Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is there such a system or software that works with sums? Help! :-)

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 2 years ago by garyo1954.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Maryland
United States
Member #126396
April 8, 2012
400 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2014, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

So, I want to kind of confess what I am doing, if I would even able to explain it..LOL.. I have been playing for a while Multi Match, Mega, Power B..for about 6 month and I always get, I am saying consistently, 2 or 3 numbers.. In Multi Match up to 4 often, but I did not get 5  or 6 yet.. And Powerball and Mega 2 to 3.. Ok. May be 4 to 5 times just 1 number..I do not focus so much on the mega or power balls, just more match 5 or match 6 in Multi. So I was basically using couple software's . My concept is to filter what #s probably would not be drawn 60% of the time, at list 60%. I am not sure I reach that point yet..  You know how many times we buying Q picks it could be even 5 combinations and more and non of the numbers in Qp would be in the future draw? So, I am using little bit of everything, little math, some stuff from software, even crazy things like I know, that number that represent the date of the draw will probably not drawn in 70% (approximate) of the time..I dont have any system of mine to share, I was just doing work to analyze everything possible. And the best idea I got for myself its just observation!! So,of course i noticed with help of software that most of the draws falls for example in Multi Match from 141-150, and because I never worked with the sums before I thought it would be good idea to see all the combinations for it and go from there by positions. Now , i just want to add. I think for each person things work differently..Meaning, some people do good in calculations, and I think I do better in observations.. So its important for me to actually see all this draw and then may be to apply the methods ..

So I hope I made a sense.. Hew!..There is probably many people do stuff like that already, but I thought I want to explain where I came from with this sum thingy..

Thanks again for help!! I hope everyone will win one day!!!!!!!!Smile

Don't ever grow up, it's a trap!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1713 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2014, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

So, I want to kind of confess what I am doing, if I would even able to explain it..LOL.. I have been playing for a while Multi Match, Mega, Power B..for about 6 month and I always get, I am saying consistently, 2 or 3 numbers.. In Multi Match up to 4 often, but I did not get 5  or 6 yet.. And Powerball and Mega 2 to 3.. Ok. May be 4 to 5 times just 1 number..I do not focus so much on the mega or power balls, just more match 5 or match 6 in Multi. So I was basically using couple software's . My concept is to filter what #s probably would not be drawn 60% of the time, at list 60%. I am not sure I reach that point yet..  You know how many times we buying Q picks it could be even 5 combinations and more and non of the numbers in Qp would be in the future draw? So, I am using little bit of everything, little math, some stuff from software, even crazy things like I know, that number that represent the date of the draw will probably not drawn in 70% (approximate) of the time..I dont have any system of mine to share, I was just doing work to analyze everything possible. And the best idea I got for myself its just observation!! So,of course i noticed with help of software that most of the draws falls for example in Multi Match from 141-150, and because I never worked with the sums before I thought it would be good idea to see all the combinations for it and go from there by positions. Now , i just want to add. I think for each person things work differently..Meaning, some people do good in calculations, and I think I do better in observations.. So its important for me to actually see all this draw and then may be to apply the methods ..

So I hope I made a sense.. Hew!..There is probably many people do stuff like that already, but I thought I want to explain where I came from with this sum thingy..

You made perfect sense! We're like kittens with a ball of yarn on these things. We love the mess we make.

Which means this time I did not add the Mega ball in the sum. Just finished running it again.

Without the Mega ball.....

658853 is my final answer. The Excel file is 21megs starting at 1 2 3 60 75.

Probably shave a couple of megs off by deleting the sum (141) column.

I'm tired and I didn't do anything but watch!!!!!

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Maryland
      United States
      Member #126396
      April 8, 2012
      400 Posts
      Posted: November 9, 2014, 10:56 am - IP Logged

You made perfect sense! We're like kittens with a ball of yarn on these things. We love the mess we make.

Which means this time I did not add the Mega ball in the sum. Just finished running it again.

Without the Mega ball.....

658853 is my final answer. The Excel file is 21megs starting at 1 2 3 60 75.

Probably shave a couple of megs off by deleting the sum (141) column.

I'm tired and I didn't do anything but watch!!!!!

G

Hi and thanks for your help and understanding, I really appreciated. I actually gave sum 141 as a example , its actually more good for Multi Match, sorry, if I wasn't clear.. but anyway Thank you so much!!!!Smile

Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1713 Posts
        Posted: November 9, 2014, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Hi and thanks for your help and understanding, I really appreciated. I actually gave sum 141 as a example , its actually more good for Multi Match, sorry, if I wasn't clear.. but anyway Thank you so much!!!!Smile

Your very welcome.

Would have like to see everyone come up with an identical definitive answer.

Thought I could resolve the differences by searching the internet. But even Ian Saliu's site shows a total for 141, using the Megaball as part of the sum, at 1094191. 

We all know there is only one answer and I'm curious to know what it is.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
          Member #116344
          September 8, 2011
          3928 Posts
          Posted: November 9, 2014, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

See this thread, and this   File, it may help. Most x/n games are draws without replacement, so I don't think positions are

relevant. Using the  sum range 141-150 for example, how do you figure the exact sum in that range for your next draw?

Triggers should give a very restrictive  '  SUMS interval'- This is just  an ideal!

Maryland
            United States
            Member #126396
            April 8, 2012
            400 Posts
            Posted: November 9, 2014, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

See this thread, and this   File, it may help. Most x/n games are draws without replacement, so I don't think positions are

relevant. Using the  sum range 141-150 for example, how do you figure the exact sum in that range for your next draw?

