Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Result of back testing 2 years of non-winning PB tickets

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 2 years ago by maringoman.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
USA
United States
Member #152799
February 25, 2014
1094 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2015, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

Just for kicks, I gathered and back tested all my past PB tickets since 2013. I tested these tickets going back 7 years using Todd's drawing search program and the results were rather eye opening. 

None of my losing tickets which totaled almost 140 draws did any better than 2+1 or 3+0 through 7 years of drawings. In other words, I could have played the same 140 set of numbers every draw for the past 7 years and the best results would be a $7 winner which hit 13 times.

In a nutshell, It would have cost $$280 each draw and over 7 years would have run up a tab of over $203k. This seems just a bit excessive considering the results were 13 $7 winners. There were numerous 1+1 and PB only winners but I left those $4 winners out of my story as I was only concerned with $7 and up winners.

My best ticket personally was a 3+1winner bought during the $564 PB drawing in Feb, 2015 which netted $100. Has anyone else back tested using their losing tickets?

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2015, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Curious, were these all quick picks?

"Everything works  ONCE!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: March 6, 2015, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Just for kicks, I gathered and back tested all my past PB tickets since 2013. I tested these tickets going back 7 years using Todd's drawing search program and the results were rather eye opening. 

None of my losing tickets which totaled almost 140 draws did any better than 2+1 or 3+0 through 7 years of drawings. In other words, I could have played the same 140 set of numbers every draw for the past 7 years and the best results would be a $7 winner which hit 13 times.

In a nutshell, It would have cost $$280 each draw and over 7 years would have run up a tab of over $203k. This seems just a bit excessive considering the results were 13 $7 winners. There were numerous 1+1 and PB only winners but I left those $4 winners out of my story as I was only concerned with $7 and up winners.

My best ticket personally was a 3+1winner bought during the $564 PB drawing in Feb, 2015 which netted $100. Has anyone else back tested using their losing tickets?

What did you expect with odds of 1:175,223,516 ?   Playing 140 sets of number each drawing only reduces your odds of winning the jackpot to1:1,251,597 and second prize of $1M to 1:36,812 .  Pick4 odds of winning $10K are four times better and people have played that game all their lives and never won the top prize.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

USA
        United States
        Member #152799
        February 25, 2014
        1094 Posts
        Posted: March 6, 2015, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Curious, were these all quick picks?

No, 42 of them were generated by LP's RNG and the rest were QP's from the retailer.

Bahamas
          Member #133462
          September 30, 2012
          5946 Posts
          Posted: March 6, 2015, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

No, 42 of them were generated by LP's RNG and the rest were QP's from the retailer.

Well, it's smart to mix it up. The RNG in the stores give you no control over what's in play. How do you decide which combinations from LPs RNG to put into play?

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4804 Posts
            Posted: March 6, 2015, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I think she did an interesting experiment. I have wondered before about numbers on my old tickets but toss them away. This shows she can change up her playing strategy perhaps.

J'aime La France.

USA
              United States
              Member #152799
              February 25, 2014
              1094 Posts
              Posted: March 6, 2015, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

What did you expect with odds of 1:175,223,516 ?   Playing 140 sets of number each drawing only reduces your odds of winning the jackpot to1:1,251,597 and second prize of $1M to 1:36,812 .  Pick4 odds of winning $10K are four times better and people have played that game all their lives and never won the top prize.

I realize what the odds are which is why I only randomly play when the jackpot exceeds $100 million. I was just curious to see if any of those tickets returned a 5+0 winner. All this did was just validate my belief that purchasing an excessive amount of tickets each and every draw was a complete waste of money.

I will stick to just purchasing a ticket or two when the PB jackpot exceeds $100 million. I don't purchase any MM tickets until it  goes over $150 million. I am not delusional in expecting to win a major jackpot but I do enjoy participating strictly for entertainment purposes when the jackpot reaches a certain threshold.

USA
                United States
                Member #152799
                February 25, 2014
                1094 Posts
                Posted: March 6, 2015, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Well, it's smart to mix it up. The RNG in the stores give you no control over what's in play. How do you decide which combinations from LPs RNG to put into play?

I simply choose 1 or 2 draws on the RNG depending on the number of picks I would be playing. I have curbed back using the RNG as getting any type of winner was very rare. In my own experience I won more little prizes using QP's from the retailers.

Bahamas
                  Member #133462
                  September 30, 2012
                  5946 Posts
                  Posted: March 6, 2015, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

I simply choose 1 or 2 draws on the RNG depending on the number of picks I would be playing. I have curbed back using the RNG as getting any type of winner was very rare. In my own experience I won more little prizes using QP's from the retailers.

Thanks for sharing. When I do employ RNGs, I pull 50 at a time and screen them to ensure they didn't win any significant prizes. I also apply several filters to make sure the combos meet my predetermined specifications. I have done pretty fair using this method. 4+0 was the largest win to date.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4111 Posts
                    Posted: March 6, 2015, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I realize what the odds are which is why I only randomly play when the jackpot exceeds $100 million. I was just curious to see if any of those tickets returned a 5+0 winner. All this did was just validate my belief that purchasing an excessive amount of tickets each and every draw was a complete waste of money.

I will stick to just purchasing a ticket or two when the PB jackpot exceeds $100 million. I don't purchase any MM tickets until it  goes over $150 million. I am not delusional in expecting to win a major jackpot but I do enjoy participating strictly for entertainment purposes when the jackpot reaches a certain threshold.

" All this did was just validate my belief that purchasing an excessive amount of tickets each and every draw was a complete waste of money."

I Agree!... Now the task is passing on that advice to the rest of the 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

rosita mckenzie's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                      FIRETRAIL RD
                      Bahamas
                      Member #154238
                      April 8, 2014
                      20 Posts
                      Posted: March 6, 2015, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

wats the ole losing numbers

ROSITA ROCHELL MCKENZIE

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10354 Posts
                        Posted: March 6, 2015, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Drenick1,

I tracked the Illinois Little Lotto for three years (now called Lucky Day Lotto), day by day, not just with losing tickets.

At the time the Illinois Lotto site also had a search feature for past winning numbers- you could make up sets of numbers all day long and never get a 5 of 6 hit, let a lone a jackpot.

In the long run, regardless of the specific jackpot draw game, the most common result is you will hit whatever does not pay, 0 or 1 in Pick 5, 2 in Pick 6, etc....

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

USA
                          United States
                          Member #152799
                          February 25, 2014
                          1094 Posts
                          Posted: March 6, 2015, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

CT, That was pretty much the same conclusion I came up with.

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #33719
                            February 24, 2006
                            705 Posts
                            Posted: March 7, 2015, 2:12 am - IP Logged

Interesting Analysis.

If it was me, I would take it one step further analyzing the quickpicks.

I would want to know how many winning numbers did each quickpick generate across all lines.

For example, did a 5-line quick pick generate 4 winning numbers or
                            did a 1-line quick pick generate 2 winning numbers.

It's been my experience to use quickpicks as a process of elimination. 
                            However, on a 5-line quickpick, I may have four winning numbers on a non-winning ticket!

Good Luck!

rosita mckenzie's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                              FIRETRAIL RD
                              Bahamas
                              Member #154238
                              April 8, 2014
                              20 Posts
                              Posted: March 23, 2015, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Mail For Youhey there wat is it for today

ROSITA ROCHELL MCKENZIE