Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which Lottery to play in NY?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Pick3Guy.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #103217
December 31, 2010
96 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2014, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Anyway, playing the lottery to achieve financial freedom is almost a fools endeavor.

If you read my entire post I said I want to try my luck; that doesn't mean my life(financial freedom) defends upon winning lottery. And if you win a lottery that won't make you financially free is a news to me. as they say, Stupidity has no limits.

United States
    Member #155994
    June 5, 2014
    497 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2014, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Anyway, playing the lottery to achieve financial freedom is almost a fools endeavor.

If you read my entire post I said I want to try my luck; that doesn't mean my life(financial freedom) defends upon winning lottery. And if you win a lottery that won't make you financially free is a news to me. as they say, Stupidity has no limits.

"Stupidity has no limits." - Well, you can speak for yourself with that. Btw, my statement was in response to someone other than yourself.

"In order to gain financial freedom and with certain goals in mind, I am willing to take some risk and give my luck a try." - Sure sounds like you're trying to achieve financial freedom with the lottery. But, whether ,or not, your life "defends" on it is another story.

Bondi Junction
      Australia
      Member #57242
      December 24, 2007
      1102 Posts
      Posted: December 30, 2014, 5:09 am - IP Logged

Hey Guys, 

In order to gain financial freedom and with certain goals in mind, I am willing to take some risk and give my luck a try. It will be sort of like a pocket money set aside keeping in view this larger objective. With that said, I would like to ask the fine folks which lottery gives you best bang for the buck? 

In NY they used to have sweet million but it's no longer available. Would you recommend to play regular draw lotto or scratch lotteries?  I don't know which one has better odds. Also the problem with scratch lottery is, you don't know when the top prizes are gone. Do you have better luck with high dollar lotteries such as $20, $30?? Please share your thoughts.

I play Lotto and Mega Millions in MY.

I like the website, I can see my winnings, very small so far, which are credited to subscription account.

You can also use credits when renewing your subscription.

You can purchase and renew subscriptions online, in MY state.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
        Member #146028
        August 22, 2013
        842 Posts
        Posted: December 30, 2014, 7:16 am - IP Logged

So, in other words, you can't dispute the fact that it ,mainly, comes down to relying on luck LOL

STAY TOONED !

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

Marilyn222's avatar - thumb 350-286546.jpg
          Denver
          United States
          Member #117684
          October 12, 2011
          552 Posts
          Posted: December 30, 2014, 8:23 am - IP Logged

If I knew, I'd tell ya. But then again, I'd like to hit the JP alone...lolWink

White Bounce

New York
            United States
            Member #157288
            July 14, 2014
            170 Posts
            Posted: December 30, 2014, 11:42 am - IP Logged

If you're playing in NY and are looking for accurate information regarding winnings to help you in deciding which games to play, I'd suggest sticking to games that multiple States participate in such as Mega Millions, Powerball, Cash for Life etc. The NY State Lottery has gotten shadier and shadier with their info regarding scratch off games over the past year. Removal of the Winners Atlas so you don't know what areas winners are in and can't see updated winning stores. Infrequent update of the Winners Stories and delays in the update of the Instant Game Report sections can have players purchasing games with few remaining; and in some cases no remaining jackpots.

United States
              Member #155994
              June 5, 2014
              497 Posts
              Posted: December 30, 2014, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

STAY TOONED !

STAY TOONED No No

STAY TUNED! Yes Nod

NY
                United States
                Member #103217
                December 31, 2010
                96 Posts
                Posted: December 30, 2014, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Sure sounds like you're trying to achieve financial freedom with the lottery

Let me clarify few points for you and then leave it. 

1. It is foolish to think winning lottery will not provide one financial freedom. 
                2. Also foolish to think that winning lottery is as easy as flushing the toilet.  Therefore, it is obvious that you can not have your life depend on winning lottery. 

United States
                  Member #155994
                  June 5, 2014
                  497 Posts
                  Posted: December 30, 2014, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Sure sounds like you're trying to achieve financial freedom with the lottery

Let me clarify few points for you and then leave it. 

1. It is foolish to think winning lottery will not provide one financial freedom. 
                  2. Also foolish to think that winning lottery is as easy as flushing the toilet.  Therefore, it is obvious that you can not have your life depend on winning lottery. 

Let me clarify for you.

1) As I've said, playing the lottery ,in any way, is very unlikely to lead to financial freedom. But, this is NOT to say it can't happen. So, get it straight!!

2) I've NEVER stated that winning the lottery is easy.

Anyway, it's pretty clear that you're looking to achieve financial freedom with the lottery and that your life depends on it. But, you shouldn't be ashamed to admit this. There are plenty of people who are in your position.

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                    WA
                    United States
                    Member #122238
                    January 27, 2012
                    179 Posts
                    Posted: December 30, 2014, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Get a job with good income and set some change for a ticket or two on the multi state jackpot games such as powerball and mega million and just dream that one day lady luck picks you. No fiancial freedom is available in lottery. It is something that may come true but it is not a guarantee money maker.

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
                      Member #146028
                      August 22, 2013
                      842 Posts
                      Posted: December 30, 2014, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

STAY TOONED No No

STAY TUNED! Yes Nod

Now there you go again; sooner or later I suppose you'll get tired of swallowing the bait.......hook; line; and sinker ! No "Shocking Discovery" on your behalf.

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3157 Posts
                        Posted: December 30, 2014, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Stick with draw games unless you live in Long Island or the Metro area where scratch offs seem to be better. I usually only play PB,MM, and sometimes C4L.

United States
                          Member #155994
                          June 5, 2014
                          497 Posts
                          Posted: December 30, 2014, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Now there you go again; sooner or later I suppose you'll get tired of swallowing the bait.......hook; line; and sinker ! No "Shocking Discovery" on your behalf.

Well, you can twist it all you want, but you stand corrected LOL