Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you ever?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 2 years ago by jr-va.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Poo Nanny's avatar - 2649029

United States
Member #125766
March 30, 2012
63 Posts
Posted: January 30, 2015, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I just saw a commercial for Powerball here in Michigan that has been running a lot over the week. Tonight, I noticed the commercial had a lady holding a ticket with two lines of numbers on it. Has anyone ever tried playing numbers from a ticket on a lottery commercial/tv show/movie? I think the tv show Lost had winning ticket numbers in the show. I don't know if anyone won though by playing those numbers when they came up. 

A while ago, someone posted a story on here about the unluckest lucky man. I admit, I tried playing those numbers for a couple weeks.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: January 30, 2015, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Been there. Don't that. Didn't work.

That money's gone fo ever

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
      Member #142499
      May 13, 2013
      1186 Posts
      Posted: January 30, 2015, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

I just saw a commercial for Powerball here in Michigan that has been running a lot over the week. Tonight, I noticed the commercial had a lady holding a ticket with two lines of numbers on it. Has anyone ever tried playing numbers from a ticket on a lottery commercial/tv show/movie? I think the tv show Lost had winning ticket numbers in the show. I don't know if anyone won though by playing those numbers when they came up. 

A while ago, someone posted a story on here about the unluckest lucky man. I admit, I tried playing those numbers for a couple weeks.

I played the numbers from Lost until a news item came out that said thousands of people were playing those numbers. Which meant that even if those numbers did come up, you'd have to share it with so many people you'd be lucky if you even got the cost for the ticket back. Figured out that every number that's been even mildly sensationalized gets played by a bunch of people thinking they're the only ones. Won't even play numbers from a fortune cookie after that lottery fiasco. Worse than having to split with so many people were the lottery officials thinking they had cheated. Unless numbers come to me in a dream, I'm sticking with QPs.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
        JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
        Member #141034
        April 2, 2013
        1410 Posts
        Posted: January 30, 2015, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Only reduced my cash reserve.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
          Member #9517
          December 10, 2004
          1272 Posts
          Posted: January 30, 2015, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Imagine how many people watch that commercial and imagine how many play those numbers.

The jackpot will only be a few thousand dollars if those numbers hit.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10356 Posts
            Posted: January 30, 2015, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Poo Nanny,

People here on LP were playing the Lost numbers for a while. They're posted somewhere in the archived threads.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10356 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2015, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Here's the numbers from Lost and Hurley's 'wining ticket'

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                Texas Panhandle
                United States
                Member #136843
                December 20, 2012
                1285 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2015, 1:28 am - IP Logged

I've been playing the lottery numbers/GPS coordinates from Breaking Bad since that episode and I'm still waiting to win.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                  South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #77167
                  July 15, 2009
                  556 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2015, 9:50 am - IP Logged

I've never--but I will tonight.Smile Going to play Lost and Breaking Bad-why not?  If I break bad and win I'm going to get lost after I collect. LOL  Wish me luck.

Has anyone tried fortune cookies?  How did they work out?

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49835 Posts
                    Posted: January 31, 2015, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Know, I Never!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                      TX
                      United States
                      Member #121193
                      January 4, 2012
                      1637 Posts
                      Posted: January 31, 2015, 10:20 am - IP Logged

I've never--but I will tonight.Smile Going to play Lost and Breaking Bad-why not?  If I break bad and win I'm going to get lost after I collect. LOL  Wish me luck.

Has anyone tried fortune cookies?  How did they work out?

Didn't buy the ticket but saved the FC #'s last weekend for the Texas lottery...it had 2 numbers that were correct<shoulder shrug>..Oh well

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #77167
                        July 15, 2009
                        556 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2015, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

tried movie #s with Cash 5--had the 8

cash 5 winning # was 01-08-18-30-31-see how it works on PB

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                          Member #142499
                          May 13, 2013
                          1186 Posts
                          Posted: February 8, 2015, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

I thought you'd find this interesting:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/05/lost-numbers-pay-off-in-megamillions-lottery-hurley/

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4111 Posts
                            Posted: February 8, 2015, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

l don't watch TV  that much * too many commercials, and Only play my Own numbers. If and when l lose, l know it was because of my own doing.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bondi Junction
                              Australia
                              Member #57242
                              December 24, 2007
                              1102 Posts
                              Posted: February 8, 2015, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Such numbers have the same chance as any other set of numbers, no more or no less.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!