Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Second Chance Drawings

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 2 years ago by maringoman.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
TinkerMazell's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
Augusta, Georgia
United States
Member #127854
May 10, 2012
81 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2014, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I haven't seen a thread about 2nd chance drawings. I'd like to start one so here goes! (I hope I'm doing it correctly LOL)

I am a huge fan of the 2nd chance drawings. I just won over $600 worth of prizes from the Georgia Lottery's $1 and $2 second chance game.

Any other winners here?

I am a $20,000 winner from a Georgia Lottery scratch off game called "$3,000,000 Taxes Paid"!

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2014, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Wow congrats TM. 

I've entered a lot of them but never won.  The Idaho Lottery also has giveaways on its Facebook page which I've been entering for about a year now but never won.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #149492
      December 2, 2013
      919 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2014, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Our 2nd chance drawings are hard as nails to win due to the sheer number of entries we get.  Sometimes I'll get enough entries to get my odds under 1 in 1,000 but that's a rare occurrence these days.  I haven't won anything.

Augusta, Georgia
        United States
        Member #127854
        May 10, 2012
        81 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2014, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Wow congrats TM. 

I've entered a lot of them but never won.  The Idaho Lottery also has giveaways on its Facebook page which I've been entering for about a year now but never won.

Thanks for the reply! Don't give up! Good luck!

I am a $20,000 winner from a Georgia Lottery scratch off game called "$3,000,000 Taxes Paid"!

Augusta, Georgia
          United States
          Member #127854
          May 10, 2012
          81 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2014, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Our 2nd chance drawings are hard as nails to win due to the sheer number of entries we get.  Sometimes I'll get enough entries to get my odds under 1 in 1,000 but that's a rare occurrence these days.  I haven't won anything.

How do you know how many entries are received? I've always wondered what the process was as to how they choose the winner... Good luck to you, and thanks for replying!

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #149492
            December 2, 2013
            919 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2014, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

How do you know how many entries are received? I've always wondered what the process was as to how they choose the winner... Good luck to you, and thanks for replying!

CA Lottery provides the information on their website after the draws are completed. 

As far as the process, all I know is it's computer selected.  Confused

Just recently, the same person won the Fantasy 5 2nd chance draw three times in five weeks, so people are up in arms, saying it's rigged, etc.  Apparently, the CA Lottery is investigating. 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10344 Posts
              Posted: June 30, 2014, 1:03 am - IP Logged

In Illinois most of the 2nd chance winners were just like most of the draw game winners, Chicago and Cook county and the collar counties.
              I played them at first but when the winners lists started looking alike I stopped.
              I don't think we've had any since Northstar took over the lottery.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                Republic of Texas
                United States
                Member #57557
                January 9, 2008
                1095 Posts
                Posted: July 1, 2014, 12:02 am - IP Logged

Congrats!

Since I don't do too many scratch offs these days, I haven't entered one in a while. I did win an autographed Texans jersey, #24 Jonathan Joseph (Pro bowler) last year. I still have tickets in on the 2014 Texans 2nd chance drawing, so I'm hoping for the 3rd prize - 2 years season tickets for 2. I think it closes in July.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Augusta, Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #127854
                  May 10, 2012
                  81 Posts
                  Posted: July 1, 2014, 9:15 am - IP Logged

Good luck and thanks for the reply!

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
                    Member #154519
                    April 19, 2014
                    243 Posts
                    Posted: July 1, 2014, 9:52 am - IP Logged

I entered one.  Everyday I went through the garbage and collected losing tickets.  I had 100s of tickets entered in the 2nd chance drawing and no one in my city won.

Detroit Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #38128
                      April 24, 2006
                      102 Posts
                      Posted: July 1, 2014, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I'm glad someone started a topic about 2nd chance drawings I have entered at least a few thousand losing scratch tickets in the past 2 years I get them from a friend who works at a gas station in Flint Michigan he puts the losers aside for me. I have won nothing so far and I still have a garbage bag full of tickets to enter,  in Michigan we are limited to 40 tickets max a day you can enter. My issue with the sysytem is they only have a total of 3 finalist for the million dollar giveaway and one person maybe two a year wins the million dollar prize... I think they should have a drawing once a month with more chances to win larger cash prizes anybody else feel the same? I don't know about other states I'm just speaking about Michigan. I'll keep trying.

Augusta, Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #127854
                        May 10, 2012
                        81 Posts
                        Posted: July 1, 2014, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I entered one.  Everyday I went through the garbage and collected losing tickets.  I had 100s of tickets entered in the 2nd chance drawing and no one in my city won.

I'm sorry you haven't won yet :( just don't give up and don't be discouraged! There are SO MANY entries the odds are almost as bad as on line drawings, but you can win. I speak from experience. What state are you playing!

Augusta, Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #127854
                          May 10, 2012
                          81 Posts
                          Posted: July 1, 2014, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

I'm glad someone started a topic about 2nd chance drawings I have entered at least a few thousand losing scratch tickets in the past 2 years I get them from a friend who works at a gas station in Flint Michigan he puts the losers aside for me. I have won nothing so far and I still have a garbage bag full of tickets to enter,  in Michigan we are limited to 40 tickets max a day you can enter. My issue with the sysytem is they only have a total of 3 finalist for the million dollar giveaway and one person maybe two a year wins the million dollar prize... I think they should have a drawing once a month with more chances to win larger cash prizes anybody else feel the same? I don't know about other states I'm just speaking about Michigan. I'll keep trying.

All I know is, it's hard to tell exactly what your odds are for a 2nd chance drawing in any state because the number of participants vary from state to state and even game to game!. A state like Michigan has not so good odds because of the high participation from the state's population. Your method of getting the tickets from a friend is a good idea. Don't give up, and don't forget to post it here on this thread when you win! Good luck!

Augusta, Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #127854
                            May 10, 2012
                            81 Posts
                            Posted: July 12, 2014, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

So I received all of my prizes from the 1 & 2 Play it Again promotion from the Georgia Lottery via UPS. I'm not sure how to post pictures on here from my phone. I got a Michael Kors ladies gold Runway watch with a price tag of $225.00, (I will probably sell it or give it to someone for Christmas because it's too large for my taste), some diamond and gold earrings, a hammock, a camping tent, and a storage containter for my dog's food. Oh well, it's not the $100,000 grand prize but better than nothing and I'm thankful!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #94283
                              July 17, 2010
                              2284 Posts
                              Posted: July 12, 2014, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like you made out pretty well if you're a camper.  Congrats!

BTW if it's this watch, I love it!  I'm sure whomever you gift it to will be very happy.