Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do You Play By Subscription?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Pbwsoon shawn.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Bondi Junction
Australia
Member #57242
December 24, 2007
1102 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2015, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

All lotteries should offer subscription services, many people would find it very convenient and it is good for business.

I am surprised that some lotteries don't offer subscription services, they are losing out on revenue.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

Bondi Junction
    Australia
    Member #57242
    December 24, 2007
    1102 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2015, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

The New York Lottery offers a subscription service for Lotto and Mega Millions, but you must have an New York State address to subscribe.

Bondi Junction
      Australia
      Member #57242
      December 24, 2007
      1102 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2015, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

What is the policy of your state lottery?

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2015, 9:55 am - IP Logged

my state subscription service is so long  that i never read it, im sure it has the usual " in case of errors we are not at fault and you agree not to sue us. "

as long as i keep the money flowing the tickets keep coming, sometimes even prize money! once i did check my offline  number checking and saw a win and not on the subscription,  under further investigation I saw I had copied 1 number incorrectly to the subscription ticket, and there didnt win, i had to delete the 4 tickets anr replay them, with correct numbers. So i missed out ona $20 win for one of the pools

I dont like that they use check boxes to mark my numbers, and not a  copy and paste window.

all in all a really convenient service.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
          NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3693 Posts
          Posted: April 16, 2015, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I have a subscription in The State of New York.  I play six games of Lotto twice per week without ever buying a ticket.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10348 Posts
            Posted: April 16, 2015, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

The only U.S. state that I know of that offers subscriptions for out of state people is Massachusetts.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #165541
              April 12, 2015
              541 Posts
              Posted: April 16, 2015, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

All lotteries should offer subscription services, many people would find it very convenient and it is good for business.

I am surprised that some lotteries don't offer subscription services, they are losing out on revenue.

The negative allure of subscriptions is that you cant fix your numbers.  If you buy a one year subscription and realize you have some major sucky duds, you cant do anything about it.  But I agree with you.  I am surprised some lotteries don't offer what the customers want.  They are losing out.

Bondi Junction
                Australia
                Member #57242
                December 24, 2007
                1102 Posts
                Posted: April 18, 2015, 2:00 am - IP Logged

The only U.S. state that I know of that offers subscriptions for out of state people is Massachusetts.

Yes, Massachusetts is the only state, that I know of that offers a subscription service nationwide.if your state offers a subscription service nationwide, let me know.  Thanks

Megabuck Doubler is a $1 wager and is drawn two times a week. Tickets can be purchased by phone:

1-800-222-8587 (TKTS)

1 Year Season Ticket = $100 
                (104 drawings)

You can pay by credit cards,  but it is better to use debt cards, credit card issuers may charge fees and interest. 

They only offer the service for Megabucks Doubler, hopefully they will extend it to other games.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3854 Posts
                  Posted: April 18, 2015, 8:29 am - IP Logged

I was contemplating a script for PB and MM w/ Maryland B/C they offer anonymity,

but then LottoLucy advised me that youn need an address in that state

Until that changes... if ever,  I'll  just take an occasional trip to Delaware.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2015, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Yes, Massachusetts is the only state, that I know of that offers a subscription service nationwide.if your state offers a subscription service nationwide, let me know.  Thanks

Megabuck Doubler is a $1 wager and is drawn two times a week. Tickets can be purchased by phone:

1-800-222-8587 (TKTS)

1 Year Season Ticket = $100 
                    (104 drawings)

You can pay by credit cards,  but it is better to use debt cards, credit card issuers may charge fees and interest. 

They only offer the service for Megabucks Doubler, hopefully they will extend it to other games.

They used to offer a subscription to Mass Cash, but they removed it for some reason. I found an old Mass Cash slip that I bought in 2009.

mass cash

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
                      Member #131594
                      August 14, 2012
                      171 Posts
                      Posted: April 18, 2015, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

I have a megamillions subscription.  I like it because it helps eliminate "errors" like the gas station I used to frequent where the clerk disabled the ticket reader and told my husband a $30 winner didn't win and tried to throw it away (probably to be fished out later and cashed in).  Luckily I knew it was a winner and had told my husband earlier how much it was worth so he brought it back to me. 

I also like it because it helps reduce impulse buying.  I am basically lazy and if I already have tickets I am less likely to stop and buy extra tickets.  It doesn't always work but it does a lot of the time.

For a long time I wished they had a Powerball subscription in my state but that doesn't matter anymore since I am planning on breaking up with powerball once the matrix changes.

Lotto Lucy

Bondi Junction
                        Australia
                        Member #57242
                        December 24, 2007
                        1102 Posts
                        Posted: April 19, 2015, 7:48 am - IP Logged

I like subscriptions as they raise additional revenue, as commissions on ticket sales don't have to be paid to lottery agents. Also, if jackpots or large prizes are won, lottery agents don't get windfalls.

United States
                          Member #972
                          December 30, 2002
                          465 Posts
                          Posted: April 27, 2015, 12:27 am - IP Logged

Mass Cash went from 2 days a week to 7 days a week, so now is too expensive for season ticket.

Bondi Junction
                            Australia
                            Member #57242
                            December 24, 2007
                            1102 Posts
                            Posted: April 27, 2015, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

The Maine Lottery's subscription service policy.

You have to have a state of maine mailing address to be able to continue with the Maine State Lottery, sorry!

Office Manager

Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages and Lottery Operations

207-287-6758

Brooklyn, New York
                              United States
                              Member #120658
                              December 24, 2011
                              5 Posts
                              Posted: May 12, 2015, 9:25 am - IP Logged

New Hampshire offers subscriptions to out of state residents for Hot Lotto, Tri State Megabucks, PB and MM.  You would need to go to any retailer in the state and buy the subscription.  The retailer prints out a ticket and a form to mail in.  The state will mail you your check after you accumulate $10 in winnings.  Massachusetts also sells the subscription at the retailer and prints out the form for their Megabucks doubler game, PB, MM and Lucky for Life. 

I believe Megabucks is the only game they offer through UPS service and a credit card over the phone. 

NC and MN offer internet based subscriptions as long as the subscriptions and wallet is funded from wit in the state.  If you read the fine print, MN welcomes out of state residents.