Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 12:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it a scam by a lottery to end the game when half of the top prize still available?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Romancandle.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
Connecticut
United States
Member #61623
May 29, 2008
20581 Posts
Posted: July 26, 2014, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Is it a scam by a lottery to end the game when half of the top prize still available?

Criminal really.It they'd have half an ounce of ingenuity,they could actually sell the remaining books before the expiration and market the sh*t out of it instead of pissing away TV time promoting new tickets.Hell most store owners will tell you when they get a new ticket in.

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

Romancandle's avatar - moon
    Upacreek
    United States
    Member #136306
    December 8, 2012
    431 Posts
    Posted: July 26, 2014, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

For the jackpots on scratcher games, especially on the more expensive tickets ($5 and up) definitely misleading.

At least with PB, MM, Lotto, P3/P4 etc, you've got a chance to win the jackpot prize (albeit remote) on every draw/ticket you purchase.

With scratchers, that Jackpot ticket (s) may not even be available for purchase anywhere in the state for long stretches of time, so your odds are ZERO.

It's even worse when they pull a game with lots of top prizes remaining.  In that case, you never had a shot at them.

The lottery is a profit driven business and if they were to let all the games run their full cycle, they'd lose money- period.  Like somebody else said, they continue to flood the market with new games, offer piddley prizes on scratchers for the most part and then pull the game.

Lately, the IL lottery is posting winner's pictures for 1K wins, pretty pathetic... pretty soon they'll probably be posting pics of folks winning a free ticket and going on and on about how amazing the lottery is Wink

-RC