Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My regular"Filter" letter to Todd every 3/4 years

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 3 years ago by jimjwright.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
ORLANDO, FLORIDA
United States
Member #4924
June 3, 2004
5898 Posts
Posted: April 29, 2014, 6:51 am - IP Logged

When you have the right tools, you can filter the large set down, to a playable set.

These are the unhit ME,MH,AllIn, MI, combos left after 3 years of draws, for Fl merged

056, 256, 456, 458, 467, 469, 546, 562, 564, 607, 625, 627, 636, 647, 661, 670, 706, 726, 764, 874

Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't support the Visual Basic version, in which this was created, any longer. Eventally, Lotsoft will disappear. That's why we really need this update.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23269 Posts
    Posted: April 29, 2014, 7:47 am - IP Logged

You all are aware that the Deflate 3 and Deflate 4 tools already have the In/Out filters, right?  (The filter was added in May 2012.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #2218
      September 1, 2003
      5387 Posts
      Posted: April 29, 2014, 10:48 am - IP Logged

You all are aware that the Deflate 3 and Deflate 4 tools already have the In/Out filters, right?  (The filter was added in May 2012.)

We were talking about the Inspector tool.

Is it possible to add it to the Inspector tool?

Thanks,

Steve

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: April 29, 2014, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Thanks,

Steve

OH Brother  ... I thought for a moment I had first posted the inflate system tool instead of the INSPECT System tool.......but it was the inspect tool first mentioned up there.  That was the original focus when they both first appeared years ago anyway. The inspect tool was always our key focus. When it was later added to the deflate tool only..... it was curious. At the time....the general thinking was it would be added on at a more convenient time or something such as that. It seemed to be a time crunch thing more than anything.       

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: April 29, 2014, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

OH Brother  ... I thought for a moment I had first posted the inflate system tool instead of the INSPECT System tool.......but it was the inspect tool first mentioned up there.  That was the original focus when they both first appeared years ago anyway. The inspect tool was always our key focus. When it was later added to the deflate tool only..... it was curious. At the time....the general thinking was it would be added on at a more convenient time or something such as that. It seemed to be a time crunch thing more than anything.       

What?

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: April 29, 2014, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

What do you need LottoBoner? You keep interposing with these OVER Sized ATTention GRABBING cartoons without saying anything and it's not helpful .....positive or very polite really. Are you like a kid or something? We ignored your first little posting. We're trying have a serious discussion that might just help you.

Win d    

United States
              Member #132100
              August 26, 2012
              1076 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2014, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

These are the unhit ME,MH,AllIn, MI, combos left after 3 years of draws, for Fl merged

056, 256, 456, 458, 467, 469, 546, 562, 564, 607, 625, 627, 636, 647, 661, 670, 706, 726, 764, 874

Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't support the Visual Basic version, in which this was created, any longer. Eventally, Lotsoft will disappear. That's why we really need this update.

Bob

I don't know, but in the old Commodore 64 days, I took a very quick look at basic, assembly and machine language and if I remember right machine language works right in with the hardware and not so much with the operating system, but I might be wrong, if I am right and people would make programs in machine language as they did back in the old days, then the operating system might not matter too much, but the hardware would. I again might be wrong, but I think that CPUs were and or are downward compatible, that is their instructions set is. Like 386 intructions might still work on a 686 CPU.

But of course, machine language might not be for the average Joe to use.

Too bad for myself that unlike Todd and so many others I only took a quick look at such things.

Commodore basic was not as hard to learn as assembly and machine language, but what very little I tried to learn back on those days, I long ago forgot, I also took a quick look at assembly, but not at machine language (binary, I think).

Anyhow, I might be the only person to have made my copy of LotsoftPro kind of portable and I can't repeat that, it is I think a 1 time deal.
              That might allow me to use LotsoftPro for a very long time and I am sorry, but I can't share that.

I can of course make copies of it and give them away, but I won't, SO DON'T EVEN ASK, THAT IS PIRACY.

