Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Help, I Think I'm Losing My Mind!!

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 3 years ago by boxofrox.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
USA
United States
Member #152799
February 25, 2014
1092 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2014, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

I've asked friends. I've asked family. I've even asked the phillipino lady at the corner store. I've asked them all the same question - What numbers you playing? Am I desperate? Yes. Can they see my desperation? I hope not. What am I doing wrong? My numbers aren't working. I played the numbers suggested by posters on this website, they aren't working. I cant even get a box hit, WHAT THE <snip>!!! Everything I see is against me - clocks, addresses, license plates, the serial numbers on my money all showing me my numbers, mocking me. I'm afraid to look up. I'm broke as it is but when i see my number i think its a sign to play it harder but i've come to realize its just the universe bending me over and <snip>ing me up the ass. Now its too late, i'm in too deep. Twice a day I take that walk and give away money i dont have. Everyday dreaming about the win. You would think that by now I should know better but, the crazy thing is, I really believe i'm going to win. I dont know what to do. Is this normal? 

Btw I'm talking about Pick 3 and Pick 4, not MM or PB. Im not delusional, well not completely.Wink

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

I'm sorry but you need to stay away from lottery games or any form of gambling for a while. When someone is in a crisis such as yourself, playing the lottery in hopes are a miracle is the last thing you should do. It's alright to dream but you need to focus your time and attention on improving your financial situation through hard work and dedication. If in the future when you have a good amount of money saved and all your bills are paid then by all means splurge a few dollars on the lottery but until then depending on the lottery to come to your financial rescue is a story that doesn't end well in 99.99% of all cases.

Good luck and God bless you.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2014, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

I've asked friends. I've asked family. I've even asked the phillipino lady at the corner store. I've asked them all the same question - What numbers you playing? Am I desperate? Yes. Can they see my desperation? I hope not. What am I doing wrong? My numbers aren't working. I played the numbers suggested by posters on this website, they aren't working. I cant even get a box hit, WHAT THE <snip>!!! Everything I see is against me - clocks, addresses, license plates, the serial numbers on my money all showing me my numbers, mocking me. I'm afraid to look up. I'm broke as it is but when i see my number i think its a sign to play it harder but i've come to realize its just the universe bending me over and <snip>ing me up the ass. Now its too late, i'm in too deep. Twice a day I take that walk and give away money i dont have. Everyday dreaming about the win. You would think that by now I should know better but, the crazy thing is, I really believe i'm going to win. I dont know what to do. Is this normal? 

Btw I'm talking about Pick 3 and Pick 4, not MM or PB. Im not delusional, well not completely.Wink

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Don't feel bad. Just stop burning money on hunches. If you feel strongly about a number then use the LP predictions board. Save that money to fight tomorrow.. Good luck Thumbs Up

That money's gone fo ever

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2014, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Btw I'm talking about Pick 3 and Pick 4, not MM or PB. Im not delusional, well not completely

Well, finally, I found at least one person here who has brain material that functions properly. Bravo my friend. P-3 and p-4 are your best bet. There's a lot of people here who couldn't get a 50/50 bet right, but they believe they will win the PM/MM one day for sure. Looney Tunes!!!Crazy

Kola's avatar - image
        Blundering Time Traveler

United States
        Member #28945
        December 25, 2005
        1528 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2014, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Ampchay82,

You asked if you are losing your mind. Yes, you are. Hopefully it's only temporary, and many of us have done it at one time or another. Either with the lottery, like you, or something else. We've all made self-destructive decisions at one time or another; Destructive thinking, feeling, and doing over food, relationships, money, and etc; Or even just having unhealthy thoughts that upon which we're often lucky enough to press the impulse control button.

I hope all the responses you've gotten indicate to you that "yes", you have crossed the line, and you need to STOP. You're in financial straits. Its not rational to spend money you don't have, and all that you have spent has yet to come back. Yet you still feel the impulse to spend hoping that the universe will at last cooperate with you and your belief that your numbers will come. Suppose the universe was not messing with you and your perceptions of numerical data in the form of stats, dreams, math, seeing-numbers-all-around-you, and etcetera, as you feel it may have?  I would even say that your strong beliefs and knowing that you will win may be a reality waiting to happen. All this being said, you may not be wholly wrong, just very inaccurate. The fact may be that you do not yet have the lottery experience, nor the emotional and mental clarity to interpret all that your mind(intellect) and emotions are processing right now in this especially difficult period of your life. You're going through a lot of stress, and you are desperate. While it's true that the obvious and desperate need you have can open your mind to perceive more than you were perceiving in the past, and your mind is hungrily seeking solutions, it may be dangerous to act impulsively on these perceptions because your strong emotions are so wrapped up in them. you do have the experience in handling so much numerical data in the form of stats, dreams, math and etcetera coming at you, handlin

Take the great advice given by various members, and dont play the lottery at all for a good while. Only when you're back in control, can you slowly then begin to play the pick 3/4 on paper.  Only on paper for now, no matter how good you feel about a number. It may be that you could've won, if you had played. Don't worry. There will be time enough for future hits, only after you get really good on paper, and after a good long while of playing this way.

