Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Monopoly Millionaires's Rule posted

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 2 years ago by LottoMetro.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1394 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2014, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

The Texas Lottery Commission has filed complete rule data for the upcoming Monopoly Millionaires' Club Jackpot game due to begin in October.
There is too much extraneous information to post here.
However, here are some basic game features.
The game will use Random Number Generators in lieu of ball machines.
The jackpot begins at $15 million and is capped at $25 million.
Approximately 10 $1 million prizes will be available only when the jackpot is won.
The game matrix is 5/52 and 1/28.
A player can choose to play self picks or quick picks.
Each ticket will include a RNG selected number ranging from 1 to 28.
When the jackpot is won, a second drawing will be held to award 10 million dollar prizes.
Only players with the correct 1/28 number will qualify for the second drawing.
Drawings will be held on Friday only.
Cost to play is $5 per ticket.
Players can choose between 30 annual payments and Cash.
To view the complete rule, go to www.txlottery.org
Click on ABOUT US
Click on Legal notices/meetings
Click on Recent Tx Lottery Rules
The game info is in first rule item listed.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1129 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2014, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

The Texas Lottery Commission has filed complete rule data for the upcoming Monopoly Millionaires' Club Jackpot game due to begin in October.
    There is too much extraneous information to post here.
    However, here are some basic game features.
    The game will use Random Number Generators in lieu of ball machines.
    The jackpot begins at $15 million and is capped at $25 million.
    Approximately 10 $1 million prizes will be available only when the jackpot is won.
    The game matrix is 5/52 and 1/28.
    A player can choose to play self picks or quick picks.
    Each ticket will include a RNG selected number ranging from 1 to 28.
    When the jackpot is won, a second drawing will be held to award 10 million dollar prizes.
    Drawings will be held on Friday only.
    Cost to play is $5 per ticket.
    Players can choose between 30 annual payments and Cash.
    To view the complete rule, go to www.txlottery.org
    Click on ABOUT US
    Click on Legal notices/meetings
    Click on Recent Tx Lottery Rules
    The game info is in first rule item listed.

Thanks for the heads up. Most of this info was posted in the last couple pages of this thread, but it's nice to finally see a major lottery publish the rules.

I am curious though,

Are you sure this is correct? The rules I read before said that every ticket in the jackpot-winning drawing would be eligible.

If true though, that could explain why the 1/28 is quick pick only (second-chance/game show entries aside). Disapprove

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

San Angelo, Texas
      United States
      Member #1097
      January 31, 2003
      1394 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2014, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

To play MONOPOLY Millionaires’ Club a player shall select, or use Quick Pick to choose, five (5) different numbers from one (1) through fifty-two (52); the additional number in the range from one (1) through twenty-eight (28) shall always be a randomly generated Quick Pick number for the second value in the player’s selection. The second number may be the same as one of the first five numbers selected by the player. The second number shall be represented on the player’s ticket both as a number and as the associated MONOPOLY game board property. Each play shall also have a unique, non-repeating transactional number associated with that play to be used in determining MONOPOLY Club Prize winning plays, only in the event the Jackpot Prize is won and a separate MONOPOLY Club Prize drawing is held.

This is incorrect. Sorry about that.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
        NY
        United States
        Member #121961
        January 21, 2012
        3157 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2014, 1:31 am - IP Logged

I don't see anything positive about this game unless I'm missing something.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #149492
          December 2, 2013
          919 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2014, 2:23 am - IP Logged

I don't see anything positive about this game unless I'm missing something.

I don't think you're missing anything.  I agree.

Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1129 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2014, 2:50 am - IP Logged

I don't think you're missing anything.  I agree.

I think I pretty much lost hope when I heard about the $25 million cap but we'll see. Could get interesting with many Club prizes.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

San Angelo, Texas
              United States
              Member #1097
              January 31, 2003
              1394 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2014, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Each play shall also have a unique, non-repeating transactional number associated with that play to be used in determining MONOPOLY Club Prize winning plays, only in the event the Jackpot Prize is won and a separate MONOPOLY Club Prize drawing is held.

Not to be redundant, but it appears that the 'unique non-repeating transactional number' will determine Club winners.
              If they have 10 one million prizes to give away, then there will be at least 10 players holding winning tickets.
              Interesting that a jackpot winner could also win an extra million by having one of the transactional numbers.
              A $20 investment for 4 chances once per week isn't bad, given the price of everything else these days.

As for the $25 million cap, I'll take it. The cash payment will be less, but, it will still be enough money for a good life.
              Heck, one million cash could make life easier for folks who know how to manage money.

Personally, I'm ready for something different.

I'm pretty sure we will soon have to read a bunch of posts telling everyone how bad the odds are, as if most regular lottery
              gamblers don't already know what they are.

Happyland
                United States
                Member #146344
                September 1, 2013
                1129 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2014, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Each play shall also have a unique, non-repeating transactional number associated with that play to be used in determining MONOPOLY Club Prize winning plays, only in the event the Jackpot Prize is won and a separate MONOPOLY Club Prize drawing is held.

Not to be redundant, but it appears that the 'unique non-repeating transactional number' will determine Club winners.
                If they have 10 one million prizes to give away, then there will be at least 10 players holding winning tickets.
                Interesting that a jackpot winner could also win an extra million by having one of the transactional numbers.
                A $20 investment for 4 chances once per week isn't bad, given the price of everything else these days.

As for the $25 million cap, I'll take it. The cash payment will be less, but, it will still be enough money for a good life.
                Heck, one million cash could make life easier for folks who know how to manage money.

Personally, I'm ready for something different.

I'm pretty sure we will soon have to read a bunch of posts telling everyone how bad the odds are, as if most regular lottery
                gamblers don't already know what they are.

bobby,

I was wondering about the Club prize drawing too. I also inferred that they would draw from the pool of tickets, rather than simply generate another set of numbers....this is nice because winners are actually guaranteed unlike PB and MM (which technically have no guarantees). I understand now that this is what the developers meant that it would be a "hybrid" game, combining elements from draw games and scratch-off games.

The cap for me is just a peeve....little to do with how much one "needs" but rather the value of the game. The only reason it is so low is because they are afraid it will take away sales and attention from PB and MM (I heard them state this during a meeting). I would be happy if they actually made a decision in the favor of players for a change. I guess the launch of this game qualifies but they still have a ways to go. Maybe they will raise the cap in the future. Personally, I don't see the point of having a jackpot at all if the focus will be on $1 million prizes, but I suppose that for a national level you need something to advertise.

Yes the odds are bad, dollar-for-dollar the jackpot odds are about 1.4x worse than Mega Millions! But of course players won't care Jester

Even still it will be interesting to see how the game pans out. In the event of 100 Club winners, the press would have a field day. On the other hand it will probably bring out the conspiracy theorists if all 100 happen to be from New York and California LOL