Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 11:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

For Fun: Lets just say...

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 3 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4145 Posts
Posted: April 14, 2014, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

You have  won either the PB or MM jackpot but being someone who values their privacy, you tell no one but your immediate family.
However word gets out that someone in the neighborhood is now a multimillionaire.
if someone asks you flat out" Are you the lottery winner?"What would be your response?
Would you lie, tell whoever asks that its none of their business!
Or just ignore the question altogether?

* Have a Great Week People.
** People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: April 14, 2014, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

You have  won either the PB or MM jackpot but being someone who values their privacy, you tell no one but your immediate family.
    However word gets out that someone in the neighborhood is now a multimillionaire.
    if someone asks you flat out" Are you the lottery winner?"What would be your response?

** People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Sleepy

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #103813
      January 5, 2011
      1530 Posts
      Posted: April 14, 2014, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Depends on who that someone is.

Depending on who they are, the answer could be Yes, No or F**k Off!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10390 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2014, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I's day something like, "If it was me do you think I would have bought a new Smart car?"

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2014, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

I'd try obfuscation.  Something like "That's funny, a good friend over in x neighborhood (on the other side of town) said the rumor is that someone there won it."

sflottolover's avatar - spherewall2
            San Leandro, very near Oakland and San Francisco.
            United States
            Member #148590
            November 5, 2013
            98 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2014, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

WinkOh, of course, You can do what as you like to do with your money...a car is just a toy as you may treat it for. You even you may do your donation as you're able to do now in your freedom. (Before time, it was only a dream, as you must be in considering your pocket!) Everybody is not the same mood of spending the first bunch of won money.

In my own thought, of course, pay off all the terms of payments for houses and redecorate my living house, and divide most the money to my children and some poor relatives if neccessary, trying make them living happy!

Ha, ha, God might be happy to help me again and again! Surely, it is my day dream on this lottery!

Thanks for your kindness to visit my posting; and left me your warmness for my slow chewing! 

Those who wants to win lottery is normal; and it is abnormal if anybody does not want to win!

http://www.writers-network.com/members/sfiawong

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4954 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2014, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

I'd try obfuscation.  Something like "That's funny, a good friend over in x neighborhood (on the other side of town) said the rumor is that someone there won it."

ohhhh! That is a good one. I will have to "borrow" that one.

J'aime La France.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                42021 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2014, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

I would say " I thought we were all Multimillionaires anyway"

HyperBe Happy.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                  A long and winding road
                  United States
                  Member #17084
                  June 10, 2005
                  4575 Posts
                  Posted: April 14, 2014, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I would answer honestly and say " I am not "THE" lottery winner" , then under my breath I'd say I am a claimant though of alotta money!!! . Why must a person be compelled to lie? One can tell as much of the truth as they want without falling into a rude or evasive manner. I doubt I would approach a person anyways....its not my win, its not my business.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

United States
                    Member #149820
                    December 9, 2013
                    644 Posts
                    Posted: April 14, 2014, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

LOL it depends on if its the crackhead or the wife beater that's doing the asking

United States
                      Member #128790
                      June 2, 2012
                      5431 Posts
                      Posted: April 14, 2014, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

**People who know they'll never win in their lifetime shouldn't keep making dumb and endless threads about events that won't occur-onlymoney

-OR-

**People who haven't done it yet should not delude themselves, as If it was inevitable - onlymoney

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                        Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4145 Posts
                        Posted: April 14, 2014, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

**People who know they'll never win in their lifetime shouldn't keep making dumb and endless threads about events that won't occur-onlymoney

-OR-

**People who haven't done it yet should not delude themselves, as If it was inevitable - onlymoney

Who the F asked you?

You have this impression that anything and everything that spews forth from your mouth is Golden advice- well listen Idiot, and yes you are an idiot and will continue to be one because you forget that l started this thread with " For Fun".. you pedantic drone!

Can you tell the difference?- obviously Not. Why don't you just stop your urge to control anything you deem " not fit for reading" in this forum. l was not made aware that Todd appointed you the Forum Thread Police- perhaps l was not sent the Memo. 

Stop carrying a hard on for everything l do or say because you becoming beyond pathetic and a poor unfortunate Soul!

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4145 Posts
                          Posted: April 14, 2014, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

You gonna respond so l can continue to rip you a new one?

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: April 14, 2014, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Who the F asked you?

You have this impression that anything and everything that spews forth from your mouth is Golden advice- well listen Idiot, and yes you are an idiot and will continue to be one because you forget that l started this thread with " For Fun".. you pedantic drone!

Can you tell the difference?- obviously Not. Why don't you just stop your urge to control anything you deem " not fit for reading" in this forum. l was not made aware that Todd appointed you the Forum Thread Police- perhaps l was not sent the Memo. 

Stop carrying a hard on for everything l do or say because you becoming beyond pathetic and a poor unfortunate Soul!

Again, for the 17th time, I never claimed I was LP police, nor did I even remotely feel that way. But as long as you have the right to write crap, I also have the right to point it out. It's kind of simple to understand. I have no idea why it's taking so much effort on your part to GET IT. lol

Do you get it now? lol (I hope)

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4145 Posts
                              Posted: April 14, 2014, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Again, for the 17th time, I never claimed I was LP police, nor did I even remotely feel that way. But as long as you have the right to write crap, I also have the right to point it out. It's kind of simple to understand. I have no idea why it's taking so much effort on your part to GET IT. lol

Do you get it now? lol (I hope)

You are an obnoxious CREEP- you go about throwing your darn Forum weight around like you in charge, you and that leprechaun whose quietened down a bit since l handed him his lunch are constantly trying to prove " something".. what the heck it is l and many others have no idea.. but l will tell you what, your behavior speaks volumes.

It tells me that you were bullied in school- probably had your lunch taken away from you as a kid as well- or vice verse, you did the bullying. You have not grown up because your habits have followed you here. Where you want to control everything as well, do you not see? You seem to think that this behavior of yours empowers you to be something that you not. You are not an intellectual Giant, as you would have others believe- you are S M A L L.