Yes, you were losing your mind, but you've done 2 very sane things that should encourage you that you will reclaim control of your life. First, you knew that you have a problem. Second, you reached out for help. You're now armed with the information that your deepest self needed and wanted. I pray that you honor it. 

Be well,

Kola

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4792 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2014, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry but you need to stay away from lottery games or any form of gambling for a while. When someone is in a crisis such as yourself, playing the lottery in hopes are a miracle is the last thing you should do. It's alright to dream but you need to focus your time and attention on improving your financial situation through hard work and dedication. If in the future when you have a good amount of money saved and all your bills are paid then by all means splurge a few dollars on the lottery but until then depending on the lottery to come to your financial rescue is a story that doesn't end well in 99.99% of all cases.

Good luck and God bless you.

I agree!  And take Ridge's advice as well. You should have twenty things on your daily/weekly list (goals, other things to do) before the lottery even pops up on it. And there are no shortcuts in life. Build up a few (non-lottery) achievements and you will feel better about yourself.

J'aime La France.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
            Winning makes me smile.
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            4874 Posts
            Posted: April 18, 2014, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Every one goes through down periods with the lottery, which is what you are doing right now. That's okay. Things will eventually turn around. Till then take a break from it. Don't play for awhile. The lottery isn't going away, it will be there  tomorrow. You can use this time as an opportunity to work on the system that you use to make it better. Or develope a new  one.

But bottom line, right now you need to concentrate on making sure your financial responsibilities are taken care of first. This should be your top priority. If it takes 3 months, 6 months, a year whatever, this comes first. Try to come up with ways to cut back on your expenses. Cut back on your cable service. Do you need the top package? Can you do without a cell phone for awhile? Save on your gas & electric by keeping the thermostat at 68-70 degrees. If you leave a room turn the light off on the way out. Bring your lunch to work instead of going out. Make a thermos of coffee instead of going to Starbucks or the 7/11. Save money on your car insurance by increasing your collision deductible. Yeah, these are simple things, but they all add up. $10 here, $20 there, before you know you it you saved $200. It may be just enough to get you back on your feet. Good Luck!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              WA
              United States
              Member #122238
              January 27, 2012
              180 Posts
              Posted: April 18, 2014, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

control urself by telling yourself the numbers you picked will NOT hit. Just fight with your ego that you will lose no matter what numbers you picked. If you picked the numbers, place them on an excel spreadsheet or on paper and see for yourself every draw and every day of the draw. Do this for each game you been playing and save the money that you set out to play them in a box or a pig bank. Just realize for a minute that the odds are against you at all times. If you were to play the numbers you think will hit, just play the same numbers but don't put too much money into it, just .50 or a dollar max. Learn the patterns of numbers that hit, look up on past draws to do analysis, the numbers jump and so are the patterns.

It is very tempting to play the numbers you see and you think they will come on the day you play them but in actuality you will lose. Be smart with your money and don't let your hard earn dollars going to the state.

best of luck and stay vigilant on your actions towards the games. Forbid yourself from going to the lottery retailers.

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                Member #81314
                October 16, 2009
                18997 Posts
                Posted: April 18, 2014, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Study Hyper

The Struggle is real!

maxodds's avatar - max
                  Jupiter, FL
                  United States
                  Member #154501
                  April 18, 2014
                  74 Posts
                  Posted: April 18, 2014, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Before playing the lottery it is good practice to have some budgeting rules so you don't overspend or find that you are always over spending on lottery.

For me;

1. Every dollar I spend on lottery I put the same amount aside in a special savings account, if I can't do this then I don't play.

2. When I play I always have the same amount to play at least 10 more times.

3. Money spent on lottery is specifically budgeted for that reason.

4. Never use money for bills or regular savings to play the lottery

Following these simple rules I never over spend on the lottery.

We could all win the lottery today!

MO
                    United States
                    Member #106928
                    February 27, 2011
                    925 Posts
                    Posted: April 19, 2014, 7:00 am - IP Logged

I like!  I have just been setting aside a specific amount and when it's gone that's it.  When I win I invest most of it in the stock market instead of spending it all and just keep a small amount to play back and of course share my winnings with at least one person of whom I'm impressed to.

boxofrox's avatar - Lottery-016.jpg

United States
                      Member #45361
                      August 19, 2006
                      556 Posts
                      Posted: April 19, 2014, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

StarTake a break from playing. I've been there at times. I've played numbers, than get distracted by another pair/comb. & they hit!!

I will start a thread/history chart for your state if interested, let me know. It will take me a bit of time though, I have other things to take care of.

Sun Smiley