Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 4:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you happier when a regular lottery player wins a jackpot?

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 2 years ago by IPlayWeekly.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7341 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2015, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

l make no bones about it- l don't give a rats #/% who wins just as long as there are multiple winner's of  colossal Jackpots. This past three way split was refreshing considering that we got a " feel good story" from a woman who really needed it..

I guess it does make a difference to some LP members based on their "congrats" to winners assuming I suppose, those winners read LP. Some will even give congrats to trusts and anonymous winners. The feel good stories are nice, but I didn't win, nobody I know won so who cares.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4144 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2015, 1:29 am - IP Logged

I guess it does make a difference to some LP members based on their "congrats" to winners assuming I suppose, those winners read LP. Some will even give congrats to trusts and anonymous winners. The feel good stories are nice, but I didn't win, nobody I know won so who cares.

Atlas Shrugged. .

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6305 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2015, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I'm happy for whomever wins but its really nice when someone who has been playing for awhile wins.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

London
        United Kingdom
        Member #148675
        November 8, 2013
        54 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2015, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I share the same views. I have started playing the euro millions lottery nearly every week 2 1/2 years a go and strongly believe that I'll win someday hopefully this or next week when the jackpot starts at £75m :-)

United States
          Member #149820
          December 9, 2013
          644 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2015, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Yep just regular people like I think his name was Chris Shaw who won like 200+ million pretax of course, who said the first thing he wanted to do was fix his teeth. Or Holly Lahti who was one of the ones who got to split a huge jackpot, she had been in an abusive relationship and had to split it with her abusive ex but we hope he drops off in a meth overdose and she get his share back anyways, Yep everyday people who are just making it are the ones i love to hear have won

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19895 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2015, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  Not one of those winners ever came to LP to post a "Thank you for your Congratulations".

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4144 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2015, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  Not one of those winners ever came to LP to post a "Thank you for your Congratulations".

I had no idea a winner of either MM/PB  HAD to be a  member of LP to receive Congratulations!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4945 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2015, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Everyone is just as deserving as the other...whether it is their first game or playing the same #'s for 20 years. It must be kind of stressful playing the same #'s for years. I know you can play advance games but what happens when one gets busy or a family member has an emergency or there might be an epic snowstorm, etc.

J'aime La France.

DetroitLionBoy's avatar - Detroit01

United States
                  Member #159085
                  September 12, 2014
                  113 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2015, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

I never buy whole hog the stories that come out of these press conferences of lottery winners. 

Player's first time

Only played one line

Will use money to save the human race

I am not bothered at all by who wins. I extend my congrats and go back to tweaking my secret lottery recipe so maybe next time it's me.

"Will use money to save human race" LOL love that one

Cash 4 life 3/5 numbers= $25 (9/1/14)
                  TAKE 5 4/5 numbers= $775.00 (2/21/15)

im bound to win the jackpot!!  Cool

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4945 Posts
                    Posted: February 27, 2015, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I plan to say, "I am going to Paris and eat crepes with orange marmalade and if any other "religions" want to start trouble with me, remember I am from the USA!!! lol

J'aime La France.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7341 Posts
                      Posted: February 28, 2015, 12:07 am - IP Logged

geos*5666 had another jackpot matching prediction the other day and at least he'll get to see some well deserved congrats.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                        Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #37433
                        April 14, 2006
                        2747 Posts
                        Posted: February 28, 2015, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Are you happier when a regular lottery player wins a jackpot

I'm not happier but just happy. It's really tough to win big so a win by anybody is a great story.

That money's gone fo ever

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                          Gurnee, Illinois
                          United States
                          Member #49731
                          February 12, 2007
                          919 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2015, 10:57 am - IP Logged

I Agree! I only play when: MM is $15M or above and PB is $40M or above!

I Agree! I think some of the people who say it was their first time or occasional purchase do so out of fear what others would think. How you can tell they are lying about that is their response to question if they plan to continue playing the lottery? Most say, 'why not? I already have a ticket for the next drawing.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                            Connecticut
                            United States
                            Member #61623
                            May 29, 2008
                            20581 Posts
                            Posted: March 20, 2015, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I've always felt a little 'annoyed 'when someone an inch from the grave won or somebody who is already in a line of work that commands 6 figures

or more.

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                              Columbus, Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #128906
                              June 5, 2012
                              597 Posts
                              Posted: March 20, 2015, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I only play when: MM is $15M or above and PB is $40M or above!

Great post, I immediately sensed the humor:)