Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

There is only one lottery curse that exists.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 2 years ago by destinycreation.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2014, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Winners are not cursed in any way because they've won.

The curse of "Can't win" is real however.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4110 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2014, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

Huh?  Winners were at one point losers until they won. The curse factor does not apply if those folk & future lottery players became winners.

Your point is moot!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7322 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2014, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

The real curse is on the players who play the same jackpot game numbers for months or even years, but forget to play on the night those numbers are drawn. Don't know if was a curse, but there was a top 100 LP poster who played multi draw, didn't renew it, the numbers hit the very next drawing, and they blamed the clerk.

United States
        Member #106134
        February 13, 2011
        806 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2014, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Huh?  Winners were at one point losers until they won. The curse factor does not apply if those folk & future lottery players became winners.

Your point is moot!

But I am 100% certain that I'm cursed with "Can't win"

South Carolina
          United States
          Member #18322
          July 9, 2005
          1707 Posts
          Posted: November 23, 2014, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

If you BELIEVE this, you won't win !!! So, Get Over It !!! Stop Wasting your money on JP games, which you probably won't win !!!  Play the smaller games with Progressive Wagering, which you CAN win !!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: November 23, 2014, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

You obviously feel having an opportunity to buy a lottery ticket is a curse because you're lucky if you win.   There are people who feel the same about having a chance to get a good education and a good job because they have to study and be willing to work.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: November 23, 2014, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't use the word "curse". There are many bad events that you will probably never encounter which could leave you maimed, or dead. We take our uneventful lives for granted, not realizing how many bullets we dodge on a daily basis.

Only 2% of the world population are super rich, so don't think it's easy to attain. Good health is more important than all the gold in the world because If you're lying in the Intensive care unit with un-repairable bodily damage or no cure to some disease, no amount of wealth will help you. It may ease your pain with EXTRA TLC, "top of the line" care, but that's it. 

You could,

Get robbed

Get murdered

get raped

Lose your house (fire or high expense)

Hit by a bus

Car accident

Born in North korea

Food poisoning

Cancer

Mental breakdown/Depression

Live in the worst poverty

Live in mediocre poverty

The list can go on. You get the idea. Next time you prevent yourself from falling just when you're about to lose grip on a slippery floor, potentially hitting your head on a sharp object on the way down, think how you won a second tier prize in life extension, lol, another free pass, or a JP where the sharp object could split your head open.

Ask Dr Atkins' family. His death wasn't caused by too much protein and fat intake in his famous diet, but because he slipped on ice and hit his head on ice when he was leaving his house.

Always thank the day that you're six feet above ground. If the ground wasn't so dirty, I'd kiss it everyday. Green laugh

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                Happy California
                United States
                Member #157856
                August 2, 2014
                1522 Posts
                Posted: November 23, 2014, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Thank You onlymoney for reminding me how much I take for granted. Very few want to leave America and the line to get in is very long.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                  Member #142499
                  May 13, 2013
                  1186 Posts
                  Posted: November 24, 2014, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

I guess it's in the way you look at things. I think the fact that you have enough residual income to religiously throw money at a game where the odds of winning are over 100 million to 1 is a blessing. Consider that the amount of money you use to play is more than millions of people make in a day around the world. Even in this country, following the recession, many people were counting pennies to put gas in their cars, many still are. It's a blessing to have $2, $3, $5 or even $10 per week to play a game "for entertainment purposes only".

Every time you have money to buy a ticket, you are blessed.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                    TX
                    United States
                    Member #121193
                    January 4, 2012
                    1637 Posts
                    Posted: November 25, 2014, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't use the word "curse". There are many bad events that you will probably never encounter which could leave you maimed, or dead. We take our uneventful lives for granted, not realizing how many bullets we dodge on a daily basis.

Only 2% of the world population are super rich, so don't think it's easy to attain. Good health is more important than all the gold in the world because If you're lying in the Intensive care unit with un-repairable bodily damage or no cure to some disease, no amount of wealth will help you. It may ease your pain with EXTRA TLC, "top of the line" care, but that's it. 

You could,

Get robbed

Get murdered

get raped

Lose your house (fire or high expense)

Hit by a bus

Car accident

Born in North korea

Food poisoning

Cancer

Mental breakdown/Depression

Live in the worst poverty

Live in mediocre poverty

The list can go on. You get the idea. Next time you prevent yourself from falling just when you're about to lose grip on a slippery floor, potentially hitting your head on a sharp object on the way down, think how you won a second tier prize in life extension, lol, another free pass, or a JP where the sharp object could split your head open.

Ask Dr Atkins' family. His death wasn't caused by too much protein and fat intake in his famous diet, but because he slipped on ice and hit his head on ice when he was leaving his house.

Always thank the day that you're six feet above ground. If the ground wasn't so dirty, I'd kiss it everyday. Green laugh

OR you could just get married

ROFL

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10354 Posts
                      Posted: November 25, 2014, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

OR you could just get married

ROFL

Scared

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3157 Posts
                        Posted: November 26, 2014, 1:21 am - IP Logged

I was doing ok before but I've been suffering from the curse the last two years. I think my Haitian friend did some kind of voodoo on me.         

noahwill's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                          Melbourne
                          Australia
                          Member #160219
                          October 22, 2014
                          42 Posts
                          Posted: November 26, 2014, 4:02 am - IP Logged

I don't believe in a curse. Just need to stay positive because anything could happen in life...

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                            Member #52345
                            May 21, 2007
                            2659 Posts
                            Posted: November 26, 2014, 6:31 am - IP Logged

I was doing ok before but I've been suffering from the curse the last two years. I think my Haitian friend did some kind of voodoo on me.         

No Pity!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #74096
                              May 2, 2009
                              22971 Posts
                              Posted: November 26, 2014, 9:30 am - IP Logged

These so called curse stories are attached to people who decided to spend their money foolishly or indulge in lifestyles

they never could have if they hadn't had so much money. Poor choices and a bent perception of what being rich should

and can be is their problem and curse. Lots of money shouldn't mean you go out and try everything, buy everything and

be everything. I think there are lots of people not inflicted with the 'curse'. We hear of riches gone bad because it's satisfying

for some people to know that for as much as they hate those who have what they don't, they lose it in a hurry or have very

bad things happen to them so they can feel good inside again about being where they are in life. Envy and greed are bad

things that make people want bad things for others, it's sad actually. I'd rather be instantly rich, lose it and be right back

to where I started than be one of those who harbor resentment and spite for people who win. That's a curse that keeps

on giving and extends to other areas in life too.

Don't feel cursed for not winning. We'd all like to be set for life but it just can't happen to all of us. Like onlymoney said

there are things that money can't buy. You could win today and be dead tomorrow...you could lose today and be dead

tomorrow too. There are a lot of people in the same boat, the loser boat. At least if I'm paddling away in the loser

boat, I've got a lot of company. I don't have to worry about who is waiting on the losers boat to sink, they're all watching

the winners boat. Being normal isn't a curse unless you let it be one. You might want it back once you achieve abnormal.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557