Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Best time NOT to play doubles is...

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Trafficpro.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2014, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Check out how many times your STATE had 3 doubles in a row last year or for the last ..... 365 draws.

We would be lucky to get more than 8 or 9 times a year. So, around 90% of the time we would be good to go ..NOT playing another double for the 3rd. day. 

So, how many times a year should we expect say...... 4 doubles in a row?  Out of the average 99 doubles per game per year we get....... MAYBE 1 or 2 !!

=====================================================================================================

You only have to bet one time a year to make a profit. Wait ...and pick just the right opportunities and increase your chances. 

P.S.

New York midday just had their 3rd double in a row today(Saturday).  ODDS wise.... playing only Singles for Sunday would be a good bet.  Sun Smiley

Getting 4 doubles in a row .....is more rare than hitting a Triple !  Odds against a 4th double on Sunday are about as good as we get ....in this bad odds game. 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

United States
    Member #155994
    June 5, 2014
    497 Posts
    Posted: September 13, 2014, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Check out how many times your STATE had 3 doubles in a row last year or for the last ..... 365 draws.

We would be lucky to get more than 8 or 9 times a year. So, around 90% of the time we would be good to go ..NOT playing another double for the 3rd. day. 

So, how many times a year should we expect say...... 4 doubles in a row?  Out of the average 99 doubles per game per year we get....... MAYBE 1 or 2 !!

=====================================================================================================

You only have to bet one time a year to make a profit. Wait ...and pick just the right opportunities and increase your chances. 

P.S.

New York midday just had their 3rd double in a row today(Saturday).  ODDS wise.... playing only Singles for Sunday would be a good bet.  Sun Smiley

Getting 4 doubles in a row .....is more rare than hitting a Triple !  Odds against a 4th double on Sunday are about as good as we get ....in this bad odds game. 

Well, that's very good work, Win D. You deserve a lot of credit for taking notice of this. I've know about this for years and here you are pointing it out. Interestingly, you're even correct about the number of doubles(i.e. 3 ) ,in a row, with your question. So, what made you ask about getting 3 doubles in a row instead of 2. I'm just curious.

Anyway, I can tell you that there's a lot more to be understood with this. You've only scratched the surface. Yes, it's true that singles will follow right after doubles more often. However, believe it or not, the advice about only playing singles after 3 consecutive doubles isn't ,necessarily, correct. In fact, this can be the right time to play doubles. Huh? Wtf, you say? Of course, what I'm saying is counterintuitive. But, it's true. That's because there's a whole other logic to the game that you don't know about.

lottobrain's avatar - box
      Smyrna, DE
      United States
      Member #10074
      January 1, 2005
      125 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2014, 7:36 am - IP Logged

Well, that's very good work, Win D. You deserve a lot of credit for taking notice of this. I've know about this for years and here you are pointing it out. Interestingly, you're even correct about the number of doubles(i.e. 3 ) ,in a row, with your question. So, what made you ask about getting 3 doubles in a row instead of 2. I'm just curious.

Anyway, I can tell you that there's a lot more to be understood with this. You've only scratched the surface. Yes, it's true that singles will follow right after doubles more often. However, believe it or not, the advice about only playing singles after 3 consecutive doubles isn't ,necessarily, correct. In fact, this can be the right time to play doubles. Huh? Wtf, you say? Of course, what I'm saying is counterintuitive. But, it's true. That's because there's a whole other logic to the game that you don't know about.

The last part of your statement seems a little challenging to the good work that WIN D is doing.  Since you weighed in on the subject, how about continuing the discussion with some of your knowledge?

PeerGynt's avatar - nw archer.jpg
        Simi Valley, CA
        United States
        Member #156940
        July 4, 2014
        671 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2014, 10:08 am - IP Logged

California has a high probability of showing a third double in a row today.  Even if a third doesn't appear, at least one is surely going to appear within the next three draws. I have a sneaky feeling we're going to see a run of doubles in CA's D3, because it's been so chary of doubles of late; and CA is nothing if not the the land of "swingers" - i.e., it wildly see-saws to its opposite extremes (e.g.: we had a dearth of return- or repeat-pairs, and then in the last week or so we had a virtual overflowing cornucopia of them).

Smiley

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2014, 11:50 am - IP Logged

WIN D, you make me think mathematics, but have no time to pick this up again. Maybe I will write a book after my death. ;)

Simi Valley, CA
            United States
            Member #156940
            July 4, 2014
            671 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2014, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

The last time in California we had three doubles in a row not containing a triple was... one heck of a long time ago.  And the board's rarin' to go for another one.  This could be the day....

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
              Stone Mountain*Georgia
              United States
              Member #828
              November 2, 2002
              10491 Posts
              Posted: September 14, 2014, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

The last time in California we had three doubles in a row not containing a triple was... one heck of a long time ago.  And the board's rarin' to go for another one.  This could be the day....

Sure ......keep betting against the odds and meet me back here in a couple of years.  LOL   I always have some spare change for the needy.  LOL

Nothing is 100% ....but Ca combined mid and eve had 732 draws in the last year. How many times did you get 3 doubles in a row? I know ,,, do you?

If not you are swinging in the dark. You might hit on accident this time but 90% of your time will not win.  90% of your time.

Everyone always says.....but "My State is different"    Well, good LUCK with that. Cause LUCK is all you get with that. 

Really...... I know that doing wild.. crazy things and winning is more fun..... but it just won't work for you long term.

You won't win that way enough times to stick around very long. 

