Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

winning too much!

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
OHIO
United States
Member #5328
June 30, 2004
1284 Posts
Posted: May 17, 2014, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

I just want to know, if there anyone who wins a lot have any problems cashing in their tickets.

what I mean is tickets $500 or under..

Say you win 4 times in a week..and cash your ticket at the same place, and the cashier after your third win tells you that you must have more then luck and hints you are cheating.

I mean if someone wins alot..can the lottery or a agent suspect you are cheating and not cash your tickets?

have a great winning day!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4104 Posts
    Posted: May 17, 2014, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I just want to know, if there anyone who wins a lot have any problems cashing in their tickets.

Say you win 4 times in a week..and cash your ticket at the same place, and the cashier after your third win tells you that you must have more then luck and hints you are cheating.

I mean if someone wins alot..can the lottery or a agent suspect you are cheating and not cash your tickets?

" Say you win 4 times in a week..and cash your ticket at the same place"

Response: How could you be accused of cheating if their machine printed out your " winning tickets?"

Big Smile....Big Smile

ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      OHIO
      United States
      Member #5328
      June 30, 2004
      1284 Posts
      Posted: May 17, 2014, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

" Say you win 4 times in a week..and cash your ticket at the same place"

Response: How could you be accused of cheating if their machine printed out your " winning tickets?"

Big Smile....Big Smile

well. I buy my tickets at a small store..that seems never to have to much cash to cash them in..so I go to a supermarket..who has the same person working the desk day in and day out at time i can go.

have a great winning day!

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: May 17, 2014, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

Go to different stores.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3102 Posts
          Posted: May 18, 2014, 7:27 am - IP Logged

Go to different stores.

I Agree!

Spread it out, spread it around.  If you play the same number straight multiple times use a separate play slip for each. Anything that involves money can become a source of trouble if not managed properly.

BobP

United States
            Member #149820
            December 9, 2013
            644 Posts
            Posted: May 18, 2014, 9:55 am - IP Logged

I wish somebody would accuse me of cheating. I'd tell them they must be in on it because Im buying them at the same place from them. So if Im cheating they must be helping me LOL

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #94283
              July 17, 2010
              2284 Posts
              Posted: May 18, 2014, 10:37 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't be concerned about the cashier thinking I'm cheating, but if they're that petty I would worry about them turning me in to the IRS.  If they made it clear they think I'm cheating and don't sound like they're teasing me, I might report them to their boss and to the state lottery commission.  That's very poor customer service.  Then I'd find a few other places to cash my tickets and alternate among them.

The only times I've heard of a lottery investigating frequent winners is when they have access to other people's tickets, like if they're a clerk at a store or an owner who could be scamming customers.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #74096
                May 2, 2009
                22864 Posts
                Posted: May 19, 2014, 10:08 am - IP Logged

No. Don't worry about what a lowly clerk thinks, they need to do their job and keep their opinions to themselves.

The clerk can't refuse to cash your ticket unless they just don't have the cash. I hate when people comment on my

business. The minute they start paying for my tickets, that's when they can open their mouths but until then they

can just shut up or I'll get the manager involved to help shut them up. If you don't have the stomach for confrontation,

then go somewhere else. Why you need to worry about wins of less than $500 being reported as linked to cheating is

puzzling to me. Stop worrying, get your money and put the busy-bodies in their place or go somewhere else.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                  Member #71120
                  February 19, 2009
                  1209 Posts
                  Posted: May 19, 2014, 10:11 am - IP Logged

I wish we (in tennesse) had this problem,we cant win once a year,more less couple times a week...God for yall in ohio...

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                    Member #71120
                    February 19, 2009
                    1209 Posts
                    Posted: May 19, 2014, 10:12 am - IP Logged

good

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: May 19, 2014, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Maybe you shouldn't wear your "Clerks are Jerks" T-shirt all the time when you go there.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                        Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: May 19, 2014, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Thud

LAKE HAVASU AZ
                          United States
                          Member #44729
                          August 8, 2006
                          446 Posts
                          Posted: May 19, 2014, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you shouldn't wear your "Clerks are Jerks" T-shirt all the time when you go there.

LMAO....and they sell those at what store ?

some day....some day

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                            USA
                            United States
                            Member #152799
                            February 25, 2014
                            1090 Posts
                            Posted: May 19, 2014, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

I'm lucky if I win 4 times a year.

I'll post another response if I ever get to that point.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1648 Posts
                              Posted: May 21, 2014, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Yes, they can 'suspect' it but, it would be very unethical of them to do so. After all, as another member mentioned, whether you purchased your tickets at that particular store or another one, they're still legit tickets. Shame on that clerk if you actually bought them at their store. Here's the problem: the clerk is having to pay out too often to the same person, and, in their eyes something is wrong. They may actually want to know just how you do it and are afraid to just come right out and ask....curiosity disguised as an insult.

The only issue I had back in the day was the store not having enough cash sales already to honor the ticket. I was trying to cash in the morning on my way to work, at mom and pop stores, but there wasn't enough money to do it that early. So, I did it during lunch time when I knew there should be enough. I've read some really strange stories here about about how some clerks/stores can be very unpleasant to deal with.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living