Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Online Lottery Play

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 2 years ago by SilverLion.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How much longer should online lottery be banned in the USA?

6 Months [ 7 ]  [31.82%]
1 Year [ 1 ]  [4.55%]
5 Years [ 1 ]  [4.55%]
10 Years [ 1 ]  [4.55%]
Forever [ 3 ]  [13.64%]
Its not a problem I already play lottery online. [ 9 ]  [40.91%]
Total Valid Votes [ 22 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #165541
April 12, 2015
545 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2015, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

You can pay taxes online.  You can pay your mortgage online.  You can pay your parking tickets online.  You can pay your credits cards on line.

But if you live in the U.S.A.  Lottery tickets online is taboo.  Where is the logic?

I for one, am not offered the luxury to play online, so I often travel out of state to play.  Very inconvenient!

Please answer honestly.

United States
    Member #132100
    August 26, 2012
    1076 Posts
    Posted: April 17, 2015, 12:39 am - IP Logged

It should not be.

Are you not an adult and don't you know how to manage your money?

If you want to play the lottery online you should be able to.

Isn't your money yours?

Are people imbeciles who need the government to control them in every aspect of their lives?

Even if people are imbeciles and I won't say that they are not, nor that they are, as free adults they should be able to play the lottery online where-ever they want to.

Or is playing the lottery a crime?

As a free adult you can give your own money to anybody you want to, even to criminals, terrorists or to whoever, it is your money.

Don't you have free will?

They provide a service that you want to buy.

Is playing the lottery a crime?

Are they criminals because they provide that service?

And are you a criminal because you buy that service?

These kind of payouts are criminal:

Draw DateWinning Numbers5 of 5 Prize AmountTop Prize Winners
    04/16/20154 - 20 - 24 - 25 - 37$00
    04/15/201512 - 17 - 22 - 24 - 29$00
    04/14/201511 - 19 - 28 - 31 - 37$17,1451

http://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Images/cashfiveprizechart.gif

5 of 5$00
    4 of 5$64141
    3 of 5$101,723
    2 of 5$218,079
    Total Winners: 19,843

United States
      Member #165541
      April 12, 2015
      545 Posts
      Posted: April 17, 2015, 2:20 am - IP Logged

It should not be.

Isn't your money yours?

Are people imbeciles who need the government to control them in every aspect of their lives?

Even if people are imbeciles and I won't say that they are not, nor that they are, as free adults they should be able to play the lottery online where-ever they want to.

As a free adult you can give your own money to anybody you want to, even to criminals, terrorists or to whoever, it is your money.

5 of 5$00
      4 of 5$64141
      3 of 5$101,723
      2 of 5$218,079

Wow.  Thanks for you reply.

A little heavy to respond to in depth.

But as far as TX is concerned, the 4/5 of $641 is an increase from say $150 when a JP is not won.

I cant for sure say there is criminal activity in the payouts as I am not privy of the financial data. 

But I think governement is overall trying to help.  I mean I suppose I trust the government more than the mafia.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49743 Posts
        Posted: April 17, 2015, 3:22 am - IP Logged

But as far as TX is concerned, the 4/5 of $641 is an increase from say $150 when a JP is not won.

I cant for sure say there is criminal activity in the payouts as I am not privy of the financial data. 

But I think governement is overall trying to help.  I mean I suppose I trust the government more than the mafia.

Missed place Trust: Trust no one!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3103 Posts
          Posted: April 17, 2015, 8:15 am - IP Logged

The government helps themselves to our money having squandered much of what they already received.

If our government really wanted to help they would reduce their share of the take. 

Make it easier to win, smaller game matrix evenly divisable such as 5/35 and 6/48 games. 

Make the prizes tax free. 

Pour  the game profits into scholarships.

Wake me up when it happens.  Bed

BobP

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5600 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2015, 8:28 am - IP Logged

It should not be.

Isn't your money yours?

5 of 5$00
            4 of 5$64141
            3 of 5$101,723
            2 of 5$218,079

The Texas Cash 5 game kinda sucks. Get rid of the payout for 2 numbers and the jackpot would be decent.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49743 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2015, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

The government helps themselves to our money having squandered much of what they already received.

If our government really wanted to help they would reduce their share of the take. 

Make it easier to win, smaller game matrix evenly divisable such as 5/35 and 6/48 games. 

Make the prizes tax free. 

Pour  the game profits into scholarships.

Wake me up when it happens.  Bed

BobP

$0.69 of Every Tax Dollar Goes to War!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                Cordova,Al.
                United States
                Member #104482
                January 15, 2011
                4906 Posts
                Posted: April 17, 2015, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

I'm a adult. I don't want or need the government, dictator over my money after they've gotten their taxes. I don't need them telling me how to enjoy my money. If I wanted to play on- line with some of it so be it. Unlike them I Know what a budget is. I feel the government has had enough free lunches it our expense. 85% of the money they got in taxes is squandered. If they had limited themselves as much as they've trying to limit us as adults now, the National debt would been lower. So, it time for government to step back. I'm for on- line lottery playing. Stop talking to me , like I'm your child at home. I'm adult with a mind & ideas of my own. I don't want or need your opinion on how to run my life at this point. Until the day come when I can walk -up any one in government & say, give me your purse or wallet I getting what ever amount of money I desire out of it. Which will never happen. Then & only then  can you voice or asked what I'm going to use it for. The way the government is acting right now, we haven't grown up yet. Your my government, not my parents. Your title starts with the letter {G}, but you not the right {G} person to try to take my free will away.

