Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

rigged?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 2 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
illinois
United States
Member #163465
January 31, 2015
14 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2015, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I don't believe this to be true, but one of the cashiers at a gas station I go to often says that the powerball and mega millions are rigged. They do back to back winnings once a year at least then let it build. I told him that if it was rigged then wouldn't they want some other states to win so it looks like different states are winning? I don't think it's rigged they have too much to lose to cheat people like that. Still play(:

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: March 29, 2015, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

http://www.lotterypost.com/search/forums?q=rigged&t=all

There is endless chatter here about the games being "rigged". Don't believe it. With how many millions of combinations there are in those games, why would they have to rig it?

Do You Want To Win Today?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/286011

illinois
      United States
      Member #163465
      January 31, 2015
      14 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2015, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Exactly! I can't agree more!

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
        Member #71120
        February 19, 2009
        1209 Posts
        Posted: March 29, 2015, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Speaking of rigged,our state is so crooked,,,the worst 2 days of our winter..ice and snow,non driving conditions,our wonderful lottery plays 2 tripples on pick 3.Thats crooked,knowing we cant and play but their excuse for saying oh we played 2 tripples this year...No lottery in this country is as bad as Tennessee.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19821 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2015, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

I don't believe this to be true, but one of the cashiers at a gas station I go to often says that the powerball and mega millions are rigged. They do back to back winnings once a year at least then let it build. I told him that if it was rigged then wouldn't they want some other states to win so it looks like different states are winning? I don't think it's rigged they have too much to lose to cheat people like that. Still play(:

If you can't trust the cashiers at a gas station who can you trust?  Next time you're there ask them who's going to win the 2016 presidential race.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2657 Posts
            Posted: March 30, 2015, 5:44 am - IP Logged

If you can't trust the cashiers at a gas station who can you trust?  Next time you're there ask them who's going to win the 2016 presidential race.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
              Texas
              United States
              Member #92330
              June 5, 2010
              887 Posts
              Posted: March 30, 2015, 6:00 am - IP Logged

The cashier at the gas station is about as reliable as the bum living under the bridge telling you he has evidence that there is an alien civilization on the dark side of the moon. Heck, a lot of the people selling you lottery tickets know little about the lottery other than what's required (and some, not even that much).

Some people just can't grasp certain things about the lottery, as is very obvious when you look at some of the users and ideas on this site.

ogun state
                Nigeria
                Member #165228
                March 30, 2015
                1 Posts
                Posted: March 30, 2015, 6:49 am - IP Logged

sorry...do you know me

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49674 Posts
                  Posted: March 30, 2015, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Their's a High Probability the Clerk at the Gas Station is on Psychotropic Drugs!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                    Member #164603
                    March 8, 2015
                    604 Posts
                    Posted: March 30, 2015, 9:15 am - IP Logged

sorry...do you know me

No.

Are you a prince?

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      49674 Posts
                      Posted: March 30, 2015, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Droptop6969's avatar - DSCF1040
                        209 Modesto, California
                        United States
                        Member #162967
                        January 15, 2015
                        40 Posts
                        Posted: March 30, 2015, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

MM isn't rigged,  Someone from 2 towns over from me won 600K for hitting 5+0 last year.  I'm talking about a hole in the wall type of town.

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #165004
                          March 22, 2015
                          25 Posts
                          Posted: March 30, 2015, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

I don't think something like Powerball needs to be rigged since even with millions of people playing, the possible combinations of numbers are also in the millions.  That is why even with millions of people playing different combos of numbers no one manages to win.  Scratch off tickets, on the other hand, I believe can and are rigged, at least in Florida. You can see my other post for more information on that, but in a nutshell Florida released a $25 scratch off game 2/24/15 promising 4 10-million dollar and 46 million dollar winners.  This generated a huge wave of sales (record breaking scratch off sales two weeks in a row) and then in week three of the game they quietly adjusted the "remaining prizes" page to reflect '2 out of 3' (not the original 4) 10 million dollar prizes remaining and '30 out of 35' (from the original 46) million dollar prizes.  This is a 25% reduction in top prizes to the tune of 21 million dollars that has been axed 3 weeks into the game.  They continued, however, to generate press releases based on their original promise of 4/46 big winners.  There was zero publicity on the adjusted figures.  If the lottery can remove 21 million dollars in prizes and 12 big winning tickets on a dime, then those tickets were never released out in the prize pool for people to win in the first place.

Their answer to my question posted on their website about the missing 21 million was to block my access to their page.  They can't afford to have the lemmings questioning their methods or their scam because it is basically all that is funding the education budget in the state. That in itself was a scam when it launched-- they 'sold' the lottery to the residents of Florida promising an infusion of funds to the schools of Florida, schools that are underfunded and with test scores among the lowest in the nation.  What they did, however, is not use the lottery as a supplement but as a replacement source of funds and they diverted whatever had been allocated to education to to other state needs.  It has become a necessary and vital part of the budget, this funding off the backs of the idiots participating in the lottery.  Certainly the pressure is on with each new launch to generate revenue.  That pressure has led to outright deception and fraud in the marketing of their tickets now.  The Florida Lottery website touts 'integrity' and 'transparency', but all they did when questioned about the missing 21 million was to delete my access to ask the question or communicate with other people interacting on their website.  There is no transparency or integrity and their is no explanation.  Almost daily now they are adjusting the 'remaining prizes' page.  I filed a complaint with the Florida Lottery Inspector General, but since they are all in the same sloppy government bed, I doubt anything will come of it.  The state is corrupt, the lottery is corrupt and the people continuing to plop down their hard earned cash thinking they have a chance of beating the odds are not being told what the true odds are or how easily the lottery can adjust the prize pool as it suits their needs.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4105 Posts
                            Posted: March 30, 2015, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Rigged jackpots- l wonder when they going to come around to giving one to Wyoming or Nebraska? Where are they in the pecking order? 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                              Massachusetts
                              United States
                              Member #37433
                              April 14, 2006
                              2747 Posts
                              Posted: March 30, 2015, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

It's not rigged. At least that's what i believe. However, I wonder if it's possible for LP admin to acquire video footage of the drawing from start to finish. I'm sure it's boring and all that but it would go far in educating us on what takes place.  They say people can apply to be witnesses but what about those who live hours away? 

Avideo would be nice.

That money's gone fo ever