Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do You Play By Subscription?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Pbwsoon shawn.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
Member #141034
April 2, 2013
1419 Posts
Posted: May 12, 2015, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Subscriptions  across  state lines is the only way to go, but it's more like wishful thinking right now. We have our politicians to thank for that.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7343 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2015, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

Mass Cash went from 2 days a week to 7 days a week, so now is too expensive for season ticket.

The odds of winning anything playing Megabucks doubler is 1 in 54 so at best a full year subscription ($104) has a only a 10% chance of breaking even. It looks like it might take a year for or more for the jackpot to even reach the 14 million to 1 odds. The $2500 second prize for matching 5 out of 6 is better than most but the odds against are 54,200 to 1.

The odds playing MM are much better and we don't have to pay $100 upfront. Hopefully somebody will explain why playing Megabucks doubler by subscription is better option because I can't see it.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3316 Posts
      Posted: May 13, 2015, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Oh I see this is about pre paid subscriptions also. my  one is  i  pre select the numbers. and ea week the commissions bills my account the money. so i am not set  on those numbers. i can cancel, change up , add more . etc. its all done via the web.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Brooklyn, New York
        United States
        Member #120658
        December 24, 2011
        5 Posts
        Posted: May 18, 2015, 7:58 am - IP Logged

The odds of winning anything playing Megabucks doubler is 1 in 54 so at best a full year subscription ($104) has a only a 10% chance of breaking even. It looks like it might take a year for or more for the jackpot to even reach the 14 million to 1 odds. The $2500 second prize for matching 5 out of 6 is better than most but the odds against are 54,200 to 1.

The odds playing MM are much better and we don't have to pay $100 upfront. Hopefully somebody will explain why playing Megabucks doubler by subscription is better option because I can't see it.

I did hit 4 numbers in last years subscription for $100 and was one number away from 5 numbers. 

That did pay for the subscription.  Some may consider that lucky.

Lottery players shouldn't care about the odds, which are never any good for any game to begin with.

The bottom line if you are not in the game you're not going to win it.  And someone usually does win it.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7343 Posts
          Posted: May 18, 2015, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

I did hit 4 numbers in last years subscription for $100 and was one number away from 5 numbers. 

That did pay for the subscription.  Some may consider that lucky.

Lottery players shouldn't care about the odds, which are never any good for any game to begin with.

The bottom line if you are not in the game you're not going to win it.  And someone usually does win it.

"Got lucky and broke even" isn't exactly a strong betting strategy, especially after a years worth of play.

"Lottery players shouldn't care about the odds, which are never any good for any game to begin with."

For every player that wins $100 and breaks even, nine players are lucky if they only lose $96. The bottom line is players must beat overwhelming odds just to win the second prize.

United States
            Member #166569
            May 27, 2015
            29 Posts
            Posted: May 27, 2015, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I wish subscription could be offered across state lines, then I wouldn't have to worry about sending money to my friend in Ohio who buys our tickets for us.   I like the idea of being able to claim anonymously in Ohio.   I kinda wish Utah had the lottery, but glad they don't.  I know I would spend a lot more than I already do, so it is a good thing in the end.  Plus, the anonymous thing in Ohio would trump buying tickets in Utah anyway (unless Utah had lottery and anonymous claiming available.)