Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Kind of weird, lottery machine

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 2 years ago by HoLeeKau.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5611 Posts
Posted: February 23, 2015, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Nope!  Went to the counter and played it with a clerk.

Green laugh

You KNOW if you hadn't played it.....LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10353 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2015, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Well the 'Mystery' ticket didn't hit a thing but it was a little bit of a thrill!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Detroit
      United States
      Member #161964
      December 17, 2014
      18 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2015, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I used to not like those machines, either, but I've found several gas stations in my area have their lottery machines out of view when you're in line. (They have to step over to the side where you can't see them because they're behind merchandise, etc.) On two separate occasions, I have had clerks give me mistakes (that were printed hours earlier). Once, I even had a clerk cash an instant winner before I even saw the ticket. (I was doing a Fantasy 5 with the Easy Match; you pay an extra dollar for a chance to win instantly and then you check your numbers on the nightly drawing.) He came over and handed me $2, told me I was a winner, and then handed me a ticket that said "Re-issue." It could have been legitimate, but I did report it to the state's lottery commission.

On the plus side, I did have a lucky thing with a vending machine where I bought a $30 instant, and it spit out three of them! While I did feel bad for the next person or two, I wasn't quite sure what I should have done. (The first ticket - the one that should have been mine - was a loser, as was the third one; the middle one was a $200 winner. The aesop kinda falls apart in this scenario...)

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2015, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

I've had a machine start to spit out my ticket then pull it back in, and I've had one sound like it generated a ticket but it never came out.  In both cases I contacted a CS person and they opened the machine to retrieve my ticket.  It was in there, but encountered a glitch trying to leave the womb.

I wonder if the person before you had a problem and just left, so the ticket you bought forced theirs out while yours stayed in the machine for the next person?

I wish they could give us draw terminals like they have behind the counter -- I've never seen them mess up like the vending machines do.  They'd have to keep the vending machines for scratch offs, but it would be well worth it if I could trust that I could get the ticket I want.

As for the machine spitting out stuff you didn't pay for and not knowing what to do?  I'd take it -- that amount might make up for all the stuff I've had to buy because the machine didn't work after I put my money in, so I'm forced to buy something I didn't want.  I've also walked away a few times when I just had a dollar or two in and couldn't get the machine to spit anything at all out and I didn't have time to wait for someone to fix it.  So I'd keep their mistake and call it even.