Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which Lottery to play in NY?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Pick3Guy.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #103217
December 31, 2010
96 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2014, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Hey Guys, 

In order to gain financial freedom and with certain goals in mind, I am willing to take some risk and give my luck a try. It will be sort of like a pocket money set aside keeping in view this larger objective. With that said, I would like to ask the fine folks which lottery gives you best bang for the buck? 

In NY they used to have sweet million but it's no longer available. Would you recommend to play regular draw lotto or scratch lotteries?  I don't know which one has better odds. Also the problem with scratch lottery is, you don't know when the top prizes are gone. Do you have better luck with high dollar lotteries such as $20, $30?? Please share your thoughts.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4109 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2014, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Hey Guys, 

In order to gain financial freedom and with certain goals in mind, I am willing to take some risk and give my luck a try. It will be sort of like a pocket money set aside keeping in view this larger objective. With that said, I would like to ask the fine folks which lottery gives you best bang for the buck? 

In NY they used to have sweet million but it's no longer available. Would you recommend to play regular draw lotto or scratch lotteries?  I don't know which one has better odds. Also the problem with scratch lottery is, you don't know when the top prizes are gone. Do you have better luck with high dollar lotteries such as $20, $30?? Please share your thoughts.

You a Big Boy or Girl jaggudada- we know you can think that one out for yourself...

Kinda reminds me of this..

Hmmmm- We'll both have the lamb,rare with a very little bit of mint sauce hey!- You like lamb don't you Sweet pea?

" You gonna cut her meat for her there too Cal?"

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2014, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Hey Guys, 

When top prizes are claimed, most state lotteries update their website to reflect on those changes. I'm sure NY Lottery updates that info on a regular basis.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
        Member #155994
        June 5, 2014
        497 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2014, 3:11 am - IP Logged

Hey Guys, 

Well, playing any lottery ,in any way, is very unlikely to lead to financial freedom.

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
          Member #146028
          August 22, 2013
          842 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2014, 5:44 am - IP Logged

Well, playing any lottery ,in any way, is very unlikely to lead to financial freedom.

NOT SO FAST ! Have you ever considered concentrating your efforts on winning a JACKPOT ?

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

United States
            Member #155994
            June 5, 2014
            497 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2014, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

NOT SO FAST ! Have you ever considered concentrating your efforts on winning a JACKPOT ?

Well, again, it's very unlikely to hit a major jackpot. Now, I've hit big with smaller games, but not enough to claim financial freedom.

South Carolina
              United States
              Member #18322
              July 9, 2005
              1707 Posts
              Posted: December 29, 2014, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Well, again, it's very unlikely to hit a major jackpot. Now, I've hit big with smaller games, but not enough to claim financial freedom.

You want Financial Freedom ??!! - Master Pick 4 !!!

Pick 4 is the small scale "Jackpot Game", that can be Magnified to Significant Cash $$$ Winnings, by strategic wagering.

United States
                Member #146028
                August 22, 2013
                842 Posts
                Posted: December 29, 2014, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

UNLIKELY.......YES !  IMPOSSIBLE.......NO ! 

I remain committed to developing a strategy to solve all of my financial woes in one fell swoope. I only have to be right with the numbers one (1) time and it's all over....... except for the shouting !.

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

United States
                  Member #155994
                  June 5, 2014
                  497 Posts
                  Posted: December 29, 2014, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

You want Financial Freedom ??!! - Master Pick 4 !!!

Pick 4 is the small scale "Jackpot Game", that can be Magnified to Significant Cash $$$ Winnings, by strategic wagering.

Well, I believe in keeping it as simple as possible. So, that means sticking with the Pick 3. But, why would you think it's any easier with the Pick 4?

United States
                    Member #155994
                    June 5, 2014
                    497 Posts
                    Posted: December 29, 2014, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

UNLIKELY.......YES !  IMPOSSIBLE.......NO ! 

I remain committed to developing a strategy to solve all of my financial woes in one fell swoope. I only have to be right with the numbers one (1) time and it's all over....... except for the shouting !.

Well, it's true that you'd only have to be right with the numbers one time. But, that one time you play would ,very likely, put you at a big loss. Then, you'd have to scramble to try and recoup your money. So, it would still end up coming down to ,mostly, luck and not so much strategy.

Anyway, playing the lottery to achieve financial freedom is almost a fools endeavor. Although, you can use some strategy to make a little extra cash and supplement your regular income. Other than that, it's really a matter of being lucky.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                      Happy California
                      United States
                      Member #157856
                      August 2, 2014
                      1522 Posts
                      Posted: December 29, 2014, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

jaggudada, the draw games are usually won by quick picks like Mega Millions and Power Ball.  Play self pick in these two games just in case you are a very lucky player.

Have you noticed that frequent posts here deal with Lump Sum v.s. 30year annuity ?

Good Luck !  Lurking

NY
                        United States
                        Member #103217
                        December 31, 2010
                        96 Posts
                        Posted: December 29, 2014, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

When top prizes are claimed, most state lotteries update their website to reflect on those changes. I'm sure NY Lottery updates that info on a regular basis.

Their spreadsheet shows number of top 2 unclaimed prizes but that doesn't tell me how many they started with when the lottery was rolled out for the first time. Not sure if this makes a difference. don't you want to take a shot when all top prizes are in the kitty to maximize your chances?

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                          Massachusetts
                          United States
                          Member #37433
                          April 14, 2006
                          2747 Posts
                          Posted: December 29, 2014, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Their spreadsheet shows number of top 2 unclaimed prizes but that doesn't tell me how many they started with when the lottery was rolled out for the first time. Not sure if this makes a difference. don't you want to take a shot when all top prizes are in the kitty to maximize your chances?

I understand what you're saying. I think my strategy is a little different from yours. I like playing the cards when a few top prizes have been claimed because a lot of losers will have been sold too. I like to catch the cards midway in their life cycle.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                            Member #146028
                            August 22, 2013
                            842 Posts
                            Posted: December 29, 2014, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

Well, it's true that you'd only have to be right with the numbers one time. But, that one time you play would ,very likely, put you at a big loss. Then, you'd have to scramble to try and recoup your money. So, it would still end up coming down to ,mostly, luck and not so much strategy.

Anyway, playing the lottery to achieve financial freedom is almost a fools endeavor. Although, you can use some strategy to make a little extra cash and supplement your regular income. Other than that, it's really a matter of being lucky.

For those who understand no explanation is necessary ! For those who do not understand no explanation is possible. I pity the FOOL !

United States
                              Member #155994
                              June 5, 2014
                              497 Posts
                              Posted: December 29, 2014, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

For those who understand no explanation is necessary ! For those who do not understand no explanation is possible. I pity the FOOL !

So, in other words, you can't dispute the fact that it ,mainly, comes down to relying on luck LOL