Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

rigged?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 2 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Greenwood
United States
Member #165242
March 30, 2015
1 Posts
Posted: March 30, 2015, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi all, first post here, and this topic has always interested me. Although I lean more towards the "Not Rigged" side, mainly due to the massive # of combinations for Powerball & Mega Millions, but some food for thought.

How "out of the norm" would it be with the technology we have today, for within the 1 hour cutoff time, the possibility of a computer database processing all the tickets sold within that hour, and generating a "non-winning" combination? Thus translating to the video draw, where ping pong balls can easily be manipulated, ever so slightly, to favor not being picked or picked?

Again, I only bring this up to welcome your comments and thoughts, as I really believe its not rigged. Too many winners over the years, and winners in very random places.

Hey glad to be a part of the community now, looking forward to more lottery chat :)

-Raiden

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4102 Posts
    Posted: March 30, 2015, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Hi all, first post here, and this topic has always interested me. Although I lean more towards the "Not Rigged" side, mainly due to the massive # of combinations for Powerball & Mega Millions, but some food for thought.

How "out of the norm" would it be with the technology we have today, for within the 1 hour cutoff time, the possibility of a computer database processing all the tickets sold within that hour, and generating a "non-winning" combination? Thus translating to the video draw, where ping pong balls can easily be manipulated, ever so slightly, to favor not being picked or picked?

Again, I only bring this up to welcome your comments and thoughts, as I really believe its not rigged. Too many winners over the years, and winners in very random places.

Hey glad to be a part of the community now, looking forward to more lottery chat :)

-Raiden

Welcome Raiden. Party

Simply put : Its Impossible to tell how the spinning Balls will fall. If there was a method to foresee this event- mathematicians would have pounced on this loophole a long time ago. Pure Chance- nothing else.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1506 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2015, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

Welcome Raiden !!  Make yourself at home. See Ya!

United States
        Member #67870
        December 7, 2008
        154 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2015, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

It would not be easy to manipulate the balls.

You or anyone from the public can attend a live drawing, at least here in Va., and see how they do it live.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #104962
          January 23, 2011
          1075 Posts
          Posted: April 2, 2015, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

-Raiden

how "out of the norm" would it be with the technology we have today, for within the 1 hour cutoff time, the possibility of a computer database processing all the tickets sold within that hour, and generating a "non-winning" combination? Thus translating to the video draw, where ping pong balls can easily be manipulated, ever so slightly, to favor not being picked or picked?

That is what I wonder.  Considering how far  technology has come along,  I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it.

Trump 2016!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5588 Posts
            Posted: April 3, 2015, 8:29 am - IP Logged

how "out of the norm" would it be with the technology we have today, for within the 1 hour cutoff time, the possibility of a computer database processing all the tickets sold within that hour, and generating a "non-winning" combination? Thus translating to the video draw, where ping pong balls can easily be manipulated, ever so slightly, to favor not being picked or picked?

That is what I wonder.  Considering how far  technology has come along,  I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it.

Unless the jackpot is huge, they don't even sell all the possible combinations. So there is a very good chance no one wins a jackpot. Of course, somebody will win a smaller jackpot periodically. That's why I play every draw. I'm happy with second prize.

If someone doesn't want to play, it should be because of the astronomical odds, not because they think it's rigged. With the odds of MM and PB they don't need to bother trying to rig it. Not to mention trying to control all those ping pong balls so that certain ones don't play. Really???

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
              Member #71120
              February 19, 2009
              1209 Posts
              Posted: April 3, 2015, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

I dont know about MM or PB but this state is rigged.Its run by computer,computers are told what is played and what not to drop.We are not stupid.

gra8*2win's avatar - spherewall
                williamson county
                United States
                Member #119081
                November 14, 2011
                2768 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2015, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

I dont know about MM or PB but this state is rigged.Its run by computer,computers are told what is played and what not to drop.We are not stupid.

Im with you........these computers know the payouts...........they can't payout more than they take in........and with ball drops  payout is random.....

tennessee wants to control this.  who is sitting at that computer?.......what time do they get there to perfom pre-test draws?........do they have time

to call a loved one and say hey this is about to drop?.........yes it is possible.  we have to wait 20 minutes for restults.....and tennessee has a "F" on

their rating.  They knew that people were frozen on those days, and they knew the plays were low on the ice days, and i said the same thing unless you

played your numbers in advance for so many days .....bam triple......falls.  Cheaters is all i can say......and rigged for sure.

You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                  Member #142499
                  May 13, 2013
                  1182 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2015, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

So let me get this straight, publishing the names of the winners is supposed to be the one and only true way to keep those with overly suspicious minds from ever thinking the lotteries are rigged, but the names are being published and the lotteries are still being accused of being rigged by those with overly suspicious minds. Say it isn't so. Every week there's some new accusation of rigging. Publishing the names is working like a charm.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                    TX
                    United States
                    Member #121193
                    January 4, 2012
                    1637 Posts
                    Posted: April 5, 2015, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

So let me get this straight, publishing the names of the winners is supposed to be the one and only true way to keep those with overly suspicious minds from ever thinking the lotteries are rigged, but the names are being published and the lotteries are still being accused of being rigged by those with overly suspicious minds. Say it isn't so. Every week there's some new accusation of rigging. Publishing the names is working like a charm.

Teddi,

Shhhhhhh,don't tell anyone but these names and pictures that are supposed to be winners are actually lottery employees, they really don't keep the money, they funnel it back into the system which supports global warming.... If those conspiracy folks only knew !!!!

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                      Member #71120
                      February 19, 2009
                      1209 Posts
                      Posted: April 5, 2015, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

I agree CDanaT...I never believed there are true winners in Tennessee,never see them on line,in pictures and about 3 times a year there will be big big payouts on the pick 4,rest of the time it is around 4 to 10 thousand a payout,its always been this low,,,,this lottery hs been running 10 years.....I guess thats what our Goverment wants...Just stay home down waste gas playing because you wont win.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #55889
                        October 23, 2007
                        5588 Posts
                        Posted: April 5, 2015, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Teddi,

Shhhhhhh,don't tell anyone but these names and pictures that are supposed to be winners are actually lottery employees, they really don't keep the money, they funnel it back into the system which supports global warming.... If those conspiracy folks only knew !!!!

Oh crap Dana, don't be giving ideas to pick and jj!!!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)