Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are You Willing To Trade No Taxation For Max Publicity

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 2 years ago by myturn.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
Member #141034
April 2, 2013
1408 Posts
Posted: March 12, 2015, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Personally I'm all for no taxation and no publicity on all lottery wins. Our friend up north, gives you no taxation but max publicity. What would you rather have?

My ultimate lottery claim form will  include five check boxes:- BOX #1...NO TAXATION

BOX #2...NO PUBLICITY

BOX #3...TAXATION

BOX#4...PUBLICITY

BOX #5...DON'T GIVE A RATS-ASS{DO WHATEVER YOU WANT}. 

What box or boxes would you check and why? Enjoy. Lottery is supposed to be fun. When you win, it can be nothing but depending on how you handle it.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: March 12, 2015, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

I want to trade losing for winning. Everything else is moot.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4104 Posts
      Posted: March 12, 2015, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

What would be better is taxation for Bullet proof anonymity!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49642 Posts
        Posted: March 12, 2015, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Personally I'm all for no taxation and no publicity on all lottery wins. Our friend up north, gives you no taxation but max publicity. What would you rather have?

My ultimate lottery claim form will  include five check boxes:- BOX #1...NO TAXATION

BOX #2...NO PUBLICITY

BOX #3...TAXATION

BOX#4...PUBLICITY

What box or boxes would you check and why? Enjoy. Lottery is supposed to be fun. When you win, it can be nothing but depending on how you handle it.

The option in not currently on the table: So unless you're willing do something about changing that:Its not even worth talking about!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49642 Posts
          Posted: March 12, 2015, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Easier Said Than Done!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
            Lavender Rocket

United States
            Member #124616
            March 16, 2012
            2642 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2015, 1:48 am - IP Logged

BOX #2...NO PUBLICITY

BOX #3...TAXATION

BOX#4...PUBLICITY

I would take box #2, a lower win and no publicity.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3854 Posts
              Posted: March 13, 2015, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Anonymity has a chance, it exists in some states and has been purposed in others,

no taxation has a snowball's chance...

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Albany
                United States
                Member #156363
                June 16, 2014
                17 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2015, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Option #1 for me.  I live in New York, a high-tax state that requires winners of large amounts of money to conduct a press conference.

I'm fine with publicity.  That will disappear when the next big winner comes forward.

United States
                  Member #149820
                  December 9, 2013
                  644 Posts
                  Posted: March 13, 2015, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Ummm let me see...winning more than you could ever legally earn in 5 lifetimes and getting to tell people about or paying taxes of more than you could ever make in 5 life times and still have more money than you could ever earn legally in 5 lifetimes....Tell me whats the downside? Either is super fine with me

United States
                    Member #145267
                    August 1, 2013
                    1492 Posts
                    Posted: March 13, 2015, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Box #2, I will pay the taxes.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                      Member #142499
                      May 13, 2013
                      1182 Posts
                      Posted: March 13, 2015, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

BOX #2...NO PUBLICITY

BOX #3...TAXATION

BOX#4...PUBLICITY

100% BOX #2

With no publicity (and therefore not having to pay for lawyers to handle litigious lawsuits from greedy people, not having to pay for security and not having to pay for a hideout until the furor dies down) it means I'd still end up financially and emotionally ahead anyway. I'll pay the taxes and then live life to the fullest without any of the drawbacks that come with unwanted notoriety. 

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7297 Posts
                        Posted: March 13, 2015, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

The option in not currently on the table: So unless you're willing do something about changing that:Its not even worth talking about!

I'm still waiting for the LP members to make up their minds. Some are giving strange reasons for anonymity while others are watching "The Lottery Changed my Life".

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                          JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                          Member #141034
                          April 2, 2013
                          1408 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2015, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

I'm still waiting for the LP members to make up their minds. Some are giving strange reasons for anonymity while others are watching "The Lottery Changed my Life".

Choice is what makes America great.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                            TX
                            United States
                            Member #121193
                            January 4, 2012
                            1637 Posts
                            Posted: March 14, 2015, 8:12 am - IP Logged

While I am a strong proponent for anonymity, I will go with Box #1 just for S & G. I will pay for professional services and eventually the publicity should subside.After all, how many people are still talking about "Hugh Hawkins" PB winner from Iowa 12/2005 ?
                            http://www.lotterypost.com/news/125936

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Albany
                              United States
                              Member #156363
                              June 16, 2014
                              17 Posts
                              Posted: March 16, 2015, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Living in New York State, nobody talks about the group of seven state workers that won Mega Millions in 2011.  Nobody talks about the elderly couple who won Mega Millions back in November anymore.

Anyway, publicity wouldn't bother me.  I would be quitting my job if I won something like Powerball or Mega Millions, so people will find out anyway.  And news gets old really quickly in this day and age, so any publicity, fame, or attention will be short-lived.