Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where is your favorite spots for purchasing lottery tickets?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Scratch$.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #94616
July 24, 2010
4735 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2014, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Good to try and patronize the ten or twelve Mom 7 Pop's left in the country, but I try to go anywhere I know the clerks play lotto, too, it eliminates some hassles.

One example, the Illinois Lucky Day Lotto playslips now have an option, Midday, Evening, or Both.......but the machines just do not take Both. It's a lot easier when you get a clerk that says they'll run two slips or punch the numbers in than one that says, "It just won' take the slip."

Yea NY just updated its slips for one of its games (Lotto) and I was surprised how many clerks offered to manually enter my numbers - ALL were at M&P stores... 

Play-girl's avatar - yesnurse
    Atlanta, Georgia
    United States
    Member #84484
    December 29, 2009
    162 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2014, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

99% of the time I get mine from the grocery store. It has a nice quiet corner with machines where I can stand and scratch or pick numbers. The clerk at the gas station I visit is always nosy about my lotto purchases LOL

I thought it was just me! The gas station clerks are watching the numbers I play & then have the nerve to ask me how often I hit?! So I mix it up... If I have errands to run I play at the grocery store & I try not to go to the same gas station twice in 1 day!! They are some Nosey people...

**Almost Doesn't Count**

Baton Rouge, LA
      United States
      Member #4602
      May 7, 2004
      699 Posts
      Posted: August 31, 2014, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

There are several places I buy from, but I don't really have a favorite.

I buy some of them at a locally owned convenience store that's just around the corner from my home, some from supermarkets, occasionally from a vending machine in a supermarket which is the only lottery vending machine in my city, and a couple of other convenience stores that are on my work commute.

I don't really have a favorite place.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

California
        United States
        Member #141204
        April 7, 2013
        280 Posts
        Posted: August 31, 2014, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

my favorite spot is the spot that sells me the winning ticket.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
          Columbus, Ohio
          United States
          Member #128906
          June 5, 2012
          591 Posts
          Posted: August 31, 2014, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Supermarkets... I have my bet slips pre filled

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5603 Posts
            Posted: August 31, 2014, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I used to always get my tics at the Tom Thumb grocery store. It is a little closer to home, but it got to be a hassle. The vending machine wouldn't work, or there is always just one person working at the service desk, and no one else in the whole store can go back there. I got fed up. So now I go to a little gas station/convenience store up the road. I used to get my tics there a few years ago, I just like it better there. The owners are the ones that are there, and they are always friendly. We'll talk about the lottery, and she likes to play scratchers. If I win a jackpot I would rather they get a cut.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
              Member #94616
              July 24, 2010
              4735 Posts
              Posted: August 31, 2014, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I used to always get my tics at the Tom Thumb grocery store. It is a little closer to home, but it got to be a hassle. The vending machine wouldn't work, or there is always just one person working at the service desk, and no one else in the whole store can go back there. I got fed up. So now I go to a little gas station/convenience store up the road. I used to get my tics there a few years ago, I just like it better there. The owners are the ones that are there, and they are always friendly. We'll talk about the lottery, and she likes to play scratchers. If I win a jackpot I would rather they get a cut.

Thumbs Up

United States
                Member #149820
                December 9, 2013
                644 Posts
                Posted: August 31, 2014, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

If no one else is in the store on every occasion you want to visit a M&P's  to buy lottery tickets, I seriously  doubt they will stay in business- you making my point Shelby.

not necessarily. There are 5 chain gas stations within a mile of each other where I live and 3 are Kangaroos. The M&P's are a little more spread out around here.

aux8b's avatar - home

United States
                  Member #57793
                  January 19, 2008
                  2333 Posts
                  Posted: September 1, 2014, 8:08 am - IP Logged

I go where ever it is convenient. But I do go to a different store to cash in. There are some store clerks who talk about he/she wins and how much.

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
                    Baltimore, MD
                    United States
                    Member #143332
                    May 30, 2013
                    398 Posts
                    Posted: September 1, 2014, 10:58 am - IP Logged

I don't think it really matters. I could be wrong, but aren't most convenience stores and gas stations owned by individual franchisees? So it's not like a corporation is going to get the commission's check for the franchises selling the ticket right? I mostly play my numbers at a mom and pop store basically, because it's the closet to my house.

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                      Nova Scotia
                      Canada
                      Member #9934
                      December 27, 2004
                      884 Posts
                      Posted: September 1, 2014, 11:26 am - IP Logged

I go to the conveience store's down the road from me, if I am out for a walk, and the clerk's at the gas station seem to be envious of me and my small win's, they are quite negative people; so I try to go to different stores away from those people when I can.. I want better luck too; other than a small win- I am trying for jackpot's!!

Skibunnylk's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                        Member #157701
                        July 28, 2014
                        137 Posts
                        Posted: September 1, 2014, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

No favorite spot for me as none of my tickets have ever paid out more than $7. I just pick up a ticket if the retailer even sells them and whether the lottery is even on my mind.

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
                          Member #158848
                          September 5, 2014
                          294 Posts
                          Posted: September 10, 2014, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Convenience stores or grocery stores.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions