Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are my odds BETTER than yours?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #153935
March 29, 2014
29 Posts
Posted: December 31, 2014, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

By playing the same set of numbers every draw, my odds get better and better with each passing draw.

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: December 31, 2014, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Had you played 984 straight every day when the Florida lottery started, you'd be waiting 14 years before it hit.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19891 Posts
      Posted: December 31, 2014, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

By playing the same set of numbers every draw, my odds get better and better with each passing draw.

You can test that theory by posting your set of numbers on the prediction board.  If your winning improves over time better than anyone else then that will indicate that it's true.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4144 Posts
        Posted: December 31, 2014, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

You can test that theory by posting your set of numbers on the prediction board.  If your winning improves over time better than anyone else then that will indicate that it's true.

The magical words..." Over Time". Theoretically, its possible for his numbers to hit- question is, will he be around to see them, or will he have passed beyond the veil at that point?

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19891 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2014, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

The magical words..." Over Time". Theoretically, its possible for his numbers to hit- question is, will he be around to see them, or will he have passed beyond the veil at that point?

By "over time" I didn't mean a life time.  I would think he could prove after only a couple of months if his strategy was any better than any others.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10388 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2014, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Who told you that?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              23213 Posts
              Posted: January 1, 2015, 1:09 am - IP Logged

You would think so. But since they're not removing the balls that are drawn that you don't have, your numbers

have the same chance coming out as they did the last draw for each subsequent draw.

Your odds don't get better because you're playing the same set each draw.

You might wait 20 years for your ball numbers to show.

Just hope they show sooner. GL.

010 122 963 824 684 584 0000 6837 4061 1207 2319 4901 1009 1347 1537

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                WA
                United States
                Member #122238
                January 27, 2012
                180 Posts
                Posted: January 1, 2015, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

You can do these for poweball or megamil but i would not do it for the daily games...you will lose more than you will win when you hit. Playing the same numbers over and over doesnt mean you have BETTER odds than others mathematically.

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

United States
                  Member #155994
                  June 5, 2014
                  497 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2015, 3:32 am - IP Logged

Well, it doesn't matter if it's the same set or not. But, what matters is the size of the set. In other words, how many numbers you play each time. For example, your odds are better if you play 30 sets for one draw rather than playing one set for 30 draws.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3112 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2015, 7:05 am - IP Logged

Well, it doesn't matter if it's the same set or not. But, what matters is the size of the set. In other words, how many numbers you play each time. For example, your odds are better if you play 30 sets for one draw rather than playing one set for 30 draws.

Seems to me your odds will be better in the first draw with 30 lines versus 1 line, but if you don't win, your odds of winning will be horrible in the following 29 draws.   If you stand it on its head, wait out the 29 draws and then play 30 lines versus the final 1 line play, now your odds are better.  All things being relative and equal and such . . . really no odds improvement, simply a strategy, you decide which is more fun. 

BobP

United States
                      Member #155994
                      June 5, 2014
                      497 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2015, 8:10 am - IP Logged

Seems to me your odds will be better in the first draw with 30 lines versus 1 line, but if you don't win, your odds of winning will be horrible in the following 29 draws.   If you stand it on its head, wait out the 29 draws and then play 30 lines versus the final 1 line play, now your odds are better.  All things being relative and equal and such . . . really no odds improvement, simply a strategy, you decide which is more fun. 

BobP

Well, your odds of winning are the same on any given draw. So, in this example, it doesn't matter which draw ,1st or 30th, you pick to play your 30 lines.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3315 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2015, 8:30 am - IP Logged

lotto draws dont have a memory

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                          nc
                          United States
                          Member #99520
                          October 26, 2010
                          375 Posts
                          Posted: January 3, 2015, 8:30 am - IP Logged

Sorry, you have the same chance of winning, each draw.  It does not increase with the length of time your set of numbers has not been drawn.  The balls o not know that they must appear in a different combination each time. They do not know that they are required to be drawn in your selection.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                            Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            2747 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2015, 11:53 am - IP Logged

In the 3515 drawings of Mass Cash (5/35), my fav combo has never been drawn. I'm sure if you have forever to wait then it's likely they will be drawn. Ain't nobody got time for that.

That money's gone fo ever

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                              adelaide sa
                              Australia
                              Member #37136
                              April 11, 2006
                              3315 Posts
                              Posted: January 3, 2015, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

there is a page on the web some where, a guy  recorded 10 000 random selections of lotto numbers to the weeks draw for a year and totalled their   presumed gains. used a spread sheet or something.  end result is would have spent more than he would have won. hell i can do that on only 20 lines a week thus losing  a lot less money

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318