Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New money vs. Old money

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 3 years ago by sully16.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #149820
December 9, 2013
644 Posts
Posted: April 28, 2014, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Do you think lottery players get snubbed by the rich when it is found out that they won their money rather than having it earned or passed down through generations? I know I wouldnt care or most people for that matter, but how do you mingle with or even handle rich people knowing they may look down on you because you just lucked into your money

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1732 Posts
    Posted: April 28, 2014, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

I would say don't hang with the rich people, live a normal life and not to be with long term rich people.  Lottery people have lost it all say within 5 years of getting the lottery winnings.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5145 Posts
      Posted: April 28, 2014, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

Do you think lottery players get snubbed by the rich when it is found out that they won their money rather than having it earned or passed down through generations? I know I wouldnt care or most people for that matter, but how do you mingle with or even handle rich people knowing they may look down on you because you just lucked into your money

SM:

Do you know how wall street works??in's/out's of trading stocks?? THEY DO !!!!!!!!!!

Do you know how 2 flash trade??in's/out's of high frequency trades?? THEY DO!!!!!!!

Do you like people who drive Corvette's or Smart Car>>>>>>>>>?? THEY DO!!!!!!!

but, they won't admitt tay R  Corvette R Smart Car fans. RICH PEOPLE R FUNNY!!!!!

Party

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103813
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: April 28, 2014, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Who cares. I don't need some spoiled brat silver spoon to validate my happiness.

As far as old money and new money:

Old money, well heck, they won the lottery in life too by being born into wealth! So what makes them better than the common man?(who won the state lottery) Many are just snooty greedy curmudgeons who were born rich, that's all they know, and have no clue how the common man lives, unless specifically taught and experienced in it.

New money, specifically entrepreneurs who created their own wealth by providing a great product or service, those are the people I respect and admire. They have an appreciation for the common man, and are less likely to be a snooty greedy curmudgeon. And they have a desire to pay it forward to society which has been so good to them.

Many of the New money types are on the The_Giving_Pledge. Snooty greedy curmudgeon Old money types...not so much.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3316 Posts
          Posted: April 28, 2014, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

self made money will  welcome you, and even  invite you  in on their investments.

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4986 Posts
            Posted: April 28, 2014, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

He did this post as B2B before...lol.

J'aime La France.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4146 Posts
              Posted: April 28, 2014, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

lol.- it takes a mighty love to come back as someone else. We talking reincarnation here?

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4986 Posts
                Posted: April 28, 2014, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

lol.- it takes a mighty love to come back as someone else. We talking reincarnation here?

lol lol Yes...but quite a long list of LP members were aware of his reincaration before I was. B2b is convinced he will be treated badly by the old money once he wins the jackpot. As I said before, as long as you are being respectful of your neighbors, most people could care less about how new his money is.

J'aime La France.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10392 Posts
                  Posted: April 28, 2014, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Good eye, Artist, and I'll make the same reply.

"Old money" considers lottery winners as having done nothing to earn their fortune (even though some old money simply inherited theirs) and thus figures the 'mew money' lottery winners aren't going to keep their money too long.

Unfortunately, statistics prove them right quite often.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                    Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #149492
                    December 2, 2013
                    919 Posts
                    Posted: April 28, 2014, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Like others said, I don't care and it really doesn't matter if you think about it.  Even if you win the biggest jackpot, old money wealth is usually still on another stratosphere from even the biggest lottery winners.

Why would you care anyways?  Just live a normal, non-excessive lifestyle where you can enjoy life without any financial worries for yourself and hopefully several generations down the line.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4146 Posts
                      Posted: April 29, 2014, 12:36 am - IP Logged

... old Money or is it New?.

Marilyn222's avatar - thumb 350-286546.jpg
                        Denver
                        United States
                        Member #117684
                        October 12, 2011
                        552 Posts
                        Posted: April 29, 2014, 5:52 am - IP Logged

Who cares. I don't need some spoiled brat silver spoon to validate my happiness.

As far as old money and new money:

Old money, well heck, they won the lottery in life too by being born into wealth! So what makes them better than the common man?(who won the state lottery) Many are just snooty greedy curmudgeons who were born rich, that's all they know, and have no clue how the common man lives, unless specifically taught and experienced in it.

New money, specifically entrepreneurs who created their own wealth by providing a great product or service, those are the people I respect and admire. They have an appreciation for the common man, and are less likely to be a snooty greedy curmudgeon. And they have a desire to pay it forward to society which has been so good to them.

Many of the New money types are on the The_Giving_Pledge. Snooty greedy curmudgeon Old money types...not so much.

You are wrong...with old money, you have no idea how long they've been contributing to the society since the very beginning. How scared they are day by day about their lives and children, how to keep their kids safe from harm. Not to expose them from the scrutiny of the media. The kids survives hiding. While new money, they're new to it. They have no idea how to use the new found wealth!

White Bounce

Denver
                          United States
                          Member #117684
                          October 12, 2011
                          552 Posts
                          Posted: April 29, 2014, 7:44 am - IP Logged

You are wrong...with old money, you have no idea how long they've been contributing to the society since the very beginning. How scared they are day by day about their lives and children, how to keep their kids safe from harm. Not to expose them from the scrutiny of the media. The kids survives hiding. While new money, they're new to it. They have no idea how to use the new found wealth!

...they're not snob nor snooty, they're just simply scared.

White Bounce

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                            Los Angeles, California
                            United States
                            Member #103813
                            January 5, 2011
                            1530 Posts
                            Posted: April 29, 2014, 8:13 am - IP Logged

Sorry, no tears shed here for poor little rich boys. With great power and wealth comes great responsibility. Whether you're rich by dynasty or by lottery, deal with it. No whining. Get security, get contingencies, done. None of this "Oh, I'm a poor little millionare/billionaire..." allowed here.

And we're not talking about the deceased, the father's and grandfathers who actually built the company from scratch. We're talking about the spoiled kids and grandkids of that wealth who inherited "old money" and are simply rich by birth. They didn't earn it, they did not create or innovate. They just sit on capital and earn interest.

Are you old money? Or if not, why have you been brainwashed to fight their battles for them?

Denver
                              United States
                              Member #117684
                              October 12, 2011
                              552 Posts
                              Posted: April 29, 2014, 8:28 am - IP Logged

Sorry, no tears shed here for poor little rich boys. With great power and wealth comes great responsibility. Whether you're rich by dynasty or by lottery, deal with it. No whining. Get security, get contingencies, done. None of this "Oh, I'm a poor little millionare/billionaire..." allowed here.

And we're not talking about the deceased, the father's and grandfathers who actually built the company from scratch. We're talking about the spoiled kids and grandkids of that wealth who inherited "old money" and are simply rich by birth. They didn't earn it, they did not create or innovate. They just sit on capital and earn interest.

Are you old money? Or if not, why have you been brainwashed to fight their battles for them?

I'm just stating the facts.

White Bounce