Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

States Back Room Odds Fix is already IN !!

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Pick3Guy.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: June 8, 2014, 11:40 am - IP Logged

Some where some place there was a Secret Meeting!

Mutual agreements have been stuck between all of the State Lottery Commissions.

The Fix is already in ..... and players are the victims.

A meeting has already taken place and we were not invited!   

Can you spell......??  "Price Fixing" Naughty

In this case we would call it ..... ODDS Fixing !    

Governments cheat......and they do it all the time .......on Everything

Think about it....

If I were elected the new Head of a State Lottery Commission and told to increase the Lottery Revenues$......the first thing I would do is.....   LOWER the Odds ! Perhaps just a little  ....but enough to attract an advantage! 

The Fix is already IN ! Done deal......agreed on by mutual interest and.. mutual Survival of them ALL ! 

We all know fool well these states could compete with each other for more business. Quickly changing several things .....especially things like the ODDS.         

If I were a little State .....and surrounded by several larger states ......just guess all the things we could do? 

Why .....because no one wants a lottery WAR .....right ?  You Bet ... they don't ! 

Because the States all had a meeting and agreed together .......too obvious ! Group Hug 

Nobody rocks the Lottery Boat.

Like they said in the movie,   " The God Father" nobody wants a War..... Blood is bad for business !

Unless it's the players blood.... 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: June 8, 2014, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Make it player minded!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: June 8, 2014, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Make it player minded!

Huh? What... 

Those little 3 and 4 word post you do... actually have a certain"jena se qua" to them.

But,..... perhaps they are just too complex for us Americans to enjoy to their fullest meaning. LOL 

you know what they mean when they say"floaters" ?

Those eye things ....those little floating things you can see in your eyes sometimes. Only when you try to look at them .....they dart away right? 

Funny ....I was just thinking about those for some reason. Hope it's not a tumor.... LOL

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
        Texas
        United States
        Member #150797
        December 31, 2013
        821 Posts
        Posted: June 8, 2014, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Yes, Lottery is not a "game" to the states.  It's a deadly serious method of increasing their revenue.  Jack-in-the-Box

And if you dare to win, they slap you with more taxes! Bang Head

The goal is to make sure that they are the ONLY winner at Lottery, and that they win BIG!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1654 Posts
          Posted: June 8, 2014, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Think about it....

If I were elected the new Head of a State Lottery Commission and told to increase the Lottery Revenues$......the first thing I would do is.....   LOWER the Odds ! Perhaps just a little  ....but enough to attract an advantage! 

The Fix is already IN ! Done deal......agreed on by mutual interest and.. mutual Survival of them ALL ! 

We all know fool well these states could compete with each other for more business. Quickly changing several things .....especially things like the ODDS.         

If I were a little State .....and surrounded by several larger states ......just guess all the things we could do? 

Why .....because no one wants a lottery WAR .....right ?  You Bet ... they don't ! 

Because the States all had a meeting and agreed together .......too obvious ! Group Hug 

Like they said in the movie,   " The God Father" nobody wants a War..... Blood is bad for business !

But, it's by the 'gubment'...the 'gubment' is good...everybody likes the 'gubment' lotteries. We gots to have 'gubment'. BIG 'gubment' or itty-bitty 'gubment...it don't matter. Without the 'gubment', we ain't got no kinda lotteries to play...and I like to play lotteries. Yep, and a 'nother thing. Without 'gubment' and the lotteries, ain't nobody gonna be here 'cause ain't nothin' lottery to talk about.

See, right now, we's both here talkin' 'bout the 'gubment' and the lottery...'cause we got lottery issues to talk about...'cause we got lotteries...'cause we got 'GUBMENT'.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5744 Posts
            Posted: June 8, 2014, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Wow.

Just.....wow.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
              Texas
              United States
              Member #150797
              December 31, 2013
              821 Posts
              Posted: June 8, 2014, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

But, it's by the 'gubment'...the 'gubment' is good...everybody likes the 'gubment' lotteries. We gots to have 'gubment'. BIG 'gubment' or itty-bitty 'gubment...it don't matter. Without the 'gubment', we ain't got no kinda lotteries to play...and I like to play lotteries. Yep, and a 'nother thing. Without 'gubment' and the lotteries, ain't nobody gonna be here 'cause ain't nothin' lottery to talk about.

See, right now, we's both here talkin' 'bout the 'gubment' and the lottery...'cause we got lottery issues to talk about...'cause we got lotteries...'cause we got 'GUBMENT'.

L.L.

Hehehehe!  You are right, Lucky Loser.  I failed to consider the positive aspects of the situation. Dance

And think of the mental challenges we face daily.  Keeping our brains fit and meeting great people -- I was wrong to complain!

I like lotteries too.

datamon414's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Keene, NH
                United States
                Member #117936
                October 18, 2011
                18 Posts
                Posted: June 8, 2014, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Hey WIN D,
                Do you get the ' DAILY SHOW ' up there in Stone Mountain?
                If you do, watch a couple of episodes, relieve some of the pressure
                these Lottery Commissions putting on your staid soul,lol.

