Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just One Ticket...

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 2 years ago by zephbe.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #164725
March 12, 2015
337 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2015, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

How many times have you heard anyone claim that they just bought one winning Super Lotto, Power Ball, or Mega Million ticket? When I see the winning tickets its always one of 5 or 10 or more.  I often wonder  if anyone gets the urge to just buy one and hits the JP.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4102 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2015, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

How many times have you heard anyone claim that they just bought one winning Super Lotto, Power Ball, or Mega Million ticket? When I see the winning tickets its always one of 5 or 10 or more.  I often wonder  if anyone gets the urge to just buy one and hits the JP.

l live by the adage : Don't believe everything people say..l think those persons who buy a single ticket and hit it are extremely few EXTREMELY. . I also* think that people who claim to have bought a single ticket, felt lucky getting out of bed this morning, l never play and l just happened to pass by and thought" what the heck- l will give it a try" are just brightening the picture. .and for goodness sake this line " if l can do it, you can do it"..drives me up the freaking wall.

They may show the winning " single" ticket- but they won't show the other 5-10 lines they played on " the other ticket" which they tossed.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
      Member #133462
      September 30, 2012
      5946 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2015, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

l live by the adage : Don't believe everything people say..l think those persons who buy a single ticket and hit it are extremely few EXTREMELY. . I also* think that people who claim to have bought a single ticket, felt lucky getting out of bed this morning, l never play and l just happened to pass by and thought" what the heck- l will give it a try" are just brightening the picture. .and for goodness sake this line " if l can do it, you can do it"..drives me up the freaking wall.

They may show the winning " single" ticket- but they won't show the other 5-10 lines they played on " the other ticket" which they tossed.

It furthers the marketing strategy to the audience of casual players - A dollar and a dream. Besides most don't want to be characterized as heavy gamblers. I did read of a story once though where a pool in CA plays so m any QPs the machine runs out of paper.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
        Member #164725
        March 12, 2015
        337 Posts
        Posted: March 16, 2015, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

My personal motto is:  Somebody is going to win, why not me? [Dont hate me. LOL ]

The guy who did nails up in San Jose and who won a huge JP -- the story was that he bought tickets with change he found on the floor and tips. I dont' know about dropped cash but weekly tips adds up so he was spending some serious money weekly.  Luckily, it worked out for him.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19815 Posts
          Posted: March 16, 2015, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

It furthers the marketing strategy to the audience of casual players - A dollar and a dream. Besides most don't want to be characterized as heavy gamblers. I did read of a story once though where a pool in CA plays so m any QPs the machine runs out of paper.

If you've ever brought a lottery ticket with a pink line running through it then it was probably at the end of a roll or paper.  I usually buy a couple of $5 tickets and many times they have been from different rolls of paper.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
            Member #164603
            March 8, 2015
            599 Posts
            Posted: March 16, 2015, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Maybe they only buy single quickpicks, but 100 of them. LOL

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4102 Posts
              Posted: March 16, 2015, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

If you've ever brought a lottery ticket with a pink line running through it then it was probably at the end of a roll or paper.  I usually buy a couple of $5 tickets and many times they have been from different rolls of paper.

That " Pink line running through" should be installed in restrooms: especially when someone is pretty loaded and can't tell whether they going to yell out for assistance or just know they dodged a bullet...this time. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: March 16, 2015, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Maybe they only buy single quickpicks, but 100 of them. LOL

I believe that's what the three teachers in Maryland that shared $656 did they all pitched $20 and the person buying the tickets went to different locations to buy the single line tickets she said she layer the tickets out on the floor and started going through them.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4102 Posts
                  Posted: March 16, 2015, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I believe that's what the three teachers in Maryland that shared $656 did they all pitched $20 and the person buying the tickets went to different locations to buy the single line tickets she said she layer the tickets out on the floor and started going through them.

What year was that win DCF?

Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6290 Posts
                    Posted: March 16, 2015, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

I think 2012 March.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: March 16, 2015, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

What year was that win DCF?

The Three Amigos wS their name when they claimed their prize they had their faces hidden behind the big checks.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4102 Posts
                        Posted: March 16, 2015, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

The Three Amigos wS their name when they claimed their prize they had their faces hidden behind the big checks.

Thx. 

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
                          NC
                          United States
                          Member #164399
                          February 28, 2015
                          1923 Posts
                          Posted: March 16, 2015, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I get a chuckle outta those.....most likely they don't want everybody to know they play numbers...lol....but when you win and can't stay anonymous...well everybody knows...

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                            Winning makes me smile.
                            bel air maryland
                            United States
                            Member #90251
                            April 24, 2010
                            4849 Posts
                            Posted: March 16, 2015, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I get a chuckle outta those.....most likely they don't want everybody to know they play numbers...lol....but when you win and can't stay anonymous...well everybody knows...

In Md. you can stay anonymous, maybe they didn't know...

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
                              Member #164725
                              March 12, 2015
                              337 Posts
                              Posted: March 17, 2015, 7:32 am - IP Logged

So, she bought 60 tickets one at a time at 60 different vendors??  That's a lot of work and a lot of gas!