Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If Puerto Rico or Florida won either the next MM or PB jackpot..

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 2 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4104 Posts
Posted: April 26, 2015, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

What thoughts would go through your mind? Would you swallow hard and ask yourself " Just what in the heck is going on here?"

"Would you say " That's it- lm done!"  Or would you shrug it off and say " Just Plain Lucky l guess, their streak has to end at some point, hopefully soon!" 

Given the millions of combinations for either jackpot- l would say "Plain Luck."..

* Have a Great Week People and above all else: Stay Healthy.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: April 26, 2015, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Be fair. Add CA and NY. These complete the top 4 on the Conspiracy Theorists Hit List.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
      Member #131594
      August 14, 2012
      171 Posts
      Posted: April 26, 2015, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

What thoughts would go through your mind? Would you swallow hard and ask yourself " Just what in the heck is going on here?"

"Would you say " That's it- lm done!"  Or would you shrug it off and say " Just Plain Lucky l guess, their streak has to end at some point, hopefully soon!" 

Given the millions of combinations for either jackpot- l would say "Plain Luck."..

I wouldn't think much of it if Floridia won again since the state has almost 20 million people.  I would probably raise an eyebrow at Puerto Rico winning again with a population of 3.6 million people.  Ultimately I would just shrug it off as coincidence and hope I am next!

Lotto Lucy

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4104 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2015, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Be fair. Add CA and NY. These complete the top 4 on the Conspiracy Theorists Hit List.

O.B wan- l wanted to separate these two from the conspiratorial herd because they have each won the PB as of late. What if they did it again with the next wins? Seems fair...l think.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4104 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2015, 12:07 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't think much of it if Floridia won again since the state has almost 20 million people.  I would probably raise an eyebrow at Puerto Rico winning again with a population of 3.6 million people.  Ultimately I would just shrug it off as coincidence and hope I am next!

I Agree!... Image result for raising eyebrows gif LL.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
            Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1129 Posts
            Posted: April 27, 2015, 12:41 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't even bat an eye. In my mind it doesn't matter where the winning numbers are purchased, only that they are played.

As far as those who would say, "That's it! I'm done," we all know they would just say that and not follow through. It would be the same people who play $100 in a record jackpot and then when they lose, swear up and down that they will never play again. That is, until the next time LOL

People just like to find something to complain about or rationalize why they don't win

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
            P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

cbr$'s avatar - maren
              Cordova,Al.
              United States
              Member #104482
              January 15, 2011
              4867 Posts
              Posted: April 27, 2015, 1:10 am - IP Logged

I'm going to shrug it off. congratulation the winner & get prepare to play again.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                Member #133462
                September 30, 2012
                5946 Posts
                Posted: April 27, 2015, 1:13 am - IP Logged

O.B wan- l wanted to separate these two from the conspiratorial herd because they have each won the PB as of late. What if they did it again with the next wins? Seems fair...l think.

I gotcha! We know if this happens your best friend will be on his usual rant - lol

"Everything works  ONCE!"

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: April 27, 2015, 5:10 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't even bat an eye. In my mind it doesn't matter where the winning numbers are purchased, only that they are played.

As far as those who would say, "That's it! I'm done," we all know they would just say that and not follow through. It would be the same people who play $100 in a record jackpot and then when they lose, swear up and down that they will never play again. That is, until the next time LOL

People just like to find something to complain about or rationalize why they don't win

I Agree!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: April 27, 2015, 5:11 am - IP Logged

It's just plain luck and people picking the right numbers. So no I won't quit playing when certain states have more winners.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                      Member #52345
                      May 21, 2007
                      2657 Posts
                      Posted: April 27, 2015, 5:52 am - IP Logged

It's just plain luck and people picking the right numbers. So no I won't quit playing when certain states have more winners.

Skeptical dunno about that some times ...... but am happy for those lucky critter/s

but as its been often said my chances are just as good as the last critter that won

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #77167
                        July 15, 2009
                        554 Posts
                        Posted: April 27, 2015, 6:33 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                          Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #129225
                          June 13, 2012
                          546 Posts
                          Posted: April 27, 2015, 7:19 am - IP Logged

Well, since I was recently in Florida...Let it be Florida, Let it be Florida!!!!  LOL!

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                            Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #104962
                            January 23, 2011
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: April 27, 2015, 8:30 am - IP Logged

Yes lets just use the "conspiracy theory" card  to deflect/shutdown any criticism, before anyone dismisses puerto ricos second win within 2 months of the last.  Lets take a look at what is going on there.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/economy-budget/234501-puerto-ricos-debt-crisis-a-lehman-moment-for-the-island

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-03-27/puerto-rico-to-be-biggest-muni-default-ever-cohen

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/puerto-rico-bank-warns-imminent-government-shutdown-30511056

Now,  that we have something to go on.  You people are throwing your money away plain and simple.  The multi state lottery is just another way to transfer everyones money where they want it to go.

Trump 2016!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5588 Posts
                              Posted: April 27, 2015, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Frankly I don't care where, or when a jackpot is won. I just know that if I'm lucky enough to even win the minimum jackpot I can kiss my job goodbye forever.

That keeps me going. I just think getting caught up in where PB or MM are won is goofy.

I really like someone's (can't remember who) sig which is a cartoon that says "he's excited that he has a 1 in 176 million chance of not coming to work on Monday".

Priceless!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)