Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lottery Machine Ate My Ten

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 2 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
Member #158848
September 5, 2014
294 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2014, 1:12 am - IP Logged

No difference than when you buy something and the clerk gives you back too much change or charge a lesser amount to your credit you walk away thinking you got lucky.

I don't walk away when a cashier gives me back too much money. A young lady at a fast food restaurant mistakenly gave me $10 extra - I promptly told her she gave me too much change and handed her back the $10. She was very grateful.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2014, 1:30 am - IP Logged

I don't walk away when a cashier gives me back too much money. A young lady at a fast food restaurant mistakenly gave me $10 extra - I promptly told her she gave me too much change and handed her back the $10. She was very grateful.

That happened to me as well. The cashier mistakenly handed me $20.00 more than what she was supposed to and I was already in my car when I noticed and I went back in and told her she gave me way too much change. She was extremely grateful because I'm sure some people would have kept it, but if you have ever worked a job like that going 20 dollars short is a big deal.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
      Member #158848
      September 5, 2014
      294 Posts
      Posted: September 11, 2014, 1:49 am - IP Logged

That happened to me as well. The cashier mistakenly handed me $20.00 more than what she was supposed to and I was already in my car when I noticed and I went back in and told her she gave me way too much change. She was extremely grateful because I'm sure some people would have kept it, but if you have ever worked a job like that going 20 dollars short is a big deal.

Good for you! I worked loss prevention at a department store years ago, and it wasn't uncommon for cashiers to get fired if they came up short on their tills. Management assumed they must be stealing, and promptly gave them the heave ho. I'd hate to cost somebody their job by dishonestly keeping excess change.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5142 Posts
        Posted: September 11, 2014, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

Good for you! I worked loss prevention at a department store years ago, and it wasn't uncommon for cashiers to get fired if they came up short on their tills. Management assumed they must be stealing, and promptly gave them the heave ho. I'd hate to cost somebody their job by dishonestly keeping excess change.

S$:

Congrats 2U4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4UR "honesty">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!

Sorry about what happened 2 BobP &D dishonest lottery machine @D Publix store.

DanceHurray!Dance

BUT:  and there is always a but out there if they raise mim wage 2 $20/hr retail

will provide machines 4 everything we purchase from lottery tickets 2 "NUT's" !!