Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Someone just lost out on $130 million.

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 2 years ago by chris-chase.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: November 17, 2014, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

For a Powerball ticket. Deadline just past on Sunday. There is no way you can forget you have a winning ticket worth that much. They most likely lost it or it was stollen. I remember reading about that story from last year and the store said they knew who bought the winning ticket. I wonder if that was the highest amount that ever went unclaimed.

Deadline just past on Sunday.

You mean "Passed" ?

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2014, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't get any more pathetic and Ironic as this...lol

Those events happen quite often, and it's such a shame. Talk about being in the top 5 group of worst luck of ALL time. 

Now what are the odds of that happening?

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1129 Posts
      Posted: November 17, 2014, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

@ Scarychick- It was from a store in Brooklyn, NY and they released the name and address of the store. The deadline has already passed so it's obvious that the lotto office or the store didn't try to find the winner. And I'm sure the store would have cameras. 

@WesternRed- Thanks for the welcome but I've been reading this forum for a while. I just created a new account since I couldn't log into the old one.

The deadline has already passed so it's obvious that the lotto office or the store didn't try to find the winner.

Why would they when all the lotteries are suffering a major sales deficit due to the lack of big Powerball jackpots and hence big sales? Wink

Kidding of course, but would not surprise me if they secretly celebrated the deadline. The returned money will pad their bottom line. $73.3 million, yeah buddy!

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

noahwill's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
        Melbourne
        Australia
        Member #160219
        October 22, 2014
        42 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2014, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Wow! I would have claimed that in a second!!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4111 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2014, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Wow! I would have claimed that in a second!!

I would hope so Noahwill-you guys are 19 hours ahead of us anyway...

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4111 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2014, 1:15 am - IP Logged

Most likely something happend to the winner or the ticket for them not to claim it. Maybe the person died, got into an accident, developed amnesia, went to jail, or left the country etc... The possibilites are endless. Unless you're rich and play for fun and not claim any prizes then I don't think regular people would do the same.

" The possibilities are endless..well said SoleWinner21.

Awhile back Todd posted a article on this " German/ Dutch" person who ended up getting half of  a lottery jackpot despite being estranged from the other party  for years who had since remarried** l think.

Perhaps this could be one of those times where the " other" party decided to pass on this jackpot in order to spite the other.

Like you said " The possibilities........"

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
              Member #160355
              October 25, 2014
              101 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2014, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

You know the clown left the ticket in his jeans. His not so patient wife was itching to get the laundry done. That winning ticket went through the wash

then the dryer and probably ended up being a $130 Mil dollar piece of lint in the dudes belly button.