Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wow! $450 Million Dreams!

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Kola.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
HighStatus's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
Honolulu, HI
United States
Member #163692
February 8, 2015
2 Posts
Posted: February 8, 2015, 5:53 am - IP Logged

Awesome jackpot! Love the rush!

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49699 Posts
    Posted: February 8, 2015, 6:22 am - IP Logged

It's nothing compared to the Rush of actually Winning!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Wyomissing, PA
      United States
      Member #161050
      November 15, 2014
      301 Posts
      Posted: February 8, 2015, 7:15 am - IP Logged

$300 Million Dreams... The annuity value, while a great marketing gimmick that misleads many, is meaningless. The estimated cash value is around $300 million. After taxes, it's drops to around $180 million or even less depending on the winner's state. Still a bundle, but nowhere near $450 million.

I've sat out the recent drawings, but may buy a ticket or two for the next one, and definitely for the one after that, if it rolls again ... at that point, for me, it's worth playing - even though the odds of winning are near zero. Spending $3 or $6 (I always add Powerplay to double the match 5 prize to $2 million; 34x more likely to occur than jackpot) for a shot at a dream is cheap entertainment.

United States
        Member #149820
        December 9, 2013
        644 Posts
        Posted: February 8, 2015, 10:31 am - IP Logged

$450 million, $500 million whatever they want to take out in taxes is fine, cause what you end up with after they're done with you is far more than you or 98% of the people who play could ever ever earn in you lifetime. Heck when it's this high it makes me want to take the annunity so I'd have a guaranteed check every year until I died, and again dont care how much it dropped there either, how many of us blue collar workers have jobs where they make millions of dollars a year??? Not a one, so if you you won the jackpot there's no way you could lose with either payout you took. more money you could sanely spend in a lifetime, heck two or three lifetimes

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
          USA
          United States
          Member #152799
          February 25, 2014
          1092 Posts
          Posted: February 8, 2015, 11:56 am - IP Logged

$300 Million Dreams... The annuity value, while a great marketing gimmick that misleads many, is meaningless. The estimated cash value is around $300 million. After taxes, it's drops to around $180 million or even less depending on the winner's state. Still a bundle, but nowhere near $450 million.

I've sat out the recent drawings, but may buy a ticket or two for the next one, and definitely for the one after that, if it rolls again ... at that point, for me, it's worth playing - even though the odds of winning are near zero. Spending $3 or $6 (I always add Powerplay to double the match 5 prize to $2 million; 34x more likely to occur than jackpot) for a shot at a dream is cheap entertainment.

I agree! this $450 jackpot in reality is more like $150-$180 million in your bank account depending on which state you reside.

it is a long shot and a dream but I agree that it is cheap entertainment.

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
            nc
            United States
            Member #99520
            October 26, 2010
            375 Posts
            Posted: February 8, 2015, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Fun to dream!  My hearts desire is a little farm. Hope it comes true!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4106 Posts
              Posted: February 8, 2015, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to the Forum HighStatus. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Kola's avatar - image
                Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                Member #28945
                December 25, 2005
                1527 Posts
                Posted: February 8, 2015, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

I've sat out recent drawings too. As a matter of fact, I've sat out all past drawings. Told myself I wouldn't play or even practice working on games like Powerball in earnest, until after I finished working on strategies for the smaller games. But just as you may be compelled to play, I think I may jump in too. I have 4 days to experiment with a couple of ideas, lol. Since the "odds" of winning are low, I think I'll do the opposite and look to play the "evens", beginning by keeping numbers in draw order for "even" proportion. Hopefully, I can at least make back the ticket cost. 

Good luck to you and all!

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter".