Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you had a consistent winning system..

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 2 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tj47's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

United States
Member #110282
April 29, 2011
34 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2014, 1:12 am - IP Logged

I've always wondered about this. Lets say you had a pick 3 system that generated 3 to 4 straight hits per week.

Would this raise flags with lottery head quarters. I've heard that each retailer is tracked daily for the amount of winning tickets being sold.

So if you had such a system do you think it would be wise to jump around to different retailers to buy tickets, and cash in winning tickets, or would it be safe to use the same retailer/store all the time.

I can just imagine store clerks seeing someone come in 3 to 4 times a week to cash in winning tickets. 

Has anyone here ever ran into any problems from using the same store all the time? What's all of your opinions on this. Thanks everyone.

Warren, MI
    United States
    Member #160169
    October 20, 2014
    59 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2014, 2:57 am - IP Logged

I've always wondered about this. Lets say you had a pick 3 system that generated 3 to 4 straight hits per week.

Would this raise flags with lottery head quarters. I've heard that each retailer is tracked daily for the amount of winning tickets being sold.

So if you had such a system do you think it would be wise to jump around to different retailers to buy tickets, and cash in winning tickets, or would it be safe to use the same retailer/store all the time.

I can just imagine store clerks seeing someone come in 3 to 4 times a week to cash in winning tickets. 

Has anyone here ever ran into any problems from using the same store all the time? What's all of your opinions on this. Thanks everyone.

I wonder if you are tracked if you play online and win (I don't think so but I'm not sure yet because I haven't played online), at least that's where the bigger winnings are to be made ($900 opposed to $500 for straight) . In this case I think you would be safer to play online if you had a good system that hit well every week.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7313 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2014, 3:40 am - IP Logged

I had problems with clerks in a couple of stores, but it wasn't because I was hitting the pick-3 three or four times a week. I'm assuming the question is hypothetical or you're talking about playing lots of lines, but if it's the latter, the clerks would know how much you spent and no questions asked.

United States
        Member #110282
        April 29, 2011
        34 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2014, 4:02 am - IP Logged

I had problems with clerks in a couple of stores, but it wasn't because I was hitting the pick-3 three or four times a week. I'm assuming the question is hypothetical or you're talking about playing lots of lines, but if it's the latter, the clerks would know how much you spent and no questions asked.

Thanks Stack47. No not many lines. I just wonder if a person could hit 3 to 4 straight hits a week consistently and cashed in the winning tickets at the same store all the time if the lottery would do a investigation on that store for having sold many straight hit tickets.

And if a person could hit 3 to 4 straight hits every week without fail the store clerks would probably start to wonder how it was being done.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2014, 4:13 am - IP Logged

i have a system that  wins, but it always wins 1/5 of the  price to enter it

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
            Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            1701 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2014, 4:30 am - IP Logged

Thanks Stack47. No not many lines. I just wonder if a person could hit 3 to 4 straight hits a week consistently and cashed in the winning tickets at the same store all the time if the lottery would do a investigation on that store for having sold many straight hit tickets.

And if a person could hit 3 to 4 straight hits every week without fail the store clerks would probably start to wonder how it was being done.

I was in a small Krogers' the other day and noticed they had paid out $1900 'last week' in lottery winnings. That's going to fluctuate week to week and I don't know if that is a good, bad or average week for that store. 

The small convenience store not far from here pays out $800 to $1200 a week by what flashes across their screen. (I've seen it as low as $137.)

Judging by that, if a small retailer increased their sales by $30 - $50 a week and began to pay out twice what they had been paying in the past, it might raise some eyebrows.

For example, if this little convenience store paying out $800, suddenly started paying out $1800 to $2400 somebody might red flag it to determine if the increase is due to scratch offs or terminal sales.  Or possibly put a six month watch on it to see if the increase is temporary.

But that wouldn't make the same difference for a high traffic/high volume retailer who pays out $3000 to $5000 a week.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
              Member #110282
              April 29, 2011
              34 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2014, 4:41 am - IP Logged

I was in a small Krogers' the other day and noticed they had paid out $1900 'last week' in lottery winnings. That's going to fluctuate week to week and I don't know if that is a good, bad or average week for that store. 

The small convenience store not far from here pays out $800 to $1200 a week by what flashes across their screen. (I've seen it as low as $137.)

Judging by that, if a small retailer increased their sales by $30 - $50 a week and began to pay out twice what they had been paying in the past, it might raise some eyebrows.

For example, if this little convenience store paying out $800, suddenly started paying out $1800 to $2400 somebody might red flag it to determine if the increase is due to scratch offs or terminal sales.  Or possibly put a six month watch on it to see if the increase is temporary.

