Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do most people buy MM &PB tickets the day of a draw or in advance?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 2 years ago by ttech10.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: June 19, 2014, 7:15 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just curious if people by MM and PB tickes or even your state draw games in advance or the day of the draw? The majority of the time I buy them after work the day of the draw or on a Saturday for PB (now I might go weeks before playing).  I'm just thinking that it might be easier to start buying my tickets in advance and make less stops to the gas station where I play. In my mind I use to think maybe a person had a better shot of winning if they played on the same day of the draw but know I think it's illogical to think that way since drawings are random and the lottery balls don't know when someone is playing, lol.

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    rekjavik
    Iceland
    Member #99537
    October 27, 2010
    177 Posts
    Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:01 am - IP Logged

I always wondered if it matters when to buy?What?Cheers

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11978 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:24 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just curious if people by MM and PB tickes or even your state draw games in advance or the day of the draw? The majority of the time I buy them after work the day of the draw or on a Saturday for PB (now I might go weeks before playing).  I'm just thinking that it might be easier to start buying my tickets in advance and make less stops to the gas station where I play. In my mind I use to think maybe a person had a better shot of winning if they played on the same day of the draw but know I think it's illogical to think that way since drawings are random and the lottery balls don't know when someone is playing, lol.

Playing is the most important thing.

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11978 Posts
        Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:26 am - IP Logged

It does not matter. You can wait to buy 1 lottery ticket next year, if you want to.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4106 Posts
          Posted: June 19, 2014, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I have no idea, but ever so often we get a  winner who is purchasing gas, looks up and sees the jackpot amount and buys a single ticket,  next thing you know- they set for life.

As someone always says" All it takes is one ticket with all the right numbers"

Big Smile

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11978 Posts
            Posted: June 19, 2014, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

I have no idea, but ever so often we get a  winner who is purchasing gas, looks up and sees the jackpot amount and buys a single ticket,  next thing you know- they set for life.

As someone always says" All it takes is one ticket with all the right numbers"

Big Smile

Playing the lottery to win? LOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: June 19, 2014, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Ohio has a MM promotion of buy 2 get 1 free when the jackpot is less than $100M if tickets are brought on the day of the drawing after 7:30PM so the average price of a ticket is reduced to 67¢ during that period.  Players who want the cheaper tickets has to buy them then or pay the regular price.  If other states have similar promotions on some of their games I'm sure it effects when their players buy tickets too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7308 Posts
                Posted: June 19, 2014, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Ohio has a MM promotion of buy 2 get 1 free when the jackpot is less than $100M if tickets are brought on the day of the drawing after 7:30PM so the average price of a ticket is reduced to 67¢ during that period.  Players who want the cheaper tickets has to buy them then or pay the regular price.  If other states have similar promotions on some of their games I'm sure it effects when their players buy tickets too.

The free tickets are probably QPs and not the same as getting 30 self picks for $20. Do the megaplier players get a free ticket with megaplier?

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                  Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #149492
                  December 2, 2013
                  919 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2014, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

I usually buy day of the draw but for no particular reason.

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                    Cordova,Al.
                    United States
                    Member #104482
                    January 15, 2011
                    4889 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2014, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I buy the tickets way in advance. All I really care about is just have a ticket & a chance to win the Jackpot, no matter what size it is.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: June 19, 2014, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

The free tickets are probably QPs and not the same as getting 30 self picks for $20. Do the megaplier players get a free ticket with megaplier?

All the rules are explained on Ohio's lottery website but as far as I know all free tickets are $1 QPs regardless of what is brought for $2.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7308 Posts
                        Posted: June 19, 2014, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

All the rules are explained on Ohio's lottery website but as far as I know all free tickets are $1 QPs regardless of what is brought for $2.

The free tickets the 5/39 games give for matching two numbers are QPs and the Ohio terminals are probably programmed to print one QP for every two MM tickets. I wonder how many clerks keep the free tickets.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7308 Posts
                          Posted: June 19, 2014, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

The drawing numbers are 5 of 59 and 1 of 35 for PB and 5 of 75 and 1 of 15 for MM. Because the numbers are drawn from the total matrix, in most drawings there is no jackpot winner making when tickets were purchased irrelevant.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19825 Posts
                            Posted: June 19, 2014, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

The free tickets the 5/39 games give for matching two numbers are QPs and the Ohio terminals are probably programmed to print one QP for every two MM tickets. I wonder how many clerks keep the free tickets.

Actually the terminals are programmed to print a free QP for every $2 spent.  I fill out 4 lines on my MM play slips and the terminal prints out 2 free QPs too and does the same if I fill out all five lines unless they have Megaplier and then it would probably print out 5 QPs.

Also our Rolling Cash5 (5/39) game actually pays $1 for a match 2 not a free QP.

I probably wouldn't play at all until the jackpot was higher if it wasn't for the free QPs and I can only get them the night of the drawing.

Evil Looking       

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4788 Posts
                              Posted: June 19, 2014, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I buy all my tickets on CATURDAY!!!!!

J'aime La France.