Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery syndicates online

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 2 years ago by LottoMetro.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noahwill's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
Melbourne
Australia
Member #160219
October 22, 2014
42 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2014, 12:58 am - IP Logged

There's another thing I'm not so sure about...I don't quite get what the difference is between lines and shares?

JeetKuneDoLotto's avatar - mystic

United States
    Member #161367
    November 27, 2014
    60 Posts
    Posted: December 4, 2014, 9:23 am - IP Logged

There's another thing I'm not so sure about...I don't quite get what the difference is between lines and shares?

From what has been posted about el gordo in the new forums,  perhaps a share is a portion of line.

So for instance if you have a syndicate of 20 people and

There are ten lines.

So there for each line is "shared" by two people.

If the jackpot is say ten thousand dollars and your "line" wins, then you only get $5000 dollars.

Just speculating.

There is another website that is competing with this website that offers the abilility to create your own pool. 

However that website is censored here.

Because of styles, people are separated.  They are not united together because styles became law.  But the original founder of the style started out with hypothesis - but now it has become the gospel truth.  Like boxing or fencing JKDL is a step by step project in which each maneuver must be repeated many times.  Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water.  Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.  Put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow, or surge or drip or crash.  Be water my friend. 

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
      Member #153629
      March 20, 2014
      138 Posts
      Posted: December 4, 2014, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

It's not that hard to understand line and shares.

The syndicate in my first example bought 126 lines, they sell this euromillions syndicate in 126 shares so 1 share equal one line. If we would have won the 63m euro jackpot I would have won 1/126 of the jackpot = 500.000 euro.

On other sites, like one austrailian site I also play on, they buy lets say 10 lotto systems and sell this in 20 shares. The total winnings in this syndicate is shared in 20.

Return of Investment, ROI 2014 20% | ROI 2015 20% | ROI 2016 12,6%

Baton Rouge, LA
        United States
        Member #4602
        May 7, 2004
        700 Posts
        Posted: December 4, 2014, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

What is a lottery syndicate, and how does it work ????

Sometimes it's call a lottery pool or a lottery club. Basically, a group puts in money to buy multiple lottery tickets and if they win, they share the prize. I'm not sure I'd play an online syndicate and I wonder if they are even legal. I know it's not legal to buy lottery tickets through the mail whether domestic or foreign.

I run a lottery pool at my office with a total of 11 people in it. We each put in $4 every payday and buy a mix of Powerball, MegaMillions, and Lotto tickets. If we win lower tier prizes, I roll those back into the pool for extra tickets or I take a vote and ask the members what they want to do with the money. If I win enough to give a free pool that week, I'll ask the members if that's what they want to do. Sometimes the Lottery hold a Millionaire Raffle and if we have enough for a ticket, I'll poll the members and see if they want to buy one.

We haven't won a jackpot yet but if we do, it will be split evenly amongst the members.

Hope this answers your question.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

United Kingdom
          Member #160581
          November 2, 2014
          17 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2014, 7:00 am - IP Logged

On the subject of being legal, the US justice department made it official in 2011 that it’s legal to sell lottery tickets online. 

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
            Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1130 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2014, 7:58 am - IP Logged

On the subject of being legal, the US justice department made it official in 2011 that it’s legal to sell lottery tickets online. 

They loosened their interpretation of the Federal Wire Act but they have not officially come out and said "this is legal." Basically they just sent a memo stating what is expressly prohibited, and everyone accepts it as law.

Even if it is/was legal, it is still illegal for third-parties to sell lottery tickets by mail or online in the U.S.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
            P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1