Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are You Willing To Trade No Taxation For Max Publicity

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 2 years ago by myturn.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Bondi Junction
Australia
Member #57242
December 24, 2007
1102 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2015, 1:41 am - IP Logged

With the UK Lottery, you can have your cake and eat it!

Are my winnings tax free?

Yes, UK National Lottery prizes are not chargeable gains for the purposes of UK Capital Gains Tax and will not normally be assessed for UK Income Tax. If a prize is won and shared by a syndicate who entered into a written agreement before the win, then syndicate members should not be liable to pay UK inheritance tax. 

One of the most important decisions for new winners to make is whether to opt to go public or remain anonymous. If a winner decides to talk publicly about their win, Camelot’s PR team will organise a press conference and handle all media interest on their behalf, removing the anxiety that can accompany talking about a big win.

If they have requested to remain anonymous, Camelot takes its obligations and duty of care to protect winners’ privacy very seriously. Unless a winner agrees to take full publicity and signs an agreement to that effect, no information about them can be released by Camelot into the public domain.

Most UK Lottery Winners choose to remain anonymous!

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

Bondi Junction
    Australia
    Member #57242
    December 24, 2007
    1102 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2015, 1:48 am - IP Logged

Personally I'm all for no taxation and no publicity on all lottery wins. Our friend up north, gives you no taxation but max publicity. What would you rather have?

My ultimate lottery claim form will  include five check boxes:- BOX #1...NO TAXATION

BOX #2...NO PUBLICITY

BOX #3...TAXATION

BOX#4...PUBLICITY

BOX #5...DON'T GIVE A RATS-ASS{DO WHATEVER YOU WANT}. 

What box or boxes would you check and why? Enjoy. Lottery is supposed to be fun. When you win, it can be nothing but depending on how you handle it.

I would like both please!

Tax Free!

With the right to anonymity!

Which is the case with Australian State Lotteries!

We all get a lot out of lotteries!