Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

1 000 000$ a Year For Life Scratcher 1 big win left after 6 years

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Enigmas.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
New York
United States
Member #156870
July 2, 2014
84 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2015, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

If anybody curious how much the payout of this $30 scratch off.     I made a math calculations on excel and figured out that it's 73.7%

ozone park
    United States
    Member #57042
    December 15, 2007
    274 Posts
    Posted: April 8, 2015, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Let me assure you that i verified each time a ticket was supposedly won. Each time I called lottery than I actually called the store that sold the ticket to make sure that it was true. The last ticket was sold in a store in upstate I called them and spoke to the manager. Than a ticket was sold in a check cashing store and that was factual. Than a ticket was sold on Jamaica Ave I actually went ot the store to verify it. Than the first 2 tickets were sold and they were claimed and advertised.Although I have had issues on different things with Lottery let me tell you that I do not think anyone associated with lotto wants to go to jail for the state of NY. trust me on that. The people that work there gain nothing no incentives for tickets not claimed or more tickets sold etc. The only benefit is for the state of NY.  The only way to change the rules is for the state legislatives to actually change the law. 

I really believe there is one ticket left and they would not sell the tickets unless it existed because they would get hell if they end up selling the game out and no one claimed the last prize. This si do not know for a fact nor do i know if they would do such a thing. It is a curious question but I have to say that from my experience and I am such a skeptic and conspiracy theorist that I trust mo one and give no one credit for anything that I actually do think they are being honest. 

I cannot find the last foil request so I will send another one out and let you know the information 

thank you 

sam

ozone park
      United States
      Member #57042
      December 15, 2007
      274 Posts
      Posted: April 8, 2015, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

The last foil request I sent and received was dated Oct 7, 2014 and I have not send out any lately. I will today. The information in Oct was 31/2 million tickets left to be sold as of that date. They also sent me a list of all 1st and 2nd prize winners and the towns they live at and the dates sold. 

sam

ozone park
        United States
        Member #57042
        December 15, 2007
        274 Posts
        Posted: April 8, 2015, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

The last foil request I sent and received was dated Oct 7, 2014 and I have not send out any lately. I will today. The information in Oct was 31/2 million tickets left to be sold as of that date. They also sent me a list of all 1st and 2nd prize winners and the towns they live at and the dates sold. 

sam

ozone park
          United States
          Member #57042
          December 15, 2007
          274 Posts
          Posted: April 8, 2015, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

I know that it seemed like to took for ever for the 1st prize winner to be announced it was not because of lottery. They bought the ticket in September, notified lotto they had it but did not sign the papers until late November. I actually called lotto to ask what was taking so long and was told they were trying to get their affairs in order before they actually signed for the check. They finally did it but months later. Lotto is not allowed to release information on the winning ticket until the winners sign off on it.

New York
            United States
            Member #157288
            July 14, 2014
            170 Posts
            Posted: April 10, 2015, 8:36 am - IP Logged

I see it like this, the Commissioner (if I'm not mistaken) is appointment by the Governor, who is well know to be ethically challenged. So much so that he put an end the corruption probe he started when the results started to weigh negatively on him and his people. If there is one thing I know about politics it's that politicians like money and what better way to fill the State coffers than to withhold information from consumers? This is why they got rid of the Winners Atlas because it would give winning location/game information within 24 hours. Now that it's gone the NYS Lottery only informs consumers when they deem fit. For example let's say someone won the last jackpot and turned it in March 30th. Before with the Atlas we would have known the day after March 31st, but now we wouldn't have know until they updated the Instant Game Report which was on April 8th, even though they claim they update it every Monday and even put that Monday's date on it of April 6th. That's over a week's worth of extra ticket sales or roughly 65K tickets at $30 a pop based on the 3.5 million they sell per year. I don't know any politician that would turn down 1.9 million dollars.

I do hope you are right though and there still is a jackpot ticket left, we should know before the year is over. Probably by the end of summer.

New York
              United States
              Member #157288
              July 14, 2014
              170 Posts
              Posted: April 10, 2015, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

About an hour ago I stopped by a corner store to grab a drink, they usually have two rows of this game, they were up there yesterday but none today so I asked the retailer. He told me he sent them back to the Lottery because they have been sitting there for awhile and people weren't buying them because they started to get difficult to scratch off.

What if the first or second prize was in one of those bundles? You think the lottery will inform the public?

ozone park
                United States
                Member #57042
                December 15, 2007
                274 Posts
                Posted: April 11, 2015, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

It is true when tickets sit for a while they become difficult to scratch but I tell the retailers to sell them to me because I use a razor blade to scratch the ticket. I think that if there is a winner at some point yes they are going to have to admit it because otherwise people will ask where is it. That is a good question and I am not sure we will get a good answer that will make us happy. I did ask and their answer to me was that they could not know if the ticket is in that pack of destroyed cards but I did not believe that at all. 

But I will say that when my scratch off cards were robbed and we gave them the numbers of the scratch off tickets that were stolen and yes I actually was able to get the numbers of the cards stolen, the investigator at lotto did in fact let me know everything I needed to know including how many were winners how many were not etc etc./ 

My experiences have been pretty good with lotto but I agree there is this thing about the destroyed books that we may never know the right answers about.

New York
                  United States
                  Member #157288
                  July 14, 2014
                  170 Posts
                  Posted: April 13, 2015, 9:20 am - IP Logged

I never thought of using a razor blade! Thanks for the tip!

By the way my last F.O.I.L request submitted last week still has gone unanswered. Did you have any luck?