But that wouldn't make the same difference for a high traffic/high volume retailer who pays out $3000 to $5000 a week.

G

Thanks garyo1954. If a person could hit 3 to 4 straight hits every week year round. I wonder if the lottery would allow it. I don't think there's much they could do but man i know they wouldn't like it.

backwoods ga
                United States
                Member #155844
                May 31, 2014
                1890 Posts
                Posted: December 8, 2014, 7:41 am - IP Logged

4 straights out of 14 draws a week is small change. 

Don't worry. No one is watching you.   

have you not noticed . Payouts range from $100, 000 to $1.5 million a draw

Your $500 is nothing extra. 

There are far greater losers to pay winners..

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: December 8, 2014, 9:50 am - IP Logged

I'd imagine that If the person was smart enough to hit 3 or 4 times a week str8, he/she would be smart enough not to redeem the tickets at the same store every week.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                    Winning makes me smile.
                    bel air maryland
                    United States
                    Member #90251
                    April 24, 2010
                    4874 Posts
                    Posted: December 8, 2014, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

I'd imagine that If the person was smart enough to hit 3 or 4 times a week str8, he/she would be smart enough not to redeem the tickets at the same store every week.

Another thing to consider might be the time you cash your tickets and how crowded the store is. If you were to win a $2 or

$3 straight or more, I would be a bit leery about having the clerk count out that much money on the counter in front of

people. In that case, asking the clerk if we could that in private, should not be a problem. At least it shouldn't if it is a store 

that you frequent regularly.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
                      Member #110282
                      April 29, 2011
                      34 Posts
                      Posted: December 8, 2014, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for the replies. My main question here was is I just wonder how long a person could get away with hitting 3 to 4 straight hits per week, and using the same store to buy and redeem the tickets over and over again. How long do you think it could go on before the lottery would put a stop to it or do you think they could even do anything about it?

Winning makes me smile.
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90251
                        April 24, 2010
                        4874 Posts
                        Posted: December 8, 2014, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for the replies. My main question here was is I just wonder how long a person could get away with hitting 3 to 4 straight hits per week, and using the same store to buy and redeem the tickets over and over again. How long do you think it could go on before the lottery would put a stop to it or do you think they could even do anything about it?

tj47, 

You play to win the game, right?  At least I do...  If you're hitting straight 3 or 4 times a week the only way they would know it was you, would be if they were to look at the store's video tape. Assuming there was one. The clerks and store owners would know that you are "very lucky," but so what? They get a percentage of sales and winning tickets so they would  be happy for you. And if they get a reputation as a lucky store, it will be good for their business.

Now, if you start getting knocks on your door in the middle of the night from lottery officials, then it's time to move or play somewhere else that does enough lottery business where your winnings won't be noticed. But until then, I wouldn't worry about it.

Good  Luck!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

United States
                          Member #110282
                          April 29, 2011
                          34 Posts
                          Posted: December 8, 2014, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

tj47, 

You play to win the game, right?  At least I do...  If you're hitting straight 3 or 4 times a week the only way they would know it was you, would be if they were to look at the store's video tape. Assuming there was one. The clerks and store owners would know that you are "very lucky," but so what? They get a percentage of sales and winning tickets so they would  be happy for you. And if they get a reputation as a lucky store, it will be good for their business.

Now, if you start getting knocks on your door in the middle of the night from lottery officials, then it's time to move or play somewhere else that does enough lottery business where your winnings won't be noticed. But until then, I wouldn't worry about it.

Good  Luck!!!

Thanks a lot for answering my question grwurston. I appreciate that. The only sucky part about straight hits is that often times they go over the threshold of $599 then we have to mail them in to redeem them. I wish the threshold was $1,000 instead of $599 wishful thinking I know but it sure would be nice. The snail mail process sucks.

Winning makes me smile.
                            bel air maryland
                            United States
                            Member #90251
                            April 24, 2010
                            4874 Posts
                            Posted: December 8, 2014, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Thanks a lot for answering my question grwurston. I appreciate that. The only sucky part about straight hits is that often times they go over the threshold of $599 then we have to mail them in to redeem them. I wish the threshold was $1,000 instead of $599 wishful thinking I know but it sure would be nice. The snail mail process sucks.

I guess you live in a paramutuel state if they sometimes go over 599. Why don't you just play two 50c straights instead of a $1? Then you'll stay under the threshold.

United States
                              Member #110282
                              April 29, 2011
                              34 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2014, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

I guess you live in a paramutuel state if they sometimes go over 599. Why don't you just play two 50c straights instead of a $1? Then you'll stay under the threshold.

That's Ca for ya. They stick it to you coming and going. No 50c bets here. All they have is to play box and straight together but the payoff is 50% of the normal payoff amount, and the ticket still costs $1