Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you post a Major Win here on the Forum?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 2 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19824 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2014, 3:06 am - IP Logged

.. That is why in California it pays to buy your ticket/tickets in a store a few cities away from your own. Lets say your name is John Smith who lives in Walnut Creek, if you bought your ticket in " Walnut Creek" and won..99.9% of folks who know you would it up and say " Dude we know its You; stop denying it". If the winning ticket was bought in Dublin or Pleasanton- all bets are Off..

Unless you one of these folk..

They ALL  Mr Singh's..meaning: Buy your ticket anywhere!!

You might want to check if the city has a city tax.  In Ohio many of the cities consider lottery prizes as wages earned in their cities and tax them accordingly.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
    Happy California
    United States
    Member #157856
    August 2, 2014
    1511 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2014, 6:54 am - IP Logged

HI onlymoney,  If I won then I could hold up a couple of signs at the public interview such as "music*" and "Lottery Post" and "USAMega".  Everyone of us has different "what would I do" ideas. Maybe a winning LP member will employ ideas talked about here on this forum.  Good Luck to you with tonight's Mega Millions draw.

Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1511 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2014, 7:03 am - IP Logged

Cheers  noise=gate,  Each winner has their own unique experiences .  "Oh the Horror" LOL chuckle.

Thank You for being a creative discussion poster noise-gate. Party

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40376 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2014, 7:24 am - IP Logged

No, I would keep it private.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Happy California
          United States
          Member #157856
          August 2, 2014
          1511 Posts
          Posted: December 19, 2014, 8:03 am - IP Logged

sully16, Here in California only special cases are allowed to be anonymous i.e. police officers, battered spouses who are in a protective environment, ...

Michigan huh, Donald Larson comes to mind. How is that lottery winner doing ? Is he staying out of the news ? Maybe he should have kept it private.

Have a great and winning weekend !!Party

NYC
            United States
            Member #161115
            November 17, 2014
            126 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2014, 10:25 am - IP Logged

There were some CA winners who opted out of getting their  picture taken or doing an interview for the press. So I guess they allow that even though your name and other info is still release. People still won't know who you are since they never seen your picture and the are millions of people with the same name as you. And yo can still change your name after you've won.

I certainly wouldn't have a problem announcing it on this forum if  I won. I live in a state where you can't hide your name so people will find out anyway. And I would even make a contribution to this site since it has been a lot of help.

Happy California
              United States
              Member #157856
              August 2, 2014
              1511 Posts
              Posted: December 19, 2014, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Cool Yes, I agree that a contribution to this site when I win a large amount.  I do not think that I would change my name. You are correct about some recent CA winners who hid there faces and did not do interviews.Star

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                Member #141034
                April 2, 2013
                1408 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2014, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

I don't have the need, the urge or the propensity to brag.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                  Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4105 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2014, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

Cheers  noise=gate,  Each winner has their own unique experiences .  "Oh the Horror" LOL chuckle.

Thank You for being a creative discussion poster noise-gate. Party

Music- my first thought on your " daily or weekly " update looked like this to me..

Music: Hi guys & gals l know its Tuesday and l should have dialed in yesterday but l got out of bed at 10.30am instead of 7.30am.. But like  being a millionaire who cares ..right?- anyways l could not find my one slipper, bet my pooch got hold of it.. So what was a millionaire to do? I decided to drive my new Lexus down to Nordstroms and pick up another pair that was on sale..just a cool $120.40, thing is when the clerk asked me if l had any loose change, all l had on me we're hundred dollar bills

Anyways- l will tune in tomorrow with the " continuing saga of your LP Fresno Millionaire.

" Oh the Horror"....indeed.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Happy California
                    United States
                    Member #157856
                    August 2, 2014
                    1511 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2014, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate, I am in a good mood and your post makes me chuckle. White Bounce

with help from family I will now reconsider my thirty year plan. My health could be better and that is my main factor for deciding to go with the Lump Sum.  The only real barrier is... Winning the Lottery.   Good Luck to all LP members for tonight's Mega Millions draw.  When I take the Lump Sum I figure my ticket will be worth about fifty million after all deductions and taxes.

Thank You everyone who added to this conversation. I could go on and add more but that can wait.

NYC
                      United States
                      Member #161115
                      November 17, 2014
                      126 Posts
                      Posted: December 19, 2014, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I would. I will still be anonymous. I do not have a scanner so I might mail a copy of the ticket to Todd to prove my win and he could post it for me. Any other ideas ?

I will be taking the annuity option. I have my reasons. Do you want to read them ? Good Luck !!Party

One more thing.  I would cash in any winning ticket before sending a copy to anyone or posting it online since it has the barcode and security numbers at the bottom. Someone can easily make a copy of it and try to claim the prize.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3157 Posts
                        Posted: December 20, 2014, 1:07 am - IP Logged

I would make a new name before posting anything over a mill.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                          Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #104962
                          January 23, 2011
                          1075 Posts
                          Posted: December 20, 2014, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Nope, I have people here that will harass me for a(n) differing point of view.

Trump 2016!

aux8b's avatar - home

United States
                            Member #57793
                            January 19, 2008
                            2324 Posts
                            Posted: December 20, 2014, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Big Grin Tell no one. Check Please.........Cool

Happy California
                              United States
                              Member #157856
                              August 2, 2014
                              1511 Posts
                              Posted: December 20, 2014, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Thank You SoleWinner21,  I will write in my to do list, "Cash in ticket before sending a copy to anyone or posting it online".

My health and age are the big factors in deciding to take the Lump Sum.

Good Luck to all LP members for tonight's Power Ball !! $90 million !Party