31, 2013
      513 Posts
      Posted: April 14, 2014, 9:46 am - IP Logged

i  would   just   travel  the   world

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
        Member #121745
        January 16, 2012
        4792 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2014, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Glad someone got it! lol

J'aime La France.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
          Texas Panhandle
          United States
          Member #136843
          December 20, 2012
          1276 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2014, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Hammacher Schlemmer is OK to look through now 'n then, but there are only a few things in there that I would buy, no matter how much money I had.  Otherwise, it's a catalog of rich boy's/girl's toys.  As far as The Grommet, I'm not much on knick-knacks, clever as they may be. $40 for a Tabletop Catapult?  People who buy things like that have more money than sense.  Besides that, I dislike websites w/ persistent nag screens.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
            A long and winding road
            United States
            Member #17084
            June 10, 2005
            4526 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2014, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

I would leave behind the constant penny pinching to make ends meet. Does it mean I'd splurge? Nah....I'd stil be conservative but not to the point where I have to give up the necessities to pay for my electric. Sometimes food clothing and shelter take a hit with utilities. 

Definitely not be employed for anyone other then myself.  find time to travel and visit my relatives. 

My tipping habits remain the same. I tip rarely ...only because I can tell those that do it for the money and those that genuinely love their job and could careless about the tip. basically if you care more for the money then the person you are serving....get out of the business. Customer is priority...the money will follow... 

I'd definitely spend more time doing charity work...be it reading at the library to young ones or helping with habitat. community is important.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
              Mcminnville, Oregon
              United States
              Member #3013
              December 13, 2003
              3051 Posts
              Posted: April 15, 2014, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I think I would eat out more and not fast food but restuarants.  If I could get the second place prize in powerball I could manage fine for a good ten years off of $500,000.  Maybe even stretch it to twenty years because an extra $25,000 a year would be nice.  That is what I play powerball for anyways the $2 million prize not the jackpot.  Unless the jackpot is willing to come along too then so be it.-weshar75

US Flag

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: April 15, 2014, 12:32 am - IP Logged

I would leave behind the constant penny pinching to make ends meet. Does it mean I'd splurge? Nah....I'd stil be conservative but not to the point where I have to give up the necessities to pay for my electric. Sometimes food clothing and shelter take a hit with utilities. 

Definitely not be employed for anyone other then myself.  find time to travel and visit my relatives. 

My tipping habits remain the same. I tip rarely ...only because I can tell those that do it for the money and those that genuinely love their job and could careless about the tip. basically if you care more for the money then the person you are serving....get out of the business. Customer is priority...the money will follow... 

I'd definitely spend more time doing charity work...be it reading at the library to young ones or helping with habitat. community is important.

"My tipping habits remain the same. I tip rarely ...only because I can tell those that do it for the money and those that genuinely love their job and could careless about the tip. basically if you care more for the money then the person you are serving....get out of the business."

With all due respect, that is one of the crazier things I've ever heard. And believe me, I've heard some crazy sh!t.

How many waitresses have you met that " genuinely love their job and could care less about the tip"?

My guess would be about...oh...let's see...maybe...none!

Admit it, TGG, you're just a cheapskate.  Yes Nod

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #86154
                  January 30, 2010
                  1649 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2014, 1:34 am - IP Logged

"My tipping habits remain the same. I tip rarely ...only because I can tell those that do it for the money and those that genuinely love their job and could careless about the tip. basically if you care more for the money then the person you are serving....get out of the business."

With all due respect, that is one of the crazier things I've ever heard. And believe me, I've heard some crazy sh!t.

How many waitresses have you met that " genuinely love their job and could care less about the tip"?

Wow! Well, this is one of those times where I must agree with you, Ridge. Waitresses are doing a job...they're waiting on several tables at a time, hand and foot SIMULTANEOUSLY, and deserve to be tipped even if it isn't as much due to a lesser experience at a given time. Waiters and waitresses alike DEPEND ON THOSE TIPS to pick up  the slack of a LOW HOURLY WAGE. Forget that 15% business...I leave 20%-25% of my bill if they just keep my tea topped off and smile when they pass by. These people really do work for a good tip and I do my part to pick up for the slackers as described in your post.

DISCLAIMER: You and I are still frienemies...nothing has changed and I'm still waiting to cut you a new one.Eek

L.L. aka Matchmaker

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40487 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2014, 11:27 am - IP Logged

ThudPeople who wait tables care about feeding their kids, paying bills, they are not in it because they want to wait on some cheapskate hand and foot for free.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                      USA
                      United States
                      Member #152799
                      February 25, 2014
                      1092 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2014, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

I plan to eat bon bons every day!

Looks yummy!!

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                        USA
                        United States
                        Member #152799
                        February 25, 2014
                        1092 Posts
                        Posted: April 15, 2014, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Wow! I couldn't believe her comment either.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: April 15, 2014, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Wow! Well, this is one of those times where I must agree with you, Ridge. Waitresses are doing a job...they're waiting on several tables at a time, hand and foot SIMULTANEOUSLY, and deserve to be tipped even if it isn't as much due to a lesser experience at a given time. Waiters and waitresses alike DEPEND ON THOSE TIPS to pick up  the slack of a LOW HOURLY WAGE. Forget that 15% business...I leave 20%-25% of my bill if they just keep my tea topped off and smile when they pass by. These people really do work for a good tip and I do my part to pick up for the slackers as described in your post.

DISCLAIMER: You and I are still frienemies...nothing has changed and I'm still waiting to cut you a new one.Eek

L.L. aka Matchmaker

"DISCLAIMER: You and I are still frienemies...nothing has changed and I'm still waiting to cut you a new one."

Whoa, always with the negative waves, man.

Relax, think happy thoughts.

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11979 Posts
                            Posted: April 16, 2014, 11:43 am - IP Logged

i  would   just   travel  the   world

I would do the same. Traveling the world with a lottery jackpot win would feel great.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11979 Posts
                              Posted: April 16, 2014, 11:46 am - IP Logged

"DISCLAIMER: You and I are still frienemies...nothing has changed and I'm still waiting to cut you a new one."

Whoa, always with the negative waves, man.

Relax, think happy thoughts.

They say that politicians are frienemies in Washington DC. LOL

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!