Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just One Ticket...

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 2 years ago by zephbe.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2015, 9:10 am - IP Logged

So, she bought 60 tickets one at a time at 60 different vendors??  That's a lot of work and a lot of gas!

Maybe she bought 20 one line tickets at 3 locations.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2015, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Here are a copule of people that won with one ticket. Carl Hunter spent $1 on a powerball ticket and won the jackpot he stopped at the store to get some milk for his wife. Ira Curry spent $ playing one line(she picked her numbers).

Carl Hunter wins $97,000,000 playing Powerball

Carl Hunter's Powerball winner photo
    Amount$97,000,000
    DateJan 16, 2008
    GamePowerball
    HometownMetairie

Hunter's ticket matched all five of the white ball numbers drawn plus the red Powerball number to win the jackpot!

Hunter was picking up a gallon of milk for his wife when he decided to also purchase one Powerball "quick pick" at West Metairie Shell on West Metairie Avenue in Metairie.

"There was a person in line in front of me and behind me also purchasing tickets for the drawing. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time," described Hunter, surprised and humble.

The Powerball jackpot is advertised as a 30-installment annuity, but winners can opt to receive the cash value instead. Hunter chose the one-time cash payment option, which was $48,478,863 or $33,935,204 after federal and state withholdings.  His prize was the largest single amount won in the Lottery's history. 

http://www.louisianalottery.com/winners/1371/carl-hunter

Also Ira Curry she won on 1 line she picked her #'s http://www.lotterypost.com/news/269915

I Love Pink & Green 1908

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #77167
      July 15, 2009
      554 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2015, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

How many times have you heard anyone claim that they just bought one winning Super Lotto, Power Ball, or Mega Million ticket? When I see the winning tickets its always one of 5 or 10 or more.  I often wonder  if anyone gets the urge to just buy one and hits the JP.

$259.9 Million Powerball® Jackpot Winner Says,
      "It Is a Beautiful Day for Education!"

COLUMBIA, SC (August 25, 2009) – Flashing his megawatt smile, Solomon Jackson, Jr. happily accepted the oversized Powerball® check for $259.9 million during a news conference at the Lottery’s Columbia Claims Center.

“It’s a beautiful day for education,” said Jackson, a Columbia native. “I’ve always supported education.”

The lucky player decided to buy a $1 Powerball® ticket for the August 19 drawing and chose the PowerPlay® option for an additional dollar.“I thought, ‘Why not throw two dollars at the Lottery?’ I did, and it threw it all back to me,” Jackson joked.

His ticket was the only one that matched all six of the winning numbers to win the multi-million dollar Powerball® jackpot. (Winning numbers: 14, 24, 31, 43, 51; Powerball® 27 and PowerPlay® 5). Jackson bought his ticket at Murphy USA #7057, on Garners Ferry Road, in Columbia. The retailer received a $50,000 selling bonus.

South Carolina’s newest multimillionaire has not decided which payout option to take: the one time lump sum ($129 million) or the annuity installments for 29 years. Jackson retired from a job in state government ten years ago.

Since the Lottery’s inception in 2002, the General Assembly has appropriated more than $2.2 billion for educational purposes through fiscal year 2010. Approximately 97 cents of every dollar spent by players on the South Carolina Education Lottery is returned to the state in the form of contributions to education, prizes, retailer commissions, and payment to contractors for goods and services.

Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2015, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

$259.9 Million Powerball® Jackpot Winner Says,
        "It Is a Beautiful Day for Education!"

COLUMBIA, SC (August 25, 2009) – Flashing his megawatt smile, Solomon Jackson, Jr. happily accepted the oversized Powerball® check for $259.9 million during a news conference at the Lottery’s Columbia Claims Center.

“It’s a beautiful day for education,” said Jackson, a Columbia native. “I’ve always supported education.”

The lucky player decided to buy a $1 Powerball® ticket for the August 19 drawing and chose the PowerPlay® option for an additional dollar.“I thought, ‘Why not throw two dollars at the Lottery?’ I did, and it threw it all back to me,” Jackson joked.

His ticket was the only one that matched all six of the winning numbers to win the multi-million dollar Powerball® jackpot. (Winning numbers: 14, 24, 31, 43, 51; Powerball® 27 and PowerPlay® 5). Jackson bought his ticket at Murphy USA #7057, on Garners Ferry Road, in Columbia. The retailer received a $50,000 selling bonus.

South Carolina’s newest multimillionaire has not decided which payout option to take: the one time lump sum ($129 million) or the annuity installments for 29 years. Jackson retired from a job in state government ten years ago.

Since the Lottery’s inception in 2002, the General Assembly has appropriated more than $2.2 billion for educational purposes through fiscal year 2010. Approximately 97 cents of every dollar spent by players on the South Carolina Education Lottery is returned to the state in the form of contributions to education, prizes, retailer commissions, and payment to contractors for goods and services.

I remember when he won I forgot it was a $1 ticket with power play Smile

I Love Pink & Green 1908

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
          South Carolina
          United States
          Member #77167
          July 15, 2009
          554 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2015, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

I remember when he won I forgot it was a $1 ticket with power play Smile

I think winning a lottery is luck.  I try to have a ticket for each drawing.Smile