United States
                  Member #155994
                  June 5, 2014
                  497 Posts
                  Posted: June 8, 2014, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Think about it....

What are you talking about and where are you getting this from?

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                    Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #149492
                    December 2, 2013
                    919 Posts
                    Posted: June 8, 2014, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

It's true the odds on some games have been getting worse over time, but states don't need to collude to accomplish that.  It's us lottery players that keep playing those darn games that feed their coffers regardless if they tweak the odds or not.  If enough of us quit playing, that'll send a message and possibly put various lotteries out of business.  Will that happen?  Never!  We just keep playing regardless of the odds...

United States
                      Member #155994
                      June 5, 2014
                      497 Posts
                      Posted: June 8, 2014, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

It's true the odds on some games have been getting worse over time, but states don't need to collude to accomplish that.  It's us lottery players that keep playing those darn games that feed their coffers regardless if they tweak the odds or not.  If enough of us quit playing, that'll send a message and possibly put various lotteries out of business.  Will that happen?  Never!  We just keep playing regardless of the odds...

Agreed!! At least, for the big money games. We should consider not playing them anymore since too many people lose their money. Not enough people win those games to warrant playing them. Instead, we should stick with playing small(er) money games so more people win. It's better to make some money than to be in the negative.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3159 Posts
                        Posted: June 8, 2014, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

If you think the odds are too high, then how would you explain the two  MM wins on 3/25 (20mill) and 4/4 (30mill). That took everyone by surprise and probably got the folks at the MUSL real nervous.

Texas
                          United States
                          Member #86154
                          January 30, 2010
                          1654 Posts
                          Posted: June 8, 2014, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Agreed!! At least, for the big money games. We should consider not playing them anymore since too many people lose their money. Not enough people win those games to warrant playing them. Instead, we should stick with playing small(er) money games so more people win. It's better to make some money than to be in the negative.

How dare you post things in this forum that make nothing but sense! Hell, I don't even play the jackpot games and your second and third sentences wore me out!!! As for your fourth sentence, I've been saying it for years... that the small games are more 'controllable' for the player and 100% easier to win. Then your last sentence...it ought to be put in a frame along with how many times I've also said it as well and here's the most recent time: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/253446

Check my dialogue with onlymoney on pg.2 to see it darn near verbatim. Even in my Matchmaker days, I talked 'recovery' and then profit...treating the game no differently than a real business. It's because the player has to do this or else the 'business' simply won't be successful. Sure, real businesses lose money at times but they end up making more overall than they had to lose during times and is why they remain in business. You get my point, though.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86154
                            January 30, 2010
                            1654 Posts
                            Posted: June 8, 2014, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Wow, You and Pick3Guy are on some TRUTH missions...and now I'm gonna fortify it all with what I have to say and it's gonna hurt some feelin's, too. People see how the odds have went up on those jackpot games, right along with the cost...yet they continue to mess with 'em. See, it boils down to more money to win with way less chance of winning it due to more numbers thrown into the field. The states market the new minimum jackpot starting point and the new tier prizes...all things MORE MONEY. But, they NEVER break down just how hard they've actually made it for more winners to actually happen or how INFREQUENTLY it will be. Just, " Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money!"

Now, we have a scenario where the majority of the people say that the gov'ment (many ways to say it) is oh-so greedy in all things...particularly with these JP games. Okay, I can understand this due my reasoning above. What I'd like to know, though, is just how many of these people are the one's that like to wait until the JP is only a puddle hop away from the space station before they decide, "It's enough for me to play, now." Really? Is this not greed as well? Will $100M not fix all their financial problems and extend them a new lease on life? Does it really have to be over $500M just for a person to figure it's 'worth their while'?

Choosing How Much Money (To Try) And Win, http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/244751, is a topic I started a couple of years ago and the responses were intriguing. In the end, I still say that I was and am still right. I don't care if 90% of the total amount of combinations are sold, there is still 10% left and that winning combo can still be in it. Usually, it is based on the latest results where only three people matched three numbers in three states for PB. Why people wait is beyond me because the winning combo can be issued in the first 100,000 tickets, TRUTH BE KNOWN. Nothing has proved that just because so many tickets are sold, a winner has to be evident. We're talkin' millions of combos in even 10% of the unsold numbers...yet people think they have a better chance that way. All it takes is that one single number to make or break the winning combo. Then, what do they have? A five number winner, still, after having waited for it rise to $500M.

So, what does this person do now? Give the money away because it's not the whole amount and what they wanted to win? Throw the ticket away? What? This percentage of players has no room to call the guv'ment greedy at all 'cause they're in the same boat and rowing the other paddle. For those that play regardless of the amount, I truly hope they hit something one one day because I like that type of mindset.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5744 Posts
                              Posted: June 8, 2014, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I always play MM and PB because I would be happy to hit for second prize.

On the other hand, I rarely play games like Cash 5 because the odds are out of whack for the jackpot. 1 in 435,000 for $18,000??? I see pick 5 games in other states that go for 100k or more. And yes, I know what the odds are for the big games, but at least those are life changing prizes.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)