Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball 2/7/14

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 2 years ago by nist7seven.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Will anyone from LP will hit Powerball jackpot for 2/7/15?

Yes [ 20 ]  [50.00%]
No [ 7 ]  [17.50%]
I hope it me [ 13 ]  [32.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
Massachusetts
United States
Member #37433
April 14, 2006
2747 Posts
Posted: February 6, 2015, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Ok I will answer for me.  No I would not spend $6336 on the chance to win 10K$.  I buy one ticket (sometimes 2) even though I participate in Maddog's PB challenge.

Can you imagine the amount of time you would be tying up the machine to purchase 3168 tickets?  just for fun - one line per ticket.  I think the cashier would really dislike that person LONG before they were done ringing up the sale.  :)

$6336 is my lottery budget for about 10 years so I couldn't try that. But once I win big this could be my monthly lottery budget just because Big Grin

That money's gone fo ever

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
    Lavender Rocket

United States
    Member #124616
    March 16, 2012
    2642 Posts
    Posted: February 6, 2015, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

There are five lines per play slip so 3168 lines could be brought with 632 play slips.  Before MM and PB came to Ohio I would travel to the borders of Indiana and Michigan to buy tickets for co-workers and myself when their jackpots got large.  Retailers were happy to serve lines of people from out of state with handful of play slips.

You have more patience than I.  ... long before the clerk was finished I would be fidgeting.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
      TX
      United States
      Member #121193
      January 4, 2012
      1637 Posts
      Posted: February 7, 2015, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Now that the Powerball jackpot at $360 millions for 2/7/15. Will anyone from LP will hit Powerball jackpot for 2/7/15?

Chances are slim...BUT.....There's always a chance...."Gotta believe, stay positive and stay in the game".
      Patriot

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

United States
        Member #143211
        May 27, 2013
        1975 Posts
        Posted: February 7, 2015, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Last year I won 20 thousand I had 4 plus the ball from Maddog , it can be done !

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4102 Posts
          Posted: February 7, 2015, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Forum Members are people too. If any purchased a ticket/ tickets- they have as much of a chance at winning any jackpot as the next  person. Why would their chances be any different?

It's not rocket science- it's just numbers!!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
            Jacksonville, Florida
            United States
            Member #140364
            March 17, 2013
            195 Posts
            Posted: February 7, 2015, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Now that the Powerball jackpot at $360 millions for 2/7/15. Will anyone from LP will hit Powerball jackpot for 2/7/15?

It's going to be me and I will tell you why.  I purchased tickets for the lottery pool at work and the lady screwed up and added power play which was $80 more than what I should have paid. I could have said I didnt want them but I started thinking. What if the people at the store pooled together and purchased the error tickets while I got what I wanted then their ticket won? Also today is my birthday so that will be a wonderful gift :D

Washington,Michigan
              United States
              Member #11416
              February 13, 2005
              595 Posts
              Posted: February 7, 2015, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

I wanted to play Mega Millions but got powerball. I was like I wanted Mega Millions. Sorry this is powerball. I was like ok never. I play $10 and won $5 I think.

If you go and buy tickets  fast. You may win big.

KCMO
                United States
                Member #163681
                February 7, 2015
                56 Posts
                Posted: February 7, 2015, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I doubt anyone will win tonight.  I think it will roll over and then when next week comes and it goes close to 450mil....THEN much higher chance of someone winning. 

I still remember when the PB was at 650mil.....if only no one had won (odds of that were very low). But I remember the MUSL saying that if no one won the 650mil jackpot....the sales would've been so crazy that it would've likely pushed up to 900mil+ and the MUSL was gonna do a special drawing at time square...could've been even close to 1 billion at that time...

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                  USA
                  United States
                  Member #152799
                  February 25, 2014
                  1090 Posts
                  Posted: February 10, 2015, 5:22 am - IP Logged

I doubt anyone will win tonight.  I think it will roll over and then when next week comes and it goes close to 450mil....THEN much higher chance of someone winning. 

I still remember when the PB was at 650mil.....if only no one had won (odds of that were very low). But I remember the MUSL saying that if no one won the 650mil jackpot....the sales would've been so crazy that it would've likely pushed up to 900mil+ and the MUSL was gonna do a special drawing at time square...could've been even close to 1 billion at that time...

Powerball jackpot has never exceeded $600 million but Mega Millions has gone over $600 million twice.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: February 10, 2015, 8:18 am - IP Logged

The answer is no. I hope I'm wrong

I was right but I had hoped to be wrong. Maybe one of the many inactive members who last logged-in on June 21, 2011 will hit the jackpot on Wednesday Wink

That money's gone fo ever

KCMO
                      United States
                      Member #163681
                      February 7, 2015
                      56 Posts
                      Posted: February 10, 2015, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Powerball jackpot has never exceeded $600 million but Mega Millions has gone over $600 million twice.

Good point. Just looked it up and looks like PB highest was 590 and MM had been over 600