Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Math Police for State's using Computer Draws

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Nikkicute.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: June 4, 2014, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

It's very amusing to read all the whining about how the game is rigged. The states all do their best to assure random drawings. That is in their best interest. And random draws are not affected by pre- or post-tests. They're random. Each result set is independent of all other result sets. There is no cheating, fixing, or rigging going on.

There are occasional software bugs in the RNG code, but the bugs have never been shown to benefit anybody. As a professional programmer with 40 years experience, I can assure you that I have inadvertently created a bug in at least one program I wrote. It happened on a Tuesday, as I recall.

If you're not winning, it's because you're not picking the correct numbers. Nobody is out to get you. Complaining about your lack of success is silly. There is no system or gimmick that will win for you. There are only two guaranteed ways to win: sheer luck, and sheer dumb luck. That's why it's entertainment and not a career.

You're right, the states are after our best interest. The sky is always blue, and everyone lives in a log cabin by a stream with singing birds and butterflies.

Pffftttt !!!, what was I thinking?

Crazy

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #149492
    December 2, 2013
    919 Posts
    Posted: June 4, 2014, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

I agree that I think the lottery does the best to maintain transparency.  I will play the RNG games once in a while, and I do believe that they have the exact same patterns to recognize as ball drawn games.

As for the obessesion with pre-tests, I think its silly and a waste of time and energy.  You cant really prove they have any effect at all in my opinion.  As gail howard says in her book, "You cant bet on a pre-test"  so why be preoccupied with them?

As for that person who worked for the lottery who said they dont keep records of pre-tests, well that is surprising because if you aren't recording what is happening then what's the point?  All quality control done has records, so maybe it was somebody just talking when they should have been asking higher up.

But I think there is, in addition to sheer luck and sheer dumb luck, there is also smart luck and sheer smart luck, and sheer smart dumb luck.

The hardest part about smart luck, is that I find myself making the same dumb mistakes.  Kind of like stuck in groundhog day.

It kind of like I am sure most pick three players have said to themselves,

"You know that 9 has been hitting all month, but I keep playing the 8. You know that 9 has to stop soon"

Then two months go by, and that same player says THE SAME THING to themselves.

"You know that 9 has been hitting for two months now, It has to stop, I think I will continue playing the 8"  Well newsflash!!!  No it doesn't have to stop hitting.

And the 8 doesn't have to come soon.

As for Lottery being entertainment, that kind of preposterous. 

I dont really see where the entertainment is in losing all your money every week.

The whole entertainment angle is simply a disclaimer to prevent people from suing you.

I don't play for entertainment, although there is something fascinating about the evolving patterns and I do enjoy creating my excel charts.  However,

I play to win $$$$$$$$$!

Unitil you actually win some money the game hasZERO entertainment value.Idea

Until you actually win some money the game hasZERO entertainment value.Idea

That's so true.

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: June 4, 2014, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Until you actually win some money the game hasZERO entertainment value.Idea

That's so true.

But how does someone win If they don't lose most of the time?

To win straight in the p-3 game is 1 in a 1,000. Not an easy task to fulfill. Until the day we find the golden egg, it's a seemingly endless learning curve.

Most of us don't get knowledge from a beam of light shining on our head. A baby will fall many times before it finally learns how to walk properly when he/she grows older and wiser.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1648 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2014, 1:04 am - IP Logged

For what it's worth, I was only sharing a legit concern for the game and the players of the game. I actually find it extremely amusing that rather than take what makes perfect sense into consideration, people write it off as 'much ado about nothing' and that the states are trying so very hard to give players the absolute best advantages while ensuring the highest playing experience. 'You can't bet on a pre-test' is absolutely correct! Here's some well seasoned food for thought along with an ice cold beer of your choice: everyone on this forum utilizes the history of official results as the basis for coming up with numbers, and, in particular the most recent draw is the most common. Why? Because it's 'supposedly the last thing that occurred in each position but, it really isn't the case at all.

Before each next official draw, there have been multiple numbers drawn in each position which the player never knows about until after the draw is finished and they're posted later. Most of all, though, by the time the player looks over all the test results and latest official draw, a whole 'nother process with different numbers completely supercedes that last official combo...leaving the player chasing incorrect results to work with again. So, now, I ask the question of why there are so many systems based on results if the pre and post- test results can't be bet on and don't matter? Regardless of what one may think, those pre and post-test numbers STILL HAPPENED between official draws and definitely affect the positioning of numbers used to play. In my last post, those folks weren't dealing with the numbers 124 in real time position-wise...they were long gone.

The real numbers were those in pre-test #4 because they were, in fact, the very last numbers drawn. They use the term official draw very loosely and to their advantage. To those this means nothing to, more power to ya...grab some quick picks. To those that actually try and implement history-based and positional systems, I know this has to make sense. To those that see it as funny, it's prolly why you can't win anything and can't even begin to think of processing any of this. It's not so much that I really think they're cheating, but rather they're purposely fudging the true numbers to play by in real time. There are so many people that shouldn't even be playing this game...they should just take a match to what ever they plan on spending on numbers. Same result either way. Good grief.

L.L. 

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
          Member #71120
          February 19, 2009
          1209 Posts
          Posted: June 6, 2014, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

edg u must work for tn lottery.

United States
            Member #155994
            June 5, 2014
            497 Posts
            Posted: June 6, 2014, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

It bothers me that so many people are pissed off about the potential problems with computer draws, yet they're totally oblivious, cavalier, and comfortable with ball drawn states and their BS reasons for the many many pre tests, post tests, tube rotations, and machine rotations which beyond the shadow of a doubt throw off any resemblance of patterns that may and do occur.

