Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you post a Major Win here on the Forum?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 2 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
Happy California
United States
Member #157856
August 2, 2014
1513 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2014, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

I would. I will still be anonymous. I do not have a scanner so I might mail a copy of the ticket to Todd to prove my win and he could post it for me. Any other ideas ?

I will be taking the annuity option. I have my reasons. Do you want to read them ? Good Luck !!Party

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2014, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

What would be the point?  You certainly don't have any plans to share it with a bunch of people you don't know or know you, so why should they know?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1513 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2014, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Like it says in the Bible,"Family first".  I will be telling certain family members who can keep the secret.

I do enjoy reading your posts RJOH  .  thank you !

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        WA
        United States
        Member #122238
        January 27, 2012
        180 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2014, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

wow annuity option, must be a big one too. Congrats by the way! Well to proof, you just need a picture of the ticket that is easily identifiable. But really, just keep it to yourself and enjoy the winnings. There's no need to show off 'cause it doesn't do you any good...and neither will the others. Most you'll get is a congrats!

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

California
          United States
          Member #141204
          April 7, 2013
          280 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2014, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

I would. I will still be anonymous. I do not have a scanner so I might mail a copy of the ticket to Todd to prove my win and he could post it for me. Any other ideas ?

I will be taking the annuity option. I have my reasons. Do you want to read them ? Good Luck !!Party

if you win the lottery in California, there is no option for you to be anonymous. The name of the jackpot winner is public information as far as the California lottery is concerned.

here is the winner's handbook: http://static.sc-www.calottery.com/~/media/Publications/Popular_Downloads/winnershandbook_english9-13_sjk_02.pdf

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10350 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2014, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

PriceRene,

I think by saying he'd still be anonymous music* means anonymous here on the board by virtue of a username.

music*,

No I wouldn't post it here or anywhere else.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
              Texas Panhandle
              United States
              Member #136843
              December 20, 2012
              1275 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2014, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

I think I probably would, but maybe not with a big announcement.  I'd definitely P.M. Todd to let him know and maybe he could post a teaser that an LP member had won.   Everyone's going to find out my real name anyway and I wouldn't mind my nickname tied to my name.   I imagine I'd be way too busy to participate much in here for a while.

If I won enough money, I'd probably sponsor a contest w/ prizes from the LP store, just as a way of thanking Todd and giving back to the folks in this forum.  (well, some of 'em, anyway)

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
               - George Orwell

Happy California
                United States
                Member #157856
                August 2, 2014
                1513 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2014, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

PrinceRene, I am here in sunny Fresno,Ca and I do read the winnershandbook.  So, thanks. I was thinking about coming online here at LP before my name was made public. Good Luck !Wink

Happy California
                  United States
                  Member #157856
                  August 2, 2014
                  1513 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2014, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

thank you Coin Toss for your suggestion to remain private as long as possible here in California.Big Smile

Happy California
                    United States
                    Member #157856
                    August 2, 2014
                    1513 Posts
                    Posted: December 18, 2014, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

p4wanbi, I was thinking that I would do a daily or weekly update on my experience as a lottery winner. I have not won yet so save your congrats for a winner.  I do know that I should not flash my cash to anyone else. Easy money has a strong appeal. No Pity!

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                      WA
                      United States
                      Member #122238
                      January 27, 2012
                      180 Posts
                      Posted: December 18, 2014, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

oh lawd, you talk like you have hit it already haha.

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                        Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4106 Posts
                        Posted: December 18, 2014, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

p4wanbi, I was thinking that I would do a daily or weekly update on my experience as a lottery winner. I have not won yet so save your congrats for a winner.  I do know that I should not flash my cash to anyone else. Easy money has a strong appeal. No Pity!

..Daily  or weekly update experience as a lottery winner?  Oh the Horror!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

California
                          United States
                          Member #141204
                          April 7, 2013
                          280 Posts
                          Posted: December 18, 2014, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

PriceRene,

I think by saying he'd still be anonymous music* means anonymous here on the board by virtue of a username.

music*,

No I wouldn't post it here or anywhere else.

if he did win, the CA lottery would release the name of the winner and the name of the city where the ticket was bought. So the press release would be something like, John Smith won and he bought the ticket in Fresno, CA.

If Todd said that an LPer had won, we would know it was  music* because he's the only LPer from Fresno, CA.

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: December 18, 2014, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Would you post a Major Win here on the Forum?

No, but not because of choice. The odds of winning is so remote, any further investigation of "what-ifs"... and .."what would I do?" would not be warranted.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                              Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4106 Posts
                              Posted: December 19, 2014, 1:47 am - IP Logged

if he did win, the CA lottery would release the name of the winner and the name of the city where the ticket was bought. So the press release would be something like, John Smith won and he bought the ticket in Fresno, CA.

If Todd said that an LPer had won, we would know it was  music* because he's the only LPer from Fresno, CA.

.. That is why in California it pays to buy your ticket/tickets in a store a few cities away from your own. Lets say your name is John Smith who lives in Walnut Creek, if you bought your ticket in " Walnut Creek" and won..99.9% of folks who know you would it up and say " Dude we know its You; stop denying it". If the winning ticket was bought in Dublin or Pleasanton- all bets are Off..

Unless you one of these folk..

They ALL  Mr Singh's..meaning: Buy your ticket anywhere!!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.