Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which Lottery Winner...?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Teddi.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2015, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Frankly- I do not want to meet any of them.l wish them well but what would be the point of a meet and greet? None of them can tell you how to win because they got lucky, that's all. It kinda reminds me of what Owen Wilson once said. Apparently he was part of the audience that met the Dalai Lama years ago and at some point  someone asked the  Lama " What is the True course to World Peace?"... -and his answer was something like " loving your fellow Man " ...and Owen said you should have heard the "Oooo & Aaa's" as though the Heavens opened up and dropped pearls of wisdom on those in attendance. It's so generic, it's oatmeal!

On a side note, l seriously doubt Raymond Buxton would grant anyone an audience- he picked up his cardboard check and placed it over his mug. All you saw was his Yoda T-shirt and a " that's all folks!"

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
    Member #164603
    March 8, 2015
    613 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2015, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

I doubt any of the winners would invite you in, but Buxton is interesting to me.

After I win you can bet I'll tell everyone who asks me to f off.

United States
      Member #149820
      December 9, 2013
      644 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2015, 9:48 am - IP Logged

you can do that now...LOL you dont have to hit it big to be able to tell everyone to f off...I personally would have love to met Dave Edwards, he seems like he would have been the kind of guy that's cool to talk to minus the drugs and etc...LOL

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
        TX
        United States
        Member #121193
        January 4, 2012
        1637 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2015, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I think I would like to meet Ben Franklin and learn about his goals for our country. Also heard he had a wild side...lol
        As far as a lottery winner ?  I think it would have to be one of the folks who didn't go public with their winnings and have kept to themselves. Ask them who their Legal/financial advisers are. What they have put their winnings into and what kind of money they are generating for a return.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2015, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Google lottery winners one year later, there is a people magazine article.

Same on Cisneros.

Ginther is a Texas resident who has a PhD in mathematics and won million $ scatchers multiple times, a lot of interesting articles on her too that sunmarizing them would do them ( and her ) justice.

You've probably seen these links, but they talk about her and her strategy a good bit (buying a TON of tickets at a single location in a small town).

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/lottery/Lotterys_luckiest_woman_Joan_Ginther_bet_flabbergasting_sums_on_scratch-offs.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_world/How_lottery_legend_Joan_Ginther_used_odds_Uncle_Sam_to_win_millions.html

CDanat, good thought. I've always wondered about meeting a lottery winner that claimed anonymously or through a trust. Like, what goes on in their minds every time they hear of a winner going public. I bet they were going crazy with that McDonald's thing the other year, and shake their heads at everyone else. If they have/had younger kids and kept it secret from them, it would be interesting to ask how they kept it secret from them and if they ever had a scary moment where they thought they may have figured it out.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
            Member #142499
            May 13, 2013
            1183 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2015, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

I doubt any of the winners would invite you in, but Buxton is interesting to me.

After I win you can bet I'll tell everyone who asks me to f off.

I had a coworker who had a plan to reenact the Dave Chappelle "I quit" skit if she ever won. I'm not going to lie, I wanted her to win just to see her do it. Your post brought that image up. If you win, I say you download it as a recording on your phone and when anyone asks you, hit play. "I'm rich b!tch...kiss my @$$" would be much more entertaining than a simple "eff off".

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19828 Posts
              Posted: March 11, 2015, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

I had a coworker who had a plan to reenact the Dave Chappelle "I quit" skit if she ever won. I'm not going to lie, I wanted her to win just to see her do it. Your post brought that image up. If you win, I say you download it as a recording on your phone and when anyone asks you, hit play. "I'm rich b!tch...kiss my @$$" would be much more entertaining than a simple "eff off".

hit play. "I'm rich b!tch...kiss my @$$"

That might work for the women, but us men might have to modify it to  "I'm a rich man ...b!tch...kiss my @$$"

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #142499
                May 13, 2013
                1183 Posts
                Posted: March 11, 2015, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

I think I would like to meet Ben Franklin and learn about his goals for our country. Also heard he had a wild side...lol
                As far as a lottery winner ?  I think it would have to be one of the folks who didn't go public with their winnings and have kept to themselves. Ask them who their Legal/financial advisers are. What they have put their winnings into and what kind of money they are generating for a return.

When I came up with the question, that was exactly what I was thinking about. I wish there was a way for the rest of us to get advice from winners who had eschewed the limelight and made sound investment strategies. 

Who did they tell, who did they keep in the dark and why? What do they wish they'd known or been told beforehand? Things in that vein. 

You can't really go by what the TLCML ones say. They spend all their time just showing off what they've bought or where they've been. There's very little real and helpful information given. 

United States
                  Member #142499
                  May 13, 2013
                  1183 Posts
                  Posted: March 11, 2015, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

hit play. "I'm rich b!tch...kiss my @$$"

That might work for the women, but us men might have to modify it to  "I'm a rich man ...b!tch...kiss my @$$"

I think anything along those lines will still be highly entertaining.

NYC
                    United States
                    Member #161115
                    November 17, 2014
                    126 Posts
                    Posted: March 12, 2015, 11:07 am - IP Logged

In the same vein of "which famous person (past or present) you'd most like to meet and why", which lottery winner(s) would you most like to meet and why?

I'd most like to meet Cynthia Stafford, because I really want to know how much money she has left and what's really going on with her. I'd also like to meet Gloria to see how she's doing and how her life has changed. Finally, I'd like to have met David Edwards so I could have told him to keep his wife out of his life, set up a trust for his daughter and grandchild, and listen to his first financial advisor.

Her movie that she produced- The Brass Teapot, actually plays often on the movie channels. I've seen parts of it but didn't watch the entire movie since it looked boring. Maybe she gets back some money from it.

United States
                      Member #142499
                      May 13, 2013
                      1183 Posts
                      Posted: March 12, 2015, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Her movie that she produced- The Brass Teapot, actually plays often on the movie channels. I've seen parts of it but didn't watch the entire movie since it looked boring. Maybe she gets back some money from it.

She co-produced it with 5 other production companies. It cost $900,000 to make and grossed under $7,000. Apart from writing it off as a loss on her taxes, I don't see how she could possibly get any money back from it.