Pennsylvania has its first Mega Millions lottery winner

May 21, 2014, 8:50 pm (35 comments)

Mega Millions

Winning ticket worth $149 million

MIDDLETOWN, Pa. — Someone who bought a multi-state Mega Millions lottery ticket in Pennsylvania is millions of dollars richer.

The Pennsylvania Lottery has sold its first jackpot-winning Mega Million ticket, a $149 million prize from the Tuesday, May 20 drawing.

The winning ticket was sold at White Oak Gas & Grocery on the 1100 block of Fawcett Avenue, McKeesport, Allegheny County.

The winning ticket matched all five white balls, 10, 40, 63, 64, and 69, and the Mega Ball, 7.

The ticket has an annuity value of $149 million or a cash value of $86.1 million.

The retailer will receive $100,000 for selling the jackpot-winning ticket.

The prize must be claimed and the ticket validated before Lottery officials can identify the winner. Pennsylvania Lottery Mega Millions winners have one year from the drawing date to claim prizes.

CBS, Lottery Post Staff

Comments

whiteballz's avatarwhiteballz

congratulations!

noise-gate

Here's hoping it's not a politician. 

Congratulations are in order.

Hyper

ThatScaryChick's avatarThatScaryChick

Congrats to the winner! Smile

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

I hope Dpoly won it. He's been calling this one for a long time.

PA Lottery

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on May 21, 2014

I hope Dpoly won it. He's been calling this one for a long time.

PA Lottery

Me too.

And if there's one thing Dpoly knows for sure in this old life, I hope it's this: I love ya man.

dr65's avatardr65

wow..wasn't me. But wtg to the winner! Good to see it happening in PA.

lottoguysocal's avatarlottoguysocal

Congratulations to the winner whoever he or she may be.  May you be blessed for the rest of your life and spend the money wisely!

One-Day

Bring the old matrix back.  This new system ain't working.  No higher payouts and taking too long for nothing.  I ain't playing MM for a few months now.

Rman313's avatarRman313

Theres also a million dollar PB jackpot winner from Penn tonight! Congrats to that winner also!Party

pickone4me's avatarpickone4me

First MM win for the year, is that what they mean?

pickone4me's avatarpickone4me

I just looked at the MM page, and it is the 1st.  However they have won power ball more then a couple times.

sully16's avatarsully16

Congrats to the lucky winner.

IPlayWeekly's avatarIPlayWeekly

Awesome... I can guarantee whoever the winner is isn't at work right now, enjoy your new life

Gleno's avatarGleno

Pennsylvania is a big state and know it has lots of players. It's surprising to read that PA has finally had its first MM winner. 

Congrats to the winner in McKeesport in Allegheny County, PACoffee

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Congratulation to the winner/s Thumbs Up

OldSchoolHits

I was born in McKeesport!! Very cool to see this!!!

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

LOL, Thanks, not me!

I have been to White Oak many times, just not lately ............

A very blue collar area, moderate income area.

Mckeesport City is very blighted with the collapse of the Mon Valley steel industry.

But, I am happy that we now have our first MM Jackpot!

Cheers

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on May 22, 2014

LOL, Thanks, not me!

Mckeesport City is very blighted with the collapse of the Mon Valley steel industry.

Cheers

and in speak of the widdle demon spawn LOL

Party1377

Quote: Originally posted by pickone4me on May 22, 2014

First MM win for the year, is that what they mean?

I agree there been mega millions winner JP in PA before I am very confused. Has to be this year. Mega Millions been around in PA for ever.

Party1377

Quote: Originally posted by Party1377 on May 22, 2014

I agree there been mega millions winner JP in PA before I am very confused. Has to be this year. Mega Millions been around in PA for ever.

Guess I was wrong only 4 years Mega been selling in PA. Seems a lot longer.

Glad PA finally got a mega millions winner then. Congrats to who ever won.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on May 22, 2014

LOL, Thanks, not me!

Cheers

Sounds as if whoever won it, needed it, big congrats to them. But here's hoping the next PA winner is you, dpoly.

In other news, really don't think this new matrix is working the way they intended it to. It's looking more and more like they should have left it alone.

Marilyn222's avatarMarilyn222

WTG PA!Party

SmileI just bought $300.00 worth of PB tickets a b'day gift for my husband. That is 100 tickets with power play...lol I don't know what I'm thinking.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by Teddi on May 22, 2014

Sounds as if whoever won it, needed it, big congrats to them. But here's hoping the next PA winner is you, dpoly.

In other news, really don't think this new matrix is working the way they intended it to. It's looking more and more like they should have left it alone.

Thank you!

Best of luck to you also!

Hurray!

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on May 22, 2014

and in speak of the widdle demon spawn LOL

Agree with stupid

IPlayWeekly's avatarIPlayWeekly

Quote: Originally posted by Marilyn222 on May 23, 2014

SmileI just bought $300.00 worth of PB tickets a b'day gift for my husband. That is 100 tickets with power play...lol I don't know what I'm thinking.

Wow, I've often thought about doing this with MM... Would be interested in hearing the result, even if it's a few bucks.

Drenick1's avatarDrenick1

Quote: Originally posted by Marilyn222 on May 23, 2014

Hope he wins something otherwise it's $300 worth of scrap paper for his birthday.

mrcraft's avatarmrcraft

Congrats to the winner!  Yes Nod

Quote: Originally posted by IPlayWeekly on May 23, 2014

Wow, I've often thought about doing this with MM... Would be interested in hearing the result, even if it's a few bucks.

Break even. Just got the money back. I guess I'm going to buy him a real present...lol

rcbbuckeye's avatarrcbbuckeye

Quote: Originally posted by Marilyn222 on May 24, 2014

Break even. Just got the money back. I guess I'm going to buy him a real present...lol

For last night's draw? Payout with powerplay was $200. There were no $300 payouts for that draw.

Quote: Originally posted by rcbbuckeye on May 25, 2014

For last night's draw? Payout with powerplay was $200. There were no $300 payouts for that draw.

Sorry...that's not what I meant. I mean some I got just PB and some 2-number with PB and so forth it all added up to 300.

Artist77's avatarArtist77

Quote: Originally posted by rcbbuckeye on May 25, 2014

Good observation.

mrcraft's avatarmrcraft

Quote: Originally posted by Marilyn222 on May 25, 2014

Sorry...that's not what I meant. I mean some I got just PB and some 2-number with PB and so forth it all added up to 300.

Dang, that's pretty good. 

The odds to get one 2/5+PB match is 1 in 706 and one 3/5 match is 1 in 360 .  With your 150 ticket purchase (or 100 with Powerplay) you really defied the odds to get your money back.

Goteki54's avatarGoteki54

Mega Millions has always been Maryland friendly for some reason. Congrats to the winner in Pennsylvania. Ah, you will always remember the first. You're remember that the first PA winner wasn't you.Jester

Goteki54's avatarGoteki54

Mega Millions has always been Maryland friendly for some reason. Congrats to the winner in Pennsylvania. Ah, you will always remember the first time. You're remember that the first PA Mega Millions winner wasn't you.Jester

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story