Win d    

Simi Valley, CA
                United States
                Member #156940
                July 4, 2014
                671 Posts
                Posted: September 14, 2014, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Sure ......keep betting against the odds and meet me back here in a couple of years.  LOL   I always have some spare change for the needy.  LOL

Nothing is 100% ....but Ca combined mid and eve had 732 draws in the last year. How many times did you get 3 doubles in a row? I know ,,, do you?

If not you are swinging in the dark. You might hit on accident this time but 90% of your time will not win.  90% of your time.

Everyone always says.....but "My State is different"    Well, good LUCK with that. Cause LUCK is all you get with that. 

Really...... I know that doing wild.. crazy things and winning is more fun..... but it just won't work for you long term.

You won't win that way enough times to stick around very long. 

Within the last year, WinD, i.e., going back to approximately Sep/Oct....

-- Four times without a triple

-- One time with a triple

-- One run of five in a row with a triple

And as a P.S.: Just about exactly one year ago, a run of five broken up by one single

Wink

Seriously, though: This isn't necessarily "swinging in the dark"... though yes, you are absolutely right, the chances of a double coming up today, Midday, are slim just because of these statistics above... however... the chance of a double (or triple, though less likely statistically) coming up within the next three plays - going out on a limb here, but still - within the next three plays are, gosh, you know, I'm just gonna put it at 99%.  And hold me to it! Smile

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                  Stone Mountain*Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #828
                  November 2, 2002
                  10491 Posts
                  Posted: September 14, 2014, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

P.S.

Odds are your friend Blue Angel.......... 146 Single Box hit Sunday NEW YORK midday draw today. Thud

P.S.

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                    Stone Mountain*Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #828
                    November 2, 2002
                    10491 Posts
                    Posted: September 14, 2014, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

And as a P.S.: Just about exactly one year ago, a run of five broken up by one single

Wink

Seriously, though: This isn't necessarily "swinging in the dark"... though yes, you are absolutely right, the chances of a double coming up today, Midday, are slim just because of these statistics above... however... the chance of a double (or triple, though less likely statistically) coming up within the next three plays - going out on a limb here, but still - within the next three plays are, gosh, you know, I'm just gonna put it at 99%.  And hold me to it! Smile

But peer..... that wasn't the subject or the point on this particular post. All that is about something else.

All of that is.... Doubles over here ...doubles over there..... should show at this time or that. That's not the point on this hunting trip right here ...right now. This wasn't about doubles "in general" it was about this particular Doubles Trap.

Rare yes...... but it will work in ALL States ......about 90% of the time. Heck, that's all we need sometimes. A couple of real good hits here and there....right?

That's a very good thing .......cause how many 90% Systems are posted around this Forum anyway? Patriot  LOL 

P.S.

peer.... in the last 732 Ca draws combined ...and with less than 10% of the time ....Ca had exceptions to the point. So...your numbers are good enough to demo this example here yes? Yeap... 

Win d    

Simi Valley, CA
                      United States
                      Member #156940
                      July 4, 2014
                      671 Posts
                      Posted: September 14, 2014, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

But peer..... that wasn't the subject or the point on this particular post. All that is about something else.

All of that is.... Doubles over here ...doubles over there..... should show at this time or that. That's not the point on this hunting trip right here ...right now. This wasn't about doubles "in general" it was about this particular Doubles Trap.

Rare yes...... but it will work in ALL States ......about 90% of the time. Heck, that's all we need sometimes. A couple of real good hits here and there....right?

That's a very good thing .......cause how many 90% Systems are posted around this Forum anyway? Patriot  LOL 

P.S.

peer.... in the last 732 Ca draws combined ...and with less than 10% of the time ....Ca had exceptions to the point. So...your numbers are good enough to demo this example here yes? Yeap... 

Ah, yes, true then, WinD.  As a general rule, it's much better, I agree.  I'm looking at the particular, when the general rule was the subject.

I'm going to play some singles today myself, not being entirely certain today's the day for a third double.

However... one should take into account the "state of the game" when making these decisions.

California has recently gone these achingly long periods between doubles - way out of the norm.  As well, California has gone longer than normal between back-to-back doubles.  Also, the CA D3 (imho) seems to be a game that loves swinging to extremes in its game.

All three create a situation where, it might be good to consider, a third double in a row appearing.

Smiley

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                        Stone Mountain*Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #828
                        November 2, 2002
                        10491 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2014, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Peer....thank you and glad you agree......at least "in general".

In general...  a 90% hard fact System backed up with real stats ...... is a good thing for consideration. So is what you are trying to point out......yes?  Me too.... LOL 

That was my point here on this specific post anyway ...in general and for all States...... and the subject of what I was trying to demo.  LOL 

If anyone can show any long running exceptions to this 90% System .......please show your work.

IF ...........anyone can SHOW their work.    Just saying .." Nuh-UNH" ...isn't enough. Green laugh

Win d    

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                          Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1689 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2014, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

GOOD post!!!!!! Can't think of another conditional play that produces a 90% guarantee for the next draw.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #2218
                            September 1, 2003
                            5387 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2014, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Updated the WinD Roulette Excel files:

https://app.box.com/s/eumecqlf0xdmzjzvp29u

https://app.box.com/s/ymkqpiypniyipsky4qef

Includes past 100 draws of all States' Pick 3 .

Quick view of any state with 3 consecutive doubles.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                              Member #59354
                              March 13, 2008
                              3966 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2014, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Here is MO pick-3 evening for singles, doubles and triples. 

RL

pick-3

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020