I Said, Don'T Even Ask, I You Do Ask, I Will Have To Say And Will Say NO.
              You might say whatever you want to, but to me IT IS PIRACY

If Ricky really wanted to make LotSoftPro FULLY freeware, to be used for-ever and on any computer at any time, he would have done away with the registration and would also have made it portable, he might be gone, but his family is (are) still here (some-where) and by law they should retain the software's rights.

Ricky said that he was making LotSoftPro freeware, but he did it only with limitations.

A person had to get a serial code from him, no serial code, no LotSoftPro, that means to be used on 1 installation of Windows, if your intallation of Windows fails or if your harware fails, mostly the hard-drive, then you will no longer have a copy of LotSoftPro, LotSoft version #1 didn't need a registration code to work without any limitations,but it was a very limited LotSoft, not as the later commercial copies.

I was not very close to Ricky, but I feel very sad about his being "gone".

You know, what LotSoftPro does, can be done by other programs and people including Todd here at the Lottery Post.

I made my filters kind of FreeWare, no restrictions of any kind on them so far.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23269 Posts
                Posted: April 29, 2014, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Thanks,

Steve

Sheesh, the natives are getting restless.  I was mentioning this in case there were people who thought it did not already exist there.  I understand the original request in this thread was for Inpsector.  I get it.

I'll do my best.  Believe it or not, there are 100s of requests that go back several years.  Some days I work up to 16 hours on this site, and most of the things I need to do people never see or know anything about.  I'm not sitting here counting dollar signs and discarding ideas.  There's a reason that there aren't 100 lottery sites out there that have been around for 15 years.  It's a lot of work every day.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #2218
                  September 1, 2003
                  5387 Posts
                  Posted: April 30, 2014, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Todd I really appreciate all your hard work in keeping Lotterypost going. 

Thanks for your consideration.

Steve

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                    Economy class
                    Belgium
                    Member #123700
                    February 27, 2012
                    4035 Posts
                    Posted: May 1, 2014, 8:05 am - IP Logged

The full set pick 3 type 50 percent filters: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/275175

Eventually this can form a solid base for a complete Excel filter workbook.

Serge

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                      Stone Mountain*Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #828
                      November 2, 2002
                      10491 Posts
                      Posted: May 6, 2014, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Wow! Very nice ! 

Thanks to Todd we now have our in/out  50/50 filter on the Inspect System here.   

........and guess what?  After 118 skip days of no Single Box IN/OUT hit in the Ga. Eve draws.............. We got our first one tonight as well.  $$ 675 all in. What are the odds. LOL 

I know of at least 2 members that hit that one. Too funny that it should arrive tonight on this occasion after 118 draws. 

The proud Northrop name and that genius has come through once again. We are better for it.     Patriot 

Win d    

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: May 10, 2014, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

What do you need LottoBoner? You keep interposing with these OVER Sized ATTention GRABBING cartoons without saying anything and it's not helpful .....positive or very polite really. Are you like a kid or something? We ignored your first little posting. We're trying have a serious discussion that might just help you.

I am sorry I was confused.

Your 'regular' filter question threw me.  Why do you have to try and insult me by saying I am kid?

Are kids so loathing to you?

I was not sure if you meant every three quarters of a year, but its clear its your regular four year letter.

I am sorry but that just had red flags all over it.

I am still confused.

I don't understand how filtering the inspector can help.

I would think, you don't filter what you are inspecting.

How can that help. 

Forgive me for being a loatheful ignorant child.

Please explain so I can be all grown up and reduce my strange behavior and acquire help.

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                          Park City, UT
                          United States
                          Member #69864
                          January 18, 2009
                          993 Posts
                          Posted: May 10, 2014, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

I am sorry I was confused.

Your 'regular' filter question threw me.  Why do you have to try and insult me by saying I am kid?

Are kids so loathing to you?

I was not sure if you meant every three quarters of a year, but its clear its your regular four year letter.

I am sorry but that just had red flags all over it.

I am still confused.

I don't understand how filtering the inspector can help.

I would think, you don't filter what you are inspecting.

How can that help. 

Forgive me for being a loatheful ignorant child.

Please explain so I can be all grown up and reduce my strange behavior and acquire help.