I recently found out that Florida has 21 ball sets. I believe they perform at least 3 pre tests and 3 post tests. Florida is one of the worst to go out of their way to dissuade patterns from forming.

I know I've beaten a dead horse with this subject already, but I'm compelled to respond when I see a thread regarding these issues.

I just don't buy the BS about ensuring the machines are working properly before a real draw. The machines will break no matter how many tests they perform. And like I've said a thousand times, they are in fact aiding in the breakdown by doing all these tests because there is no such thing as a perpetual motion machine, therefore they are accelerating the wear and tear of the machines.

As far as tampering is involved, there's an easy solution that no one seems to ever respond to. Put the machines and all the associated equipment in a locked room with a video recording it when not in use. It's much simpler, as effective, and cheaper, than to do what they're doing now. But we know they won't change because of their greedy agenda.

Why is there no outrage over this? I don't get it.

That's exactly right! Anything mechanical is subject to breakdown with repeated use. They are increasing the likelihood of this happening with all those pre/post tests being done. I believe they are trying to throw people off and that's the real reason for it.

United States
              Member #155994
              June 5, 2014
              497 Posts
              Posted: June 6, 2014, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

I agree that I think the lottery does the best to maintain transparency.  I will play the RNG games once in a while, and I do believe that they have the exact same patterns to recognize as ball drawn games.

As for the obessesion with pre-tests, I think its silly and a waste of time and energy.  You cant really prove they have any effect at all in my opinion.  As gail howard says in her book, "You cant bet on a pre-test"  so why be preoccupied with them?

As for that person who worked for the lottery who said they dont keep records of pre-tests, well that is surprising because if you aren't recording what is happening then what's the point?  All quality control done has records, so maybe it was somebody just talking when they should have been asking higher up.

But I think there is, in addition to sheer luck and sheer dumb luck, there is also smart luck and sheer smart luck, and sheer smart dumb luck.

The hardest part about smart luck, is that I find myself making the same dumb mistakes.  Kind of like stuck in groundhog day.

"You know that 9 has been hitting all month, but I keep playing the 8. You know that 9 has to stop soon"

"You know that 9 has been hitting for two months now, It has to stop, I think I will continue playing the 8"  Well newsflash!!!  No it doesn't have to stop hitting.

I dont really see where the entertainment is in losing all your money every week.

The whole entertainment angle is simply a disclaimer to prevent people from suing you.

I don't play for entertainment, although there is something fascinating about the evolving patterns and I do enjoy creating my excel charts.  However,

I play to win $$$$$$$$$!

The problem with the pre/post draws has to do with tracking the numbers and when playing for the actual draws. There's nothing we can do about it, except for ,maybe, starting a petition. It would call for each state to either stop all pre/post tests or ,publicly, list all of them.

On one hand, you're right that a digit(e.g. 9) doesn't have to stop hitting. That's because of the random nature of the game. But, on the hand, it ,maybe, does. Again, the reason being the randomness of the game. The game is supposed to be unbiased and no numbers are supposed to have an advantage over any others. This is an interesting aspect to ponder. Does it ,eventually, have to stop or not? What is the final answer on this?

datamon414's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Keene, NH
                United States
                Member #117936
                October 18, 2011
                18 Posts
                Posted: June 7, 2014, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

COMPUTER DRAWINGS....

WIN D et al,
                Gentlemen, your enlightened discussion of this topic serves
                to highlight the concerns players have concerning this matter.
                One does not have to be a MIT grad to visualize the possibilities and
                potential for fraud in a situation where techies program these computers.
                Worse case scenario, a program deliberately designed by the developers to produce a consistent
                sent of " five winning numbers" in a couple of major jackpot games, and some where
                a couple of "programers" are marking bet slips with those numbers.
                Inside trading, sounds far fetched? if my "non-techie" brain can conceive such an idea, well them!
                I donot see that plot for winning JACKPOTS, since that would draw quick and intense scrutiny
                and suspicion.

Maybe OUR webmaster can design an online format to send a petition to Federal/State oversight people
                from our members. Could it be that the company that design voting machines are designing
                these computer drawing devices. Just a thought.......
                Hiding Behind Computer

Marana AZ
                  United States
                  Member #145341
                  August 3, 2013
                  176 Posts
                  Posted: June 9, 2014, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

You're right, the states are after our best interest. The sky is always blue, and everyone lives in a log cabin by a stream with singing birds and butterflies.

Pffftttt !!!, what was I thinking?

Crazy

Who said anything about the states being after our best interests? That's crazy. They're out for their own interests. They don't have to cheat. If they're not pulling in enough money, they change the rules and the odds. They own the game!!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                    Stone Mountain*Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #828
                    November 2, 2002
                    10491 Posts
                    Posted: June 10, 2014, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Here is a link to a few links regarding "Audits" for State Lotteries.....etc.   Calif seems to enjoy a lot of awards in a row for transparency. 

Still not clear about there being an Association of some kind where standards are agreed on ......across the board. If not ....lets start one !!

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=who%20audits%20lottery%20games

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #123290
                      February 17, 2012
                      3048 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2014, 2:25 am - IP Logged

I play to win $$$$$$$$$!

I will play the RNG games once in a while, and I do believe that they have the exact same patterns to recognize as ball drawn games.I Agree!