United States
                  Member #165541
                  April 12, 2015
                  545 Posts
                  Posted: May 9, 2015, 1:15 am - IP Logged

Missed place Trust: Trust no one!

Thanks for responding raven.

Misplaced trust.

I do trust my government (somewhat).  Although government is just people.  So therefore I do trust people (somewhat).

Although If i had a 75,000 dollar winner on a scratcher (unknoingly)  I might hesitate to trust the clerk.

Even though I am very hard trying to trust people.  I feel they are all suffering the mania of money. (Like lottery players)

(I wonder if the guy who stractched that ticket had a lucky squirrel coin.)

And I do trust the agency conducting the sting to realize the clerk was cross-eyed and read the terminal wrong.

I mean it happens!

I mean if you were able to check your scratcher tickets online, these type of events wouldn't happen.   

I wonder if that scratch ticket read.

Clerk

India

Crook.

Boy that would be insensitive.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7310 Posts
                    Posted: May 9, 2015, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for responding raven.

Misplaced trust.

I do trust my government (somewhat).  Although government is just people.  So therefore I do trust people (somewhat).

Although If i had a 75,000 dollar winner on a scratcher (unknoingly)  I might hesitate to trust the clerk.

Even though I am very hard trying to trust people.  I feel they are all suffering the mania of money. (Like lottery players)

(I wonder if the guy who stractched that ticket had a lucky squirrel coin.)

And I do trust the agency conducting the sting to realize the clerk was cross-eyed and read the terminal wrong.

I mean it happens!

I mean if you were able to check your scratcher tickets online, these type of events wouldn't happen.   

I wonder if that scratch ticket read.

Clerk

India

Crook.

Boy that would be insensitive.

It's easy to bet on horse racing online and millions were bet online on the Kentucky Derby. You'll have to ask your legislators what is the difference.

"Although If i had a 75,000 dollar winner on a scratcher (unknoingly)  I might hesitate to trust the clerk."

The clerks in most stores can only cash tickets worth $600 or less and if the store doesn't have a scanner take it somewhere that does. Why would anybody even buy a lottery ticket if they can't figure out what it's worth?

"I mean if you were able to check your scratcher tickets online, these type of events wouldn't happen."

Do you really believe lotteries will sell scratchers online or allow online players to scan store bought scratchers?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19826 Posts
                      Posted: May 9, 2015, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

It's easy to bet on horse racing online and millions were bet online on the Kentucky Derby. You'll have to ask your legislators what is the difference.

"Although If i had a 75,000 dollar winner on a scratcher (unknoingly)  I might hesitate to trust the clerk."

The clerks in most stores can only cash tickets worth $600 or less and if the store doesn't have a scanner take it somewhere that does. Why would anybody even buy a lottery ticket if they can't figure out what it's worth?

"I mean if you were able to check your scratcher tickets online, these type of events wouldn't happen."

Do you really believe lotteries will sell scratchers online or allow online players to scan store bought scratchers?

"Why would anybody even buy a lottery ticket if they can't figure out what it's worth?"

Use to be the cheaper scratch-off tickets only required the players to scratch off the latex to see if he matched anything to know if he had won but the more expensive ones figure making it harder to do the same was more entertaining even if he didn't win anything.  That's one of the reasons I don't play them, the extra figuring isn't entertaining to me.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7310 Posts
                        Posted: May 9, 2015, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

"Why would anybody even buy a lottery ticket if they can't figure out what it's worth?"

Use to be the cheaper scratch-off tickets only required the players to scratch off the latex to see if he matched anything to know if he had won but the more expensive ones figure making it harder to do the same was more entertaining even if he didn't win anything.  That's one of the reasons I don't play them, the extra figuring isn't entertaining to me.

If they don't know the exact value of their ticket, they should at least have the common sense to sign it. I guess blaming someone else for their mistakes is now just part of our society.

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                          Member #71120
                          February 19, 2009
                          1209 Posts
                          Posted: May 10, 2015, 10:51 am - IP Logged

When you cant trust your own state lottery,it should be your choice,ours is stolen daily...It is the worst in the country..just another Ponzi  Scheme.

TinkerMazell's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                            Augusta, Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #127854
                            May 10, 2012
                            81 Posts
                            Posted: May 10, 2015, 11:02 am - IP Logged

I play on line, so I guess I don't know what you mean by "banned". I do know, however, that I can not play on my state's lottery website if I am not logged on within the state. I find that odd.

I am a $20,000 winner from a Georgia Lottery scratch off game called "$3,000,000 Taxes Paid"!

new jersey
                              United States
                              Member #150815
                              December 31, 2013
                              513 Posts
                              Posted: May 14, 2015, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

if  u  play  online out  of  the  country,  try  and  collect  if  u  really  win  big,  its  illegal  and  they  wont  pay.  and  u  cant  do  a  thing  about  it