Triggers should give a very restrictive  '  SUMS interval'- This is just  an ideal!

Thank you adobea78, I will check it out. As I mentioned before I am new to using sums. I just had an idea.. I have a software where I am looking at the sums range ..Yes of course I will not know exactly which sum will hit for sure its all about what sum will not going to hit or what numbers probably will not come up.. and exc..

Thanks..Smile

Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1713 Posts
              Posted: November 9, 2014, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

I wrote a program that doesn't include the megaball (i.e. it will calculate all the combos from 5/75 matrix that have sum 141)

It found 86,961 combos in 14 seconds.  I guess you could multiply that number by number of megaballs to get the total combinations.

If interested here is link to .cpp source code.

Source code

It is a general purpose program you can use it for any game matrix and not just MegaMillions.

From a command prompt you would type the following:

GenSumCombos 5 75 141 > output.csv

Jimmy

JIM YOU WIN!

You and the farm sever are RIGHT!

Here's the reason:

There are only 17259390 different permutations of a 1-75 game NOT counting the Megaball.

If you attempt to calculate these, even when you don't use the Megaball in the SUM, you are going to get 14 counts of each permutation.

EXCELLENT PROGRAMMING JIM!

Now I want MY VERY OWN SERVER FARM. And farmers to run it.

G

United States
                Member #116344
                September 8, 2011
                3928 Posts
                Posted: November 9, 2014, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

JIM YOU WIN!

You and the farm sever are RIGHT!

Here's the reason:

There are only 17259390 different permutations of a 1-75 game NOT counting the Megaball.

If you attempt to calculate these, even when you don't use the Megaball in the SUM, you are going to get 14 counts of each permutation.

EXCELLENT PROGRAMMING JIM!

Now I want MY VERY OWN SERVER FARM. And farmers to run it.

G

Just curiosity, is permutation relevant in a game of ' draws without replacement'?

United States
                  Member #116344
                  September 8, 2011
                  3928 Posts
                  Posted: November 9, 2014, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Take the matrix 5/75(or any matrix) with the sum range  15-365,  simulate or randomize the sum range 15-365 and sample the rate of occurrence of each sum. Filter out  the rate of occurrence for sum range 141-150, basically, 141-151 becomes a subset of the larger range 15-365.

Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1713 Posts
                    Posted: November 9, 2014, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Just curiosity, is permutation relevant in a game of ' draws without replacement'?

Missing any point you're trying to make.

The lottery commission printed playslips that prevent anyone from trying to make this a "draw with replacement" game. You can't even get to the counter with two of the same  number marked in a single block of the playslip. The same number in a single block does not exist. Machine wouldn't read it even if you could try.

For all practical purposes and intents, the lottery commission ended that idea by putting only ONE of each number in any single block on the playslip.

And it would be rather silly to go to the counter and ask for a QP with three 37s in the same line knowing, 1) you won't get it and, 2) there is only one 37 to be drawn.

So what is your point?

As your subset idea, the question is so what? In any way, shape, form, or manner you slice the matrix, you are dealing with a subset.

So what's you point?

Already clicked your read this, which led to another post that said read this, at which point I said forget it.

So what's you point?

G

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3972 Posts
                      Posted: November 9, 2014, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Gary

There are 17259390 combinations but many more permutations.  It's true that it does not matter

which order / position the balls are drawn in but if it did then 5-75= 2,071,126,800 permutations.

Hate to play that game.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
                        Member #116344
                        September 8, 2011
                        3928 Posts
                        Posted: November 9, 2014, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Missing any point you're trying to make.

The lottery commission printed playslips that prevent anyone from trying to make this a "draw with replacement" game. You can't even get to the counter with two of the same  number marked in a single block of the playslip. The same number in a single block does not exist. Machine wouldn't read it even if you could try.

For all practical purposes and intents, the lottery commission ended that idea by putting only ONE of each number in any single block on the playslip.

And it would be rather silly to go to the counter and ask for a QP with three 37s in the same line knowing, 1) you won't get it and, 2) there is only one 37 to be drawn.

So what is your point?

As your subset idea, the question is so what? In any way, shape, form, or manner you slice the matrix, you are dealing with a subset.

So what's you point?

Already clicked your read this, which led to another post that said read this, at which point I said forget it.

So what's you point?

G

I did ask a simple question, why this anger? You can just ignore without response if you think my quest is silly.

Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1713 Posts
                          Posted: November 9, 2014, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Gary

There are 17259390 combinations but many more permutations.  It's true that it does not matter

which order / position the balls are drawn in but if it did then 5-75= 2,071,126,800 permutations.

Hate to play that game.

RL

RL, EXACTLY why it was a hard one to answer.

When I ran sums with and without the Megaball side by side, 14 sums of 15 kept coming up without the Megaball and one with.

So to check the programming, I asked it to print those 14 sums of 15. It said:

1 2 3 4 5

1 2 3 4 5

1 2 3 4 5

1 2 3 4 5

1 2 3 4 5, etc

Proved one thing to me. Don't write something on the fly thinking it will work without testing it. LMAO

Hats off to Jim. Guess he claims title of "King of This Thread."

G

Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1713 Posts
                            Posted: November 9, 2014, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I did ask a simple question, why this anger? You can just ignore without response if you think my quest is silly.

Anger? No puzzled.

I see no purpose in considering or explaining how a draw without replacement affects anything here. All jackpot games are draws without replacements.

I may have been pointed in showing it has been precluded by the rules of the game, but I thought it was silly to pose doing what can't be done under any condition.

It was just a straight up question asking, "What is the point of considering something that can't be done?"

My bad.

G