I wouldn't say your filtering the inspector you are seeing what the trend is or what's missing from a range of draws.  Here is the inspector for 40 draws from the Oklahoma Pick 3 starting at April 20, 2014.  How you use the information is kind of up to the individual.

For the mostly/all in / mostly all out you can see at that date it was 13 to 27 as far as the coin flip aspect of it.

Jimmy

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: May 11, 2014, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't say your filtering the inspector you are seeing what the trend is or what's missing from a range of draws.  Here is the inspector for 40 draws from the Oklahoma Pick 3 starting at April 20, 2014.  How you use the information is kind of up to the individual.

For the mostly/all in / mostly all out you can see at that date it was 13 to 27 as far as the coin flip aspect of it.

Jimmy

Thanks for the tutorial jim. 

I usually dont do the inspector.  I just run a deflate for Mid/eve and combined for say the last 400 draws, and work with that. 

I dont really work at the pick 3.  I have my matrix walk on paper and track the skips and plus minus repeat movements.

What migh be helpful would be to have an additional column that displays the expected values for the time periods.

So the IOO is the shown to be perfomoring at 62.5 in the forty games, but what is the EV?

So III is performing at 0%, but what is the expected value?

I am also looking at the results above for the IIO.  Would not the 707 be also OOO?

I am assuming the 7 here is I, but hypothetically the 2 would be O?

I am going to go look at WinD's original post and see if it explains.

Okay, i looked.

the All OUT digits are 01289...... and the ALL IN digits are34567 

Who made this distinction?

I mean 0 1 7 8 9 could be all out, and 2 3 4 5 6 could be all in too.

To me its more common sense to have  0 1 2    3 4 5 6   7 8 9

O O O   I  I  I  I   O O O

with a column showing the difference in the expected values, since one group has more digits.

Is this the difference WinD meant when he said "mostly" in versus "all" in?

Inquiring minds want to know.

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                              Park City, UT
                              United States
                              Member #69864
                              January 18, 2009
                              993 Posts
                              Posted: May 11, 2014, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the tutorial jim. 

I usually dont do the inspector.  I just run a deflate for Mid/eve and combined for say the last 400 draws, and work with that. 

I dont really work at the pick 3.  I have my matrix walk on paper and track the skips and plus minus repeat movements.

What migh be helpful would be to have an additional column that displays the expected values for the time periods.

So the IOO is the shown to be perfomoring at 62.5 in the forty games, but what is the EV?

So III is performing at 0%, but what is the expected value?

I am also looking at the results above for the IIO.  Would not the 707 be also OOO?

I am assuming the 7 here is I, but hypothetically the 2 would be O?

I am going to go look at WinD's original post and see if it explains.

Okay, i looked.

the All OUT digits are 01289...... and the ALL IN digits are34567 

Who made this distinction?

I mean 0 1 7 8 9 could be all out, and 2 3 4 5 6 could be all in too.

To me its more common sense to have  0 1 2    3 4 5 6   7 8 9

O O O   I  I  I  I   O O O

with a column showing the difference in the expected values, since one group has more digits.

Is this the difference WinD meant when he said "mostly" in versus "all" in?

Inquiring minds want to know.

For pick3 mostly IN means 2 of the 3 numbers are in 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.  All IN means all 3 numbers are in 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

The same applies for mostly OUT and all OUT except you are using the numbers 0, 1, 2, 8, 9.

Right now the Pick 3 players like the following groupings as 50/50 filters because they are easy to identify:

1. Even/Odd {0, 2, 4, 6, 8} {1, 3, 5, 7, 9}
                              2. Low/High  {0, 1, 2, 3, 4} {5, 6, 7, 8, 9}
                              3. In/Out       {3, 4, 5, 6, 7} {0, 1, 2, 8, 9}

But the math says there are 252 ways you can arrange 10 unique digits in groupings of 5.

So in theory you have 252/2 50/50 filters to choose from.  Its easy on our brains to identify 3 of the groupings but there is nothing to say that you could not use any of the other groupings and get equivalent results, especially if you are using software.

I believe LotSoftPro gave the user the ability to group the 10 digits into custom groupings for tracking.

Jimmy