Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Now accepting Bitcoin payments

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Gleno.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23273 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2014, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

As of today, Lottery Post accepts Bitcoin payments for membership upgrades and renewals.

Like PayPal payments, using Bitcoin will instantly credit the upgrade or renewal to your account at Lottery Post.

Bitcoin is a relatively new form of electronic payment that is completely anonymous and secure, and avoids the use of banks or credit cards.  Some of the more "tech-savvy" members of Lottery Post will probably know what it is, but people who aren't sure about it can watch the video below for an intro.

Of course, payments can continue to be made using PayPal or direct credit card method.  And as a reminder, when using a credit card, PayPal is always the preferred way of paying, because your upgrade will happen instantly, and you are not required to have a PayPal account in order to use it.

Here's a brief into to Bitcoin:

More information about Bitcoin can be found at bitcoin.org.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2014, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd..

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2014, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

I thought I recently heard on the news that bitcoins were deemed worthless. I heard it on a radio news break about two or three weeks ago. Unless of course they made a comeback.

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23273 Posts
        Posted: May 15, 2014, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

I thought I recently heard on the news that bitcoins were deemed worthless. I heard it on a radio news break about two or three weeks ago. Unless of course they made a comeback.

If you think so, feel free to spend your "worthless" bitcoins here.

I would not trust a single thing said about Bitcoins in the mainstream news media.  They are truly clueless.

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: May 15, 2014, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

I would not trust a single thing said about Bitcoins in the mainstream news media.  They are truly clueless.

I doesn't have any bitcoins, just curious.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
            Texas Panhandle
            United States
            Member #136843
            December 20, 2012
            1280 Posts
            Posted: May 15, 2014, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

I remember reading a story from last yr. about a guy in Norway or Finland who had bought the equiv. of $27 worth of Bitcoins back in 2009, forgot about them and then couldn't remember his password.  He finally figured it out and was astounded to find that his investment was worth over $800,000 now.  He's buying a home with it.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
              Connecticut
              United States
              Member #61623
              May 29, 2008
              20581 Posts
              Posted: May 15, 2014, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm glad you said that because I was in awe when I saw "Overstock" have it as in option....hail to competing currencies!

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                Texas Panhandle
                United States
                Member #136843
                December 20, 2012
                1280 Posts
                Posted: May 15, 2014, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

I'm glad you said that because I was in awe when I saw "Overstock" have it as in option....hail to competing currencies!

And I read a while back that Germany has officially recognized it as a "financial instrument".

"Hail to competing currencies", for sure!  A statement I'd expect from a fellow fan of the good doctor.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: May 15, 2014, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

As of today, Lottery Post accepts Bitcoin payments for membership upgrades and renewals.

Like PayPal payments, using Bitcoin will instantly credit the upgrade or renewal to your account at Lottery Post.

Bitcoin is a relatively new form of electronic payment that is completely anonymous and secure, and avoids the use of banks or credit cards.  Some of the more "tech-savvy" members of Lottery Post will probably know what it is, but people who aren't sure about it can watch the video below for an intro.

Of course, payments can continue to be made using PayPal or direct credit card method.  And as a reminder, when using a credit card, PayPal is always the preferred way of paying, because your upgrade will happen instantly, and you are not required to have a PayPal account in order to use it.

Here's a brief into to Bitcoin:

More information about Bitcoin can be found at bitcoin.org.

Thumbs Up Cool.

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23273 Posts
                    Posted: May 16, 2014, 8:08 am - IP Logged

I remember reading a story from last yr. about a guy in Norway or Finland who had bought the equiv. of $27 worth of Bitcoins back in 2009, forgot about them and then couldn't remember his password.  He finally figured it out and was astounded to find that his investment was worth over $800,000 now.  He's buying a home with it.

That's a true story.  He actually bought an apartment building.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                      USA
                      United States
                      Member #152799
                      February 25, 2014
                      1092 Posts
                      Posted: May 16, 2014, 8:31 am - IP Logged

He was from Norway and cash out something like 20% to purchase a high end apartment in a very nice part of town.

Marilyn222's avatar - thumb 350-286546.jpg
                        Denver
                        United States
                        Member #117684
                        October 12, 2011
                        552 Posts
                        Posted: May 16, 2014, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

The value of Bitcoins were initially highly volatile during the first few years of it’s inception, however during the last 6 months the currency has stabilized and has been steadily increasing in value on a daily basis.

White Bounce

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: May 16, 2014, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

Do you mean he bought $27 worth of bitcoin stock and made $800,000?

To be honest once I forget my password, I never figure it out.

Unless I wrote it down somewhere.

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23273 Posts
                            Posted: May 16, 2014, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Do you mean he bought $27 worth of bitcoin stock and made $800,000?

To be honest once I forget my password, I never figure it out.

Unless I wrote it down somewhere.

There is nothing called "bitcoin stock".  One buys Bitcoins, not stock.  The guy purchased $27 worth of Bitcoins, and it was later worth $800,000.

He didn't forget his password.  He forgot that he had bought the Bitcoins a few years earlier, and when he remembered and checked it was worth a lot more.

Here's the story:  http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/29/bitcoin-forgotten-currency-norway-oslo-home

Marilyn222's avatar - thumb 350-286546.jpg
                              Denver
                              United States
                              Member #117684
                              October 12, 2011
                              552 Posts
                              Posted: May 16, 2014, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Public key encryption combines a public key and a private key. While the public key is available to anyone, the matching private key is stored securely in the digital wallet and is generally password-protected. Each Bitcoin transaction is signed by the private key of the initiating user, providing mathematical proof that it has indeed originated from the owner of the address, and preventing the transaction from being altered once it has been issued. Since the key pair is mathematically related, any data or information encrypted with a private key may only be decrypted or deciphered with the corresponding public key and vice versa.

White Bounce