Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you ever?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 2 years ago by jr-va.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2015, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

I just saw a commercial for Powerball here in Michigan that has been running a lot over the week. Tonight, I noticed the commercial had a lady holding a ticket with two lines of numbers on it. Has anyone ever tried playing numbers from a ticket on a lottery commercial/tv show/movie? I think the tv show Lost had winning ticket numbers in the show. I don't know if anyone won though by playing those numbers when they came up. 

A while ago, someone posted a story on here about the unluckest lucky man. I admit, I tried playing those numbers for a couple weeks.

No I haven't on MSN/Yahoo they showed people holding lotto tickets I always wondered how many people played those number lol

I Love Pink & Green 1908

KCMO
    United States
    Member #163681
    February 7, 2015
    56 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2015, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Don't play those well known numbers...whether from TV show or ads or whatnot....I bring your attention to the infamous case when a lotto ticket winning number was from a fortune cookie and like 100 people claimed to win. They had to do verification and turns out people would play the number on fortune cookies...so yeah don't do popular numbers since you'll have to split the winnings with bunch of other people

Poo Nanny's avatar - 2649029

United States
      Member #125766
      March 30, 2012
      63 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2015, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Don't play those well known numbers...whether from TV show or ads or whatnot....I bring your attention to the infamous case when a lotto ticket winning number was from a fortune cookie and like 100 people claimed to win. They had to do verification and turns out people would play the number on fortune cookies...so yeah don't do popular numbers since you'll have to split the winnings with bunch of other people

I played them. Hey if everyone is going to win, I want to be part of it. Even if 450 people won, a million dollars is more than I have now. The numbers flash quickly and it took me a few times to get them all. Plus, they stopped playing the commercial.

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
        Member #131594
        August 14, 2012
        171 Posts
        Posted: February 10, 2015, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

I just saw a commercial for Powerball here in Michigan that has been running a lot over the week. Tonight, I noticed the commercial had a lady holding a ticket with two lines of numbers on it. Has anyone ever tried playing numbers from a ticket on a lottery commercial/tv show/movie? I think the tv show Lost had winning ticket numbers in the show. I don't know if anyone won though by playing those numbers when they came up. 

A while ago, someone posted a story on here about the unluckest lucky man. I admit, I tried playing those numbers for a couple weeks.

I played some numbers from Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind after seeing the movie again a few years ago.  Not sure now what prompted me to play them.  I didn't win anything big.

Lotto Lucy

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
          Northern Virginia
          United States
          Member #83350
          December 5, 2009
          1315 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2015, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

No, but I tried playing numbers from my dreams on a few different occasions. 

On 03/02/2005, I had a dream where I received lottery tickets (one of them had the number 1804), and then I found about $100. So, I played 1804 exact order ... and they drew 8104 Bang Head. That was especially painful because my birthday is 0104.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

United States
            Member #67870
            December 7, 2008
            154 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2015, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Such numbers have the same chance as any other set of numbers, no more or no less.

Yeah but if 1,000 people win, the prize is small.  A million dollars divided by 1,000 people is only $1,000.