Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lottery Truck

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 2 years ago by maximumfun.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

You can buy food from a Food Truck...would you buy a ticket from a Lottery Truck?

Yes! [ 15 ]  [60.00%]
No! [ 10 ]  [40.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 25 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7712 Posts
Posted: March 14, 2015, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

People can sell food and ice cream from a truck...well how come there's not a Lottery Truck?

I've often thought about that on days I felt like going out to get a ticket but for some reason or another wound up saying..."ah, forget it."

How about those days when it's scorching hot or snowing cold or you're just too dang busy to make a trip to the store?

But hey...here comes the L.T.

I hear the song. I can run right out in my slippers and get my ticket. I don't even have to comb my hair!

Morning,Noon and Evening it could cruise around to accommodate everyone's schedule. I'd be buying a lot more tickets,that's for sure. What about you? 

Do You Want To Win Today?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/286011

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: March 14, 2015, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't buy lottery tickets off anyone just driving through the neighborhood in a car or truck.  Reminds me of that old scam of people standing outside a retailer selling winning lottery tickets because they didn't know how to cash them  in.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Sunny California
      United States
      Member #40295
      May 31, 2006
      7712 Posts
      Posted: March 14, 2015, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't buy lottery tickets off anyone just driving through the neighborhood in a car or truck.  Reminds me of that old scam of people standing outside a retailer selling winning lottery tickets because they didn't know how to cash them  in.

Obviously there would be a lot of things to consider with this endeavor. It would most probably have to have some kind of government/state employees running it to keep it legit. It couldn't be run by just any Tom,Dick or Harry.  Plus it might even have to carry an armed guard. The con's , I'm sure, would out weigh the pros but I still wouldn't mind one passing in front of my house once in awhile :)

Do You Want To Win Today?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/286011

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
        Happy California
        United States
        Member #157856
        August 2, 2014
        1515 Posts
        Posted: March 14, 2015, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

Thank You for thinking outside the box. Keep being creative.Lep

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: March 14, 2015, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Not a truck but the Illinois lottery sets up a tent at the state fair, same kind of thing, no?

Not only that but the scratchers sold there tend to win more often!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19826 Posts
            Posted: March 15, 2015, 1:58 am - IP Logged

When traveling in Kentucky a few years ago I saw signs posted at stores along the highways stating "Only lottery tickets brought here can be cashed here" which could make buying tickets from a place that moves a bad idea in Kentucky. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40471 Posts
              Posted: March 15, 2015, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Why not sell Lottery out of a truck.

In Detroit, some bad guys use Ice cream trucks to sell dope and guns.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #129225
                June 13, 2012
                546 Posts
                Posted: March 15, 2015, 8:47 am - IP Logged

I can't stand the music coming out of the ice cream trucks it drives me crazy to hear it!  I would not rush out to a lottery truck driving around playing horrible music!!

JustJim's avatar - driver
                  SunPrairie Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #162093
                  December 21, 2014
                  126 Posts
                  Posted: March 15, 2015, 9:15 am - IP Logged

Not a truck but the Illinois lottery sets up a tent at the state fair, same kind of thing, no?

I've seen the same kind of setup in Wisconsin at Summerfest - they have a little lottery trailer selling tickets.  I'm not sure about the state fair though, I haven't been in a few years.

Here's wishing everyone the good fortune they're looking for.  Remember, if you happen to win more than a couple bucks, try and donate a little to one of your favorite charities - keep that positive mojo working!

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                    Cordova,Al.
                    United States
                    Member #104482
                    January 15, 2011
                    4910 Posts
                    Posted: March 15, 2015, 10:31 am - IP Logged

The last time I saw a lottery truck was 4 years ago. It was doing a promotion for some new tickets. coming out in In. they give away coupons buy so many of some of the games you get one free. Now, all my friends here came from the north, therefore we would been happy to see Lottery any thing here. In ALA. We take a road trip to get tickets across the state line, 2-1/2 hours.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      49758 Posts
                      Posted: March 15, 2015, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Street Vendor Style!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #56506
                        November 21, 2007
                        6537 Posts
                        Posted: March 15, 2015, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

There was a trailer set up at the state fair here as well and they were promoting the Idaho state lotteries and selling tickets.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                          Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4108 Posts
                          Posted: March 15, 2015, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

Before you know it - Parents who are too lazy to walk out their front door will be sending their 10 year old children to stop those lottery trucks and purchase tickets for them.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bondi Junction
                            Australia
                            Member #57242
                            December 24, 2007
                            1102 Posts
                            Posted: March 15, 2015, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I only play by subscription. I don't buy tickets in stores and I would never buy tickets from a truck. 

Playing by subscription, raises more revenue for the state, as commissions to agents are not paid on subscriptions.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #94283
                              July 17, 2010
                              2284 Posts
                              Posted: March 16, 2015, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

There was a trailer set up at the state fair here as well and they were promoting the Idaho state lotteries and selling tickets.

Yep, they usually set up at Alive After Five ( a weekly music event) and they have a booth at the yearly home shows.

I've never heard that scratchers sold there win more often though.  Maybe I'